Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

45 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

They don't need a LKY. A LKY is not cure all. It's got to be right time right place right situation. 

They just need to wake up their f.... king idea!

they need to realize they are Pekingese dog.

no matter what they do, they wont transform into bulldog🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

14 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

HK mocked sg govt system? 😮

Singapore has always given people the impression of a very progressive, modern and efficient city,” “They have a democratic election, there is no corruption, they place importance on a diverse city, and they have affordable housing – these are all qualities and values that Hong Kong people like,”👍

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/community/article/2156855/why-are-hongkongers-obsessed-singapore-even-they-give

that doesn't sounds like a praise [laugh] 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

full agreed.

if LKY is to start building spore now with all the millennial and their PMDs 

do you think LKY can solve all problems?

Now, even want to ban Chewing Gum also will have problem... Just look at the half f*** PMD ban on walking paths.... 😁

2 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Some are very well edited videos indeed. A pity, China disallows it's people to enjoy these beautiful and amazing videos, giving mainly outsiders to enjoy... 😊  

The videos are available freely in China under the 2 platform i mentioned earlier - 西瓜视频 and 今日头条 lah. Youtube get the videos few days after.

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

They don't need a LKY. A LKY is not cure all. It's got to be right time right place right situation. 

They just need to wake up their f.... king idea!

What is that f king idea would be?

2 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

HK mocked sg govt system? 😮

“Singapore has always given people the impression of a very progressive, modern and efficient city,” “They have a democratic election, there is no corruption, they place importance on a diverse city, and they have affordable housing – these are all qualities and values that Hong Kong people like,”👍

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/community/article/2156855/why-are-hongkongers-obsessed-singapore-even-they-give

No freedom of protest, if they support sg govt then they eat their own words? 

Many times hongkie laugh at sg democracy. Now they themselves are the joke

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

LKY? U think hongkie will listen to LKY? They even mocked sg govt system. Only Queen appointed Governor they will love

Zhu Ronji said “如果香港搞不好,不但港府官員有責任,北京中央政府也有責任。香港回歸祖國,在我們手𥚃搞壞。我們豈不成民族罪人?不會的。”

This speech was made in 2002. After 17 years, looks like who is 民族罪人。

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

My two cents.  Cos of the media and the protests.  You need to realise Hong Kong is different in mentality.  You cant just push things through just because you have the majority.  In Singapore you can and no one protests.

Someone say hong Kong needs a lee kwan yew.   Someone who has the iron in him and not just accede to public demands.

Heck right now we can see the rioters are the minority but they are just allowed to carry on their ways and no one stops them behind some tear gas and arrests and they are let go.  What does this tell you about the workings of the Legco?

Diu! Everyone blames media.

If you want to blame media, read 文匯報and 大公報。

Avoid all English media as they are bias.

I will not say rioters are minority or majority. There are a lot of silent supporters.

In fact, I believe the rioters are supported by red money.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I have been watching the daily broadcast on youtube, but the videos are actually first released on the 西瓜视频, also on 今日头条, so that is for China subscribers。If you want, can just go to the 2 websites or download the 2 mobile apps to follow on the phones, or just watch on youtube also can though is more messy. I am not sure how they transfer the videos from the 2 original contents sites to youtube, but I know some pirates have been stealing the contents to pass under their channels on youtube, some even blatantly using same name as the original content creators. One of the affected badly is the very popular 老四赶海, happened twice already suddenly the old videos started to get posted one by one, then somebody complained to youtube and died down. 

Anyway, China seems very commercialized nowadays and open to this kind of infotainment videos. Both 西瓜视频 and 今日头条 hold annual popularity contests for subscribers to vote and give out prizes generously. Eg 西瓜视频  this year booked a whole cruise ship to host its top content creators to a all paid 5D4N cruise to nowhere this year from Shanghai to promote interaction and creativity. 今日头条 also just concluded some sort of popularity contest which I did not really follow, but a content creator shared that his channel garnered 5th prize and given 5000 rmb. He declared he is going to host a caring for elderly event in his village with the money. 

What I like about the videos are the sincerity shown by the hosts. Very therapeutic to watch them after a hard day at work, thinking how good if can retire at these places haha.

Ok I share a video I am watching now. This lady speaks normal mandarin aka 普通话 which is the language for almost all the videos. Some has dialect accent but certain region like where this lady come  from is almost same as ours. In this video she was going to Canton West region to meet local farmers to discuss products to sell on her online portal. The whole environment is really open and easy for locals like her just to do online sales. Can see how developed is their speed train system and comfort level.

I always cycled in Beijing mountain. I had seen how bad the condition could be especially during winter.

Can city ppl can stand that kind of simplicity?

6 potties toilet without partition wall.

It is undeniable that it looks beautiful on videos.

• Praise 2

41 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

No freedom of protest, if they support sg govt then they eat their own words? 

Many times hongkie laugh at sg democracy. Now they themselves are the joke

10 Ways To Build Confidence.😂

Be Fearless , don't Care What Others Think lor... 👍

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francesbridges/2017/07/21/10-ways-to-build-confidence/#4a9ffcb53c59

4 hours ago, Davidtch said:

I always cycled in Beijing mountain. I had seen how bad the condition could be especially during winter.

Can city ppl can stand that kind of simplicity?

6 potties toilet without partition wall.

It is undeniable that it looks beautiful on videos.

The videos I watching are perhaps more of the average or above average households. They live in 3 or 4 storey houses although with squatting toilets commonly even if newly built.

But I did not see the 6 potties toilet without partition that you mentioned. I not sure if you are comparing to the poor people there, which is not my point at all. There will always be poor people, we have our share. With cold winter there, things definitely will be worse. Important is that most of the population are taken care of.

My P5 girl just went on an exchange program to HangZhou. She told me many of the school parents drive expensive conti cars, and the condo that her host stay comes with western type toilet and very well furnished comparable to our standard. And while there, she was treated to good food from different restaurants everyday. Similar for her classmates who went on that trip. My belief is that you will do ok if you work hard. Funny this line was just repeated by a female blogger when she introduced a new house belonging to her good friend. The house is of 3 storey with external block for kitchen and very big yard that the owner rear chicken and ducks also to grow vegetable. She said typical couple if working hard with some saving, can definitely afford to buy this type of new house. So I would say not only the houses look beautiful, but is a dream achievable if the people work hard enough, instead of like in hk where the pigeon hole properties are out of reach regardless.

wah ... like that hk triads can go taiwan do big business and return to hk on the same day

same goes with taiwan triads ... 

hk can “outsource” clean up ops to taiwan triads ... vice versa ... 

huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

Singapore Police Force facebook kena threatened by tiongs and pro-tiong hongkies due to the arrest of 华记 cafe boss 杨官华 in singapore!

QZu0Oh0.png

https://hk.news.appledaily.com/local/realtime/article/20191105/60232027

• Haha! 1

Singapore also go people living in more than 10,000 sq ft bungalow with 7-8 rooms but also those in less than 500 sq ft rented flat with extended family. China has more than 1.2 billion people, to think all live in primitive shared non partitioned toilet mean you must have not been there a long time. Someone said this and I fully agree. You simply cannot compare china with just another country. China itself is bigger and more complex than europe. Can european countries all the same? Then there are people keeps comparing Singapore.  Yes as a tiny dot we did well. But let's be realistic.  We are just that dot. Same application on bigger than that dot may not work at all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2