Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

1 hour ago, Hubwee said:

I was there at the airport when all these happened trying to get the earliest flight out . So i can safely assume that i do have more details from google ... Not everything will be stated on google please ... That's the problem we have with keyboard warriors these days who relies too much on google for their info and take it as facts . 

MAS / JAL / KLM for sure gives priority to their own citizen to board without tickets . 

I cannot recall which country but 1 even flew down a C130 to get their citizens out 

Edward was removed i believed due to what happened with regards to the Embassy issue .  

Who's Edward? MFA Perm sec? 

Charging extra for tickets in such scenario is definitely abhorrent. Never read about anything like that in the news back then.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

My dad lost his (many years) job in indo and was back in sg shortly before the riots happened. Good timing. 

Sadly but most likely, according to him, most of the rich connected indo folk were pre-warned before the riots started and had already exited the country prior. Normal folk all gg.

A lot of people have news about these riots or riots happening way before the actual big one . We do have it during those days also . 

The problem was we used to fly back every time there is such news and then when back in SG , then nothing happens there . Hence we took it for granted ... 

I still remember clearly that i flew into Jakarta the day before the big riot lor , i remembering commenting to my driver that time that how come today the toll to city so empty and lucky i choose to come today and is not leaving today as there were huge jams on the opposite direction of the toll to the airport ...

I still remember going out to party on the night itself lor ..   

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

you supply prata 

I chip in the curry

😂😂no thanks.

Dun ride on other's personal account to turn fats to facts ya.

Thomas Cook saga is in hundreds of thousands affected. The sheer number of citizens affected plus the type of support we now have, response may not be the same. It hasnt happened to become a fact. Now its fats stage.

😂😂😂 there are some interesting snippets of news but cannot read cos need go NLB archive personally. 

Still, pls leave the prata and curry for yourself. U have quite a few pieces here there. But look for them yourself.

Safe ride. Good weekend too.

Cheers

Snippets below but only pieces of fats for now so i wont speculate its interesting contents.

Screenshot_20191018-151514_Samsung Internet_resize_89.jpg

Screenshot_20191018-151446_Samsung Internet_resize_42.jpg

Screenshot_20191018-151426_Samsung Internet_resize_75.jpg

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Who's Edward? MFA Perm sec? 

Charging extra for tickets in such scenario is definitely abhorrent. Never read about anything like that in the news back then.

If my memory serves me correctly , Edward Lee or something , supposed to be the PIC there during those years . But if i again remember correctly , he was later reinstate to Indonesia a couple of years after the riot . 

They do not even accept credit cards lor cos nothing was working . Its all cash payments !!!  

8 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

A lot of people have news about these riots or riots happening way before the actual big one . We do have it during those days also . 

The problem was we used to fly back every time there is such news and then when back in SG , then nothing happens there . Hence we took it for granted ... 

I still remember clearly that i flew into Jakarta the day before the big riot lor , i remembering commenting to my driver that time that how come today the toll to city so empty and lucky i choose to come today and is not leaving today as there were huge jams on the opposite direction of the toll to the airport ...

I still remember going out to party on the night itself lor ..   

My dad work in jungle. no party. haha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

live from TST and MK ... err simi anti face mask?

popcorn ready for the weekend .... last time weekend all shops door open wide wide wait for customers

now weekend ... all shops close and pray no damage

2019-10-18_131932.jpg

Seem like not all shops targeted....but some are seriously targeted by these kids

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49983767. Why Starbucks? why target public transport? Some Mix-ups also

11 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Seem like not all shops targeted....but some are seriously targeted by these kids

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49983767. Why Starbucks? why target public transport? Some Mix-ups also

target mtr because of the previous incident happened at the station, Starbucks because the franchise owned by the pro-beijing group.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

😂😂no thanks.

Dun ride on other's personal account to turn fats to facts ya.

Thomas Cook saga is in hundreds of thousands affected. The sheer number of citizens affected plus the type of support we now have, response may not be the same. It hasnt happened to become a fact. Now its fats stage.

😂😂😂 there are some interesting snippets of news but cannot read cos need go NLB archive personally. 

Still, pls leave the prata and curry for yourself. U have quite a few pieces here there. But look for them yourself.

Safe ride. Good weekend too.

Cheers

Snippets below but only pieces of fats for now so i wont speculate its interesting contents.

Screenshot_20191018-151514_Samsung Internet_resize_89.jpg

Screenshot_20191018-151446_Samsung Internet_resize_42.jpg

Screenshot_20191018-151426_Samsung Internet_resize_75.jpg

I am not sure but if you are retired good keep posting helps with dementia. But if not go out and get a proper job.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

All the land deeds in my hand.

Did check and CCP build the HST (High Speed Train) across it. The HST runs from HaiKou to Sanya.

So LL lor .. :lll._.:

Ah Kou, Loo Tee Hai Nam Lang ah? 🤗

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

I am not sure but if you are retired good keep posting helps with dementia. But if not go out and get a proper job.

😂thank you for fatty suggestions.

Forum for all walks of ppl. Enjoying myself here actually. 

😂😂😂😂

Safe ride. Gooder weekend. 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Mixed feelings.

On one hand glad they have a safe place to retire. 

On the other hand, people's perception may be one where HKPF got special homes specially built for them. No wonder they are pro-beijing.

The jump into yellow river also cannot clean type of scenario.

But looking at how the rioters target these and their families, i am genuinely happy they do not need to fear for their lives from these out for revenge.

They can enjoy peace and rest upon retirement. A police village per se.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Smart Chinese property developer👍...but there are already so many ghost cities or ghost towns around in china... now still plan to build more and call it Hong Kong City, so this is about trying sell Hkers. 2 cents.. maybe give it FOC or sell them cheap cheep to these retired HK Civil Servants. HKers really don't know where to retire in China? Need a new HK city? not so sure....seriously. 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under-occupied_developments_in_China

On 10/8/2019 at 12:57 PM, BanCoe said:

C14A583E-6016-41CF-9C9C-049BEAFADBE2.jpeg

This shows Singapore students are the smartest in the world.

Swedish student scold people in the UN and what does she get? Nothing.

HK student protest on the street and what do they get? Nothing.

Singapore student? At least he get some nice photos to keep for the mammaries. 

:D

image.thumb.png.88c3ff3bb3ada753075b84dad0441cf7.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2