Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

31 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Not sure... but now look like more than 50 multinationals are moving out..even Chinese multinational electronics company TCL is moving to Vietnam.. also somehow China existing technology seems like more advance than here already..2cents...also maybe some cybersecurity risks

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/06/trade-war-taiwan-japanese-companies-moving-home-due-to-us-tariffs.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/china-pledged-to-give-foreign-financial-firms-more-accesshows-that-going/2019/09/30/069d91bc-e371-11e9-b0a6-3d03721b85ef_story.html

Caution."....Some investors also worry about being unable to repatriate their money due to China’s capital controls. (The government has long kept a tight grip on money flowing in and out of the country so as to preserve the value of its currency, the yuan.)"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Not sure... but now look like more than 50 multinationals are moving out..even Chinese multinational electronics company TCL is moving to Vietnam.. also somehow China existing technology seems like more advance than here already..2cents...also maybe some cybersecurity risks

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/06/trade-war-taiwan-japanese-companies-moving-home-due-to-us-tariffs.html

Another reason could be rising living cost and wages in china.

try to hire work permit china foreign worker, they will look down on your salary offer. They rather go japan earn higher salary or work in first tier city in china for almost the same wage as singapore offer

vietnam land and wage still dirt cheap. So easy to hire vietnamese workers nowadays. 

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
18 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

The world should condemn HK for being a bad influences to other countries. 🤣

I disagree, they just want more competition for Nobel prize for peace. Cannot let HK go unchallenged :D

• Haha! 3

9 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Business opportunities are 100x larger up north in mainland China.

Anyway with or without being targeted by the HK rapists, all the SG business will eventually retreat when HK turns into slumland.

LHL did a clever move.

I would like see what these rioters can do and who is supporting them when they need to run road. We will know who are whacking our assets. They will have to pay back some day. 

No interest in letting the Jokers be all they can be. Cry Havoc and let loose the dogs of war, ey? No no.

以德服从。

The problem with CCP is their northerner stubborn trait of lousy PR.

The important thing is the PLA is tightly controlled. No rogues such as An Lushan exists.

Edited by Datsun366

59 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

No interest in letting the Jokers be all they can be. Cry Havoc and let loose the dogs of war, ey? No no.

以德服从。

The problem with CCP is their northerner stubborn trait of lousy PR.

The important thing is the PLA is tightly controlled. No rogues such as An Lushan exists.

Ip man...A good example of successful HK movie can make Chinese Kung-fu look really good...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ip_Man_(film)👍

But Mr. Xu exposed fake martial arts masters...https://www.scmp.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/article/3011784/china-censoring-xu-xiaodong-exposing-kung-fu-frauds-and... lead to some talkings https://www.quora.com/Is-Traditional-Chinese-Kung-Fu-practical-for-fighting  "Is Traditional Chinese Kung Fu practical for fighting?"

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Business opportunities are 100x larger up north in mainland China.

Anyway with or without being targeted by the HK rapists, all the SG business will eventually retreat when HK turns into slumland.

LHL did a clever move.

I am not so sure as there are many other political ways to do to improve relationships.

I recalled pork soup and window air pollution. China is known to never forget.

After seeing, the devastation the protesters are capable of, he is just giving the protesters another target.

This without thinking how his words would put citizens and businesses at risk in Hong Kong.

If China is so important why not just denounced Taiwan's independence and save all the trouble.

This generation of leaders worries me alot, because they seem to think our founding fathers achievements and goodwill can just be transferred to them just like that. They dont realized they need to proof themselves.

• Praise 5

9 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

I am not so sure as there are many other political ways to do to improve relationships.

After seeing, the devastation the protesters are capable of, he is just giving the protesters another target.

This without thinking how his words would put citizens and businesses at risk in Hong Kong.

If China is so important why not just denounced Taiwan's independence and save all the trouble.

This generation of leaders worries me alot, because they seem to think our founding fathers achievements and goodwill can just be transferred to them just like that. They dont realized they need to proof themselves.

Must be happy for their success👍.. but if no, then take responsibility lor...🤣

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackzenger/2015/07/16/taking-responsibility-is-the-highest-mark-of-great-leaders/#21d009d548f2

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Why Forbes never ask LBW to speak leh..  Lagi best...

8e3TGdQ.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3033710/former-hong-kong-leader-leung-chun-ying-slams-chinese

Leung Chun-ying slams Rocky Tuan for drafting open letter agreeing to condemn police for ‘any proven case’ of brutality ‘purely for his own personal relief’

Tuan had pledged to make a statement after marathon meetings with highly emotional students last week

22 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

fear for him if he walk at TST or MK shopping ... [sweatdrop] 

12CD03BE-D33C-4483-A005-B78084845903.jpeg

No worry.....He has the HK policeman and the blue to protect him,  HKers know him, famous celebrity mah. 🤣... haha...

More concern for Singaporean live in HK... extra careful.... Stay away from messy areas best possible...😐 Take good care...

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 2

so funny that everybody start to think the black shirt/rioters are now ruling HK 😂 say something also must scare this scare that.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Hey Gun lo (cantonese)

11.30 read the underlying meaning in his response.

KMT would have been better managed for a healed China then a festering wound.

This call Kung fu.

亮瞎狗眼 for me.

36 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3033710/former-hong-kong-leader-leung-chun-ying-slams-chinese

Leung Chun-ying slams Rocky Tuan for drafting open letter agreeing to condemn police for ‘any proven case’ of brutality ‘purely for his own personal relief’

Tuan had pledged to make a statement after marathon meetings with highly emotional students last week

If there are "proven case" of police brutality... there can no response other than condemnation right? Only in Tian Ann Men is such things completely erased form history...

Leung is only making things worse and highlighting/widening  the cultural divide instead of trying to heal.

There are so many ways for him  to have  responded as a statesman...😔

• Praise 1

Our leader will not purposely go make a statement.... but if they were ask to comment, u can't expect him to say not my daichi,  don't sabo me... 

We make our stand clear and in this instance, what he say make sense... the demand from the protester won't help solve the underlying problems... LHL is telling them u all cockster demand the wrong things already... 😷

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Nlatio said:

Our leader will not purposely go make a statement.... but if they were ask to comment, u can't expect him to say not my daichi,  don't sabo me... 

We make our stand clear and in this instance, what he say make sense... the demand from the protester won't help solve the underlying problems... LHL is telling them u all cockster demand the wrong things already... 😷

He is merely stating facts. As asian, we need to be seen as united. HK rioters, no worries. Even if it truely 2 millions, 5hey will be drowned by the billions. Make sure they know and are planning where to run soon.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3