Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protesters-vow-to-hit-streets-illegal-march-12014166

Now its a vow....illegal march

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-china-stops-courier-shipping-black-clothing-12013712

Black clothing should cost more now i suppose.

Won't be peaceful cos its a illegal march plus with masks on and HKPF will need to disperse them. 

Haiz

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

We are making progress with the 5 core demands... 

Lam has rejected the protesters' 5 core demands: universal suffrage, an independent inquiry into police behaviour, amnesty for those charged, stop describing protesters as rioters, and the formal withdrawal of a China extradition bill.

1) withdrawal of extradition bill - done

2) stop describing protesters as rioters - done... Now we describe them as terrorists

3) amnesty for those charged - done... Just throw those caught and throw them straight to labour camp without charging. 

4) universal suffrage - already in existence.. What are they talking about?

"The concept of universal franchise, also known as general suffrage or common suffrage, consists of the right to vote of all adult citizens, regardless of wealth, income, gender, social status, race, or ethnicity, subject only to minor exceptions" 

Any adult can vote in HK... Just that the candidates are carefully curated.... Isn't it the same as our last presidential election? 

5) independent inquiry into police behaviour - akan datang... 

😂

• Haha! 7

on the other side of the world

AMDK protesters asking for independence ... what will the AMDK govt do?

9FDF2A17-BBC5-498A-9B89-E46586A6D87F.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

on the other side of the world

AMDK protesters asking for independence ... what will the AMDK govt do?

9FDF2A17-BBC5-498A-9B89-E46586A6D87F.jpeg

Because govt is democracy so these protesters are wrong

but if govt is china or enemy of west, then protesters always right

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Land taken away by CCP does leave a horrible aftertaste. Hardworking people saved up and bought the land.

Hainan is nice. Sg could do so much to improve it. Chx rice thumbs up fantastic.

Are you thinking what I am thinking regarding Hainan...coconut ah coconut.

Parlay?

I sarpork use dragon to pik chey.

At least, constructive to everybody.

The school fees pay at the cashier at the counter. Teacher no collect money but school must collect, else how to eat Chx rice?

Hainan traditional house has a central beam from a carefully selected tree.

I know my Hainan...and the story of Hai Rui, the man the King of Kings could not kill but chose to exile.

岛民心态。

Hahaha

• Praise 1

Twincharged
7 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

Land taken away by CCP does leave a horrible aftertaste. Hardworking people saved up and bought the land.

Hainan is nice. Sg could do so much to improve it. Chx rice thumbs up fantastic.

Are you thinking what I am thinking regarding Hainan...coconut ah coconut.

Parlay?

I sarpork use dragon to pik chey.

At least, constructive to everybody.

The school fees pay at the cashier at the counter. Teacher no collect money but school must collect, else how to eat Chx rice?

Hainan traditional house has a central beam from a carefully selected tree.

I know my Hainan...and the story of Hai Rui, the man the King of Kings could not kill but chose to exile.

岛民心态。

Hahaha

from what i understand, they do enbloc or reclaim also ... just like SG .... if  govt need the land to build mrt or whatever, they will reclaim the land back from the "owner".

price wise, it is not indicative.

I have read of a SG man who bought land in hainan but was reclaimed by the CN govt for a paltry sum.

then i have heard that local farmers became millionaires after the govt reclaimed the farming land from the owners.

btw, public housing there is only 65 years. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

anyway back to topic ...

Killer who sparked Hong Kong protests agrees to surrender to Taiwan

The man whose actions inadvertently triggered months of violent protests in Hong Kong told chief executive Carrie Lam in a letter on Friday (Oct 18) that he has "decided to surrender himself to Taiwan" after he is discharged from prison.

Chan Tong-kai, 20, is wanted for the murder of his pregnant girlfriend Poon Hiu-wing during a holiday in Taiwan in February last year. On Dec 3, 2018, Taiwan issued an arrest warrant for Chan.

He fled back to Hong Kong, where Taiwanese police have been unable to apprehend him because of the lack of an extradition agreement. The case triggered a proposal by the Hong Kong government to propose an extradition Bill that would have allowed the city to extradite suspects to any territory, including mainland China.

The now-scrapped Bill was met with anger and led to months of violent protests as part of a wider movement calling for more autonomy from Beijing.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Vratenza said:

We are making progress with the 5 core demands... 

1) withdrawal of extradition bill - done (NOT Done until it gets pass through LEGO)

2) stop describing protesters as rioters - done... Now we describe them as terrorists 

3) amnesty for those charged - done... Just throw those caught and throw them straight to labour camp without charging. 

4) universal suffrage - already in existence.. What are they talking about? (Universal suffrage is NOT in existence, the CE is selected by a "privilege group". The current CE, unfortunately, is not elected through the votes of every citizens.

"The concept of universal franchise, also known as general suffrage or common suffrage, consists of the right to vote of all adult citizens, regardless of wealth, income, gender, social status, race, or ethnicity, subject only to minor exceptions" 

Any adult can vote in HK... Just that the candidates are carefully curated.... Isn't it the same as our last presidential election? 

5) independent inquiry into police behaviour - akan datang... 

😂

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

anyway back to topic ...

The man whose actions inadvertently triggered months of violent protests in Hong Kong told chief executive Carrie Lam in a letter on Friday (Oct 18) that he has "decided to surrender himself to Taiwan" after he is discharged from prison.

Chan Tong-kai, 20, is wanted for the murder of his pregnant girlfriend Poon Hiu-wing during a holiday in Taiwan in February last year. On Dec 3, 2018, Taiwan issued an arrest warrant for Chan.

He fled back to Hong Kong, where Taiwanese police have been unable to apprehend him because of the lack of an extradition agreement. The case triggered a proposal by the Hong Kong government to propose an extradition Bill that would have allowed the city to extradite suspects to any territory, including mainland China.

The now-scrapped Bill was met with anger and led to months of violent protests as part of a wider movement calling for more autonomy from Beijing.

I wouldn't be surprise if a deal had been reached, win win win (Taiwan, HK and murder).

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

anyway back to topic ...

Better run...winter coming...ccp likes to flip the book backward after autumn one 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

anyway back to topic ...

I read from another news source that the offer to surrender is not as straight forward as painted by CNA.

The surrender is conditional upon which Taiwan authorities have to agree not to mete out the death penalty to the killer. 

The way I read it is that if Taiwan authorities is to go by the books and not give in to any of the condition, this killer can just say he decided not to surrender himself anymore. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

I read from another news source that the offer to surrender is not as straight forward as painted by CNA.

The surrender is conditional upon which Taiwan authorities have to agree not to mete out the death penalty to the killer. 

The way I read it is that if Taiwan authorities is to go by the books and not give in to any of the condition, this killer can just say he decided not to surrender himself anymore. 

Conditions can be expected... No one is so dumb to go look for death... Unlike our pmd users. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

See lah HK people spread their fight for independence and people in Spain also copy.

:D

image.png.3fa30326c23abb560c48883ab48f18cc.png

image.png.ecb3e837e1f87f0511c5475ec6572c54.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

I blame England for teaching Hong Kong to go for independence.

If it was wasn't for Brexit Hong Kong wouldn't be asking for

HONG GONE.

:D

1.png

• Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

image.png.d5bfba1ff8429f8f58bccda112cfb25a.png

They need a catchy catch phase like BREXIT.

I suggest for Catalonia 

Cat Escape Liao

Or Barcelona become

Basque Alone Now

image.png.83351ce8f94bd2c3b8fdf269d8a8baf7.png

Sure look like a packaging for popcorns 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

Taiwan won't mete out death sentence for him, they dun even mete out death sentence to cold blood murderer who chopped people into pieces cos they think the killers can be re-educated.

As for this HK guy the more they won't so to please the HK pro-democrate alliance/supporters.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1