Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

7 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

OIC.  Not in power => useless word.

Does it make sense to you?

Maybe you should sent your kid to study at PKU or Tsinghua.

You are guilty of what you accusing people. Did I say that? Please read my words carefully with a calm mind.

If you want to win any argument, as obvious you want,, please put your points clearly across. Do not spew a quote and expect people to know what you want to say. You are the one who has so much faith in that quote, then please show us the basis of your confidence. 

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

You are guilty of what you accusing people. Did I say that? Please read my words carefully with a calm mind.

If you want to win any argument, as obvious you want,, please put your points clearly across. Do not spew a quote and expect people to know what you want to say. You are the one who has so much faith in that quote, then please show us the basis of your confidence. 

No point in winning in any argument in this thread as i am THE minority here.

I thought i have put my message very clearly and bluntly unless you have problem reading Mandarin.

19 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

frankly speaking , from start of the thread till now, i still dun know what exactly is his stand or what he want to say .

we talk apple he talk orange, then quote this n that, ask u read this read that .

what exactly is his own stand or view?? who is right who is wrong, he still cannot make up his mind🤷‍♂️

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Beregond said:

frankly speaking , from start of the thread till now, i still dun know what exactly is his stand or what he want to say .

we talk apple he talk orange, then quote this n that, ask u read this read that .

what exactly is his own stand or view?? who is right who is wrong, he still cannot make up his mind🤷‍♂️

Maybe you should read through all my post here.

😂

Political problem requires political solution.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

He has made 4 points that i remembered :

1. CL dun know where to buy toilet paper 

2. The whole saga started with CL because she was eager to please her ccp bosses

3. It is a political problem to be solved politically meaning economic packages will not work to appease the HKers. 

4. Police brutality caused more violence and HKPF no got follow SOP. 

I agreed somewhat with points 1 and 2. Point 3 i feel may yield some grounds or at least solve housing shortages for some HKers with terribly long necks by now. I was hoping HKers are as pragmatic as their TVB dramas.

Point 4 i totally disagree cos i feel those policemen are really much much much more patient or not brutal in their methods. A case in point where a live gunshot was fired, in my opinion, was necessary to save a colleague beaten to the ground and the policeman himself in real danger to his own life. SOPs that does not have an overriding one to supersede all others in event of self defence is rubbish 😅😂

All other times when he quoted or ask me to refer here there to his posts i was ready to give him a knock on his head. Because quotes can be interpreted according to one's personal twist or warped reasoning.

My mind no like twists n hates to guess what's really meant. That's just me.

There are layers of theories and guesstimate based on history and patterns there of. Meaning ccp mentality no change. They never forget and they never forgive.

So to have them in real power, alot of countries may become ingredients in a big pot of stews in a matter of time. I think he is neutral but some days, he prefers the angmos more😂😂🤪

Just yada-ing. HK and HKers, pls whack China for more economic benefits. Democracy not happening cos their mindset frozen in time and history. HK is theirs. Period.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

Maybe you should read through all my post here.

😂

Political problem requires political solution.

Actually I start to think differently.  It was a political problem which should be solved with a political solution.  But as the violence unfolds, it stops being a political problem but a law enforcement problem.

Like one person out for a fight with another.  As long as they are staring at each other and maybe screaming DLLM, it is a political problem where peace keepers can try to keep the peace.  No need to overreact.  Sit down, drink coffee and talk it out. 

BUT if one side throws a punch, the time for talking is over.  The one being punched has to self defend.  Or end up seriously injured or dead.

Right now in Hong Kong the time for talk is long over.  Unfortunately, because of constraints real or imagined, the Hong Kong govt still think it's still time to talk.

• Praise 2

Just now, Thaiyotakamli said:

Then why u ask no news mentioned in here? Its common thing why should it be a news and even worth mentioning here?

What is uncommon is:

1. Timing of release of press release (post midnight).

2. CL is 高度信任

CY is 充分信任

24 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Actually I start to think differently.  It was a political problem which should be solved with a political solution.  But as the violence unfolds, it stops being a political problem but a law enforcement problem.

Like one person out for a fight with another.  As long as they are staring at each other and maybe screaming DLLM, it is a political problem where peace keepers can try to keep the peace.  No need to overreact.  Sit down, drink coffee and talk it out. 

BUT if one side throws a punch, the time for talking is over.  The one being punched has to self defend.  Or end up seriously injured or dead.

Right now in Hong Kong the time for talk is long over.  Unfortunately, because of constraints real or imagined, the Hong Kong govt still think it's still time to talk.

Since June, there is no effort to resolve it politically.  HKPF was the tool to make ppl conform.  Does all the tear gas and rubber bullet lead to anyway?  It leads to vicious cycle of violence from both side.

Crux of the problem is mutual distrust especially XJP don't even trust PRC.

Look at what happens to 陳同佳.  He still not brought to justice YET.

Will this appease ppl?

https://fortuneinsight.com/web/posts/457212

【共享榮耀】林鄭宣佈港人買樓享內地居民待遇,內地網民憤憤不平:「會哭的孩子有奶吃」。

目前港人要在大灣區的內地城市購買物業,需要符合購買社保、居住在內地等條方能置業,在新措施生效後,港人可與內地居民享有同等待遇,以便利港人在內地讀書、就業,及退休後移至內地生活。然而,新措施惹內地網民爭議,指香港不斷抗爭反有更多福利,「會哭的孩子有奶吃」,內地人受「不公平對待」。

Edited by Davidtch

Owner Wong Lee-lee, 37, a widow and single mother of two, says she has paid the price for supporting the police and being branded “blue-ribbon”.

On June 30, she took her sons, aged seven and 10, to a pro-police rally at Tamar Park in Admiralty, and posted a photo on Facebook showing them holding a poster that read: “Sir, madam, we support you”.

“The work of the police is hard and tough, and we should support them,” Ms Wong says. “As a citizen and a business owner, I hope for society to be peaceful and harmonious.”

Her post was circulated on social media sites and the abuse came flooding in, she says, with people calling her “unscrupulous” and urging others to boycott her shop.

She was harassed by some people who made repeated complaints about her restaurant to different government departments, including the Department of Health and the Fire Services Department, although the complaints were unsubstantiated. One day, she found blue liquid splashed on her restaurant’s front gate.

Ms Wong’s husband died from heart disease six years ago, and she opened the restaurant three years ago to support her family.

She says her business has dropped by 40 per cent since June, and she has had to fork out HK$10,000 to HK$20,000 every month since then to cover her operation costs.

Ms Wong says she does not regret speaking out.

“An inclusive society should have different opinions. They can disagree with me, but they should not attack me or my business just because I hold different views,” she says. “I have never thought that simply voicing my personal opinion would have such a big impact on my life.”

She says she appreciates those who continue to support her.

Tai Po resident Jeff Chan, 66, who has frequented Ms Wong’s restaurant since June, says: “I never visited it before because there were always so many people queueing, but suddenly there were fewer people, so I went in and found its food is good.”

He does not let politics affect his choice of where to have a meal.

“Political views and demands should not affect people’s livelihood, especially grass-roots citizens,” he says. “To me, it is meaningless and blind to divide businesses into the so-called ‘yellow-ribbon’ or ‘blue-ribbon’.”
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/world/hong-kong-yellow-sticky-notes-outside-lung-mun-cafe-hung-hom-say-blue-ribbons-stay-away-team

• Praise 3

hk society is so polarized now 

nothing gonna help them

except “major” shift happen

that could reconcile the people [sweatdrop]

yellow vs blue ...

if you are not with us, you are against us ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

I think the saga is enough. Too much attention given to a group of 'rubbish'. The best for them is everyone ignore them and let them self destruct. They will have to come to term and move on. We just have to ensure the rubbish don't float over here.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Beregond said:

His stand is simple.

China or CCP always wrong.

He support anyone who is against them.

• Haha! 3

12 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Since June, there is no effort to resolve it politically.  HKPF was the tool to make ppl conform.  Does all the tear gas and rubber bullet lead to anyway?  It leads to vicious cycle of violence from both side.

Crux of the problem is mutual distrust especially XJP don't even trust PRC.

Look at what happens to 陳同佳.  He still not brought to justice YET.

Actually it is obvious the tear gas and rubber bullets are not leading to anything, especially the later if they are not aimed at the rioters. If real bullets had been used in the beginning, as is standard in western countries, then we will not be seeing what we see now. The rioters know that the hkpf's hands are tied so they are emboldened to escalate their violence as no consequence  what. They know even if caught, can always bank on the judges to be sympathetic and lenient to them. A good example is spoilt brats at home knowing their daddy mummy will not cane them only just scold them, you think they will guai guai do homework or study? It is one thing to be fuelled by anger due to bad social condition, it is another to die for it. With real gun loaded with real bullets pointing at you, the natural instinct is to duck for self-preservation.

If only hkpf had been allowed to use the necessary resource, and not the half-bake measures imposed by the circumstances as is. It has a job to do, and it should not even trying to use appropriate level of force. 杀一儆百 means you have to be aggressive and quick in order to scare the rest to retreat. If it need do it gently with so much consideration, how to do it you tell me? You want hkpf to be a even bigger international joke than now?

• Praise 3