Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

Actually it is obvious the tear gas and rubber bullets are not leading to anything, especially the later if they are not aimed at the rioters. If real bullets had been used in the beginning, as is standard in western countries, then we will not be seeing what we see now. The rioters know that the hkpf's hands are tied so they are emboldened to escalate their violence as no consequence  what. They know even if caught, can always bank on the judges to be sympathetic and lenient to them. A good example is spoilt brats at home knowing their daddy mummy will not cane them only just scold them, you think they will guai guai do homework or study? It is one thing to be fuelled by anger due to bad social condition, it is another to die for it. With real gun loaded with real bullets pointing at you, the natural instinct is to duck for self-preservation.

If only hkpf had been allowed to use the necessary resource, and not the half-bake measures imposed by the circumstances as is. It has a job to do, and it should not even trying to use appropriate level of force. 杀一儆百 means you have to be aggressive and quick in order to scare the rest to retreat. If it need do it gently with so much consideration, how to do it you tell me? You want hkpf to be a even bigger international joke than now?

I read this thread with a very heavy heart.

Some here, goes to the extend in defending those in foreign land to the point where may generate hate upon themselves.

Some here, find all form of excuse for actions taken by either party and justify them

etc

In your own country, why are these individuals so silent like a church mouse.

It time to grow some balls for yours and your children future.

Remember: we are always for you and with you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-student-who-fell-during-weekend-protests-dies-hospital-authorities

A casualty.

New rounds of protests soon.

Dun see an end till fatigue or common sense sets in, which may take awhile more.

If u planning on going to HK, do stay away from hot spots. Not Wi-Fi type. The type where lots of tear gases released, blue water and a "game" of hide n seek machiam playing police n thief. 

Safe ride

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-student-who-fell-during-weekend-protests-dies-hospital-authorities

A casualty.

New rounds of protests soon.

Dun see an end till fatigue or common sense sets in, which may take awhile more.

If u planning on going to HK, do stay away from hot spots. Not Wi-Fi type. The type where lots of tear gases released, blue water and a "game" of hide n seek machiam playing police n thief. 

Safe ride

Cheers 

Will have one more demand

those who going to hk better avoid 

4 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Actually it is obvious the tear gas and rubber bullets are not leading to anything, especially the later if they are not aimed at the rioters. If real bullets had been used in the beginning, as is standard in western countries, then we will not be seeing what we see now. The rioters know that the hkpf's hands are tied so they are emboldened to escalate their violence as no consequence  what. They know even if caught, can always bank on the judges to be sympathetic and lenient to them. A good example is spoilt brats at home knowing their daddy mummy will not cane them only just scold them, you think they will guai guai do homework or study? It is one thing to be fuelled by anger due to bad social condition, it is another to die for it. With real gun loaded with real bullets pointing at you, the natural instinct is to duck for self-preservation.

If only hkpf had been allowed to use the necessary resource, and not the half-bake measures imposed by the circumstances as is. It has a job to do, and it should not even trying to use appropriate level of force. 杀一儆百 means you have to be aggressive and quick in order to scare the rest to retreat. If it need do it gently with so much consideration, how to do it you tell me? You want hkpf to be a even bigger international joke than now?

Strongly disagree with your point on the use of real bullet.

Look at those AMDK example you guys raised previously. It just lead to ppl don't trust the police.  This is especially prevalent in Black American.

With breakdown in trust btw community and HKPF, is it necessary to deepen the rift?

I shall re-emphasize that political problem requires political solution.

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Look at those AMDK example you guys raised previously. It just lead to ppl don't trust the police.  This is especially prevalent in Black American.

With breakdown in trust btw community and HKPF, is it necessary to deepen the rift? 

So you think the rioters are trusting the hkpf as it is now? I rather hkpf put law and order back first, then build the trust slowly. Anyway it is not that hkpf is rogue and will do bad things to hk citizens so what is there to worry about trust? If  a place is in chaos like hk now, how to move on? If officer having wedding celebration rioters also want to disturb then what nonsense is it? As I said many time, this just 下三滥的手段, 明的不能赢就来暗的。 Just like in Cologne where the rioters cannot win argument will just proceed to try to drown out the voice of China lady.  Zero respect.

• Haha! 2

35 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

May I ask you kindly request the rioters to stop using REAL Molotov petrol Bombs, Modified Weaponized Umbrella and Walking Sticks, etc?

Can you also ask them to stop causing citizens to BLEED REAL Blood from their violent rage?

Can you ensure that rioters use Water Bomb and NOT Petrol bomb thrown and hit the off-duty police that lighted him up in Yuen Long?

Many retail shops appreciate if you may advice the rioters to use sponge hammer / axe / crowbars when they hit the glass windows / furniture / TV Monitors / Computers?

BTW in some countries, just stepping on a National Flag, less throwing into a dustbin or into the sea, would be SHOT with REAL bullets on the spot without question asked.

When your voice and demands are heard BUT not compiled to, in your demand for democracy, warrants escalating your voice and demands to violence. 

What is there to talk about trust? The few hundred thousands or give you 2 million don't trust the police BUT what about the other 5 - 6 million of the population who do trust the police still? The latter don't count is it?

Who charged into LEGO building and destroy almost everything? The police did nothing to provoke this. Rioters had NO respect for the law in the country. Honestly, the police does not need and do not want these rioters respect.

You are absolutely RIGHT, political problem requires political solution. Then rioters create violence with severe injuries to public and destruction of public properties, you expect the police to use Nerf gun and Lego Water cannon or Mattel superhero sponge batons.

Bro, I understand your trend of thoughts, I really sympathized with the protestors (NOT RIOTERS), unless they stop their violent ways and escalating in severity over the weeks, a point will be reached when society cannot tolerate anymore. 

If the police ever use REAL BULLETS, don't blame the police, the rioters are literally asking for it.

Since you will disagree with what I wrote, I challenge you, TODAY, run into a Singapore police station with a real looking BUT plastic gun or knife, I am very sure, you will not be posting in MCF anymore.

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

So you think the rioters are trusting the hkpf as it is now? I rather hkpf put law and order back first, then build the trust slowly. Anyway it is not that hkpf is rogue and will do bad things to hk citizens so what is there to worry about trust? If  a place is in chaos like hk now, how to move on? If officer having wedding celebration rioters also want to disturb then what nonsense is it? As I said many time, this just 下三滥的手段, 明的不能赢就来暗的。 Just like in Cologne where the rioters cannot win argument will just proceed to try to drown out the voice of China lady.  Zero respect.

It takes HKPF to built its reputation from a corrupted force to professional force.  How long will it takes to build trust after law and order is restored?

As a famous commentator said, there is no communication btw govt and ppl.  To stop all these nonsense, start communicating.  

The most successful communication i had seen so far is done by 段崇智.  Students against him was turned into students supporting him.  Unfortunately, these are the ppl CCP don't want.

30 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

May I ask you kindly request the rioters to stop using REAL Molotov petrol Bombs, Modified Weaponized Umbrella and Walking Sticks, etc?

Can you also ask them to stop causing citizens to BLEED REAL Blood from their violent rage?

Can you ensure that rioters use Water Bomb and NOT Petrol bomb thrown and hit the off-duty police that lighted him up in Yuen Long?

Many retail shops appreciate if you may advice the rioters to use sponge hammer / axe / crowbars when they hit the glass windows / furniture / TV Monitors / Computers?

BTW in some countries, just stepping on a National Flag, less throwing into a dustbin or into the sea, would be SHOT with REAL bullets on the spot without question asked.

When your voice and demands are heard BUT not compiled to, in your demand for democracy, warrants escalating your voice and demands to violence. 

What is there to talk about trust? The few hundred thousands or give you 2 million don't trust the police BUT what about the other 5 - 6 million of the population who do trust the police still? The latter don't count is it?

Who charged into LEGO building and destroy almost everything? The police did nothing to provoke this. Rioters had NO respect for the law in the country. Honestly, the police does not need and do not want these rioters respect.

You are absolutely RIGHT, political problem requires political solution. Then rioters create violence with severe injuries to public and destruction of public properties, you expect the police to use Nerf gun and Lego Water cannon or Mattel superhero sponge batons.

Bro, I understand your trend of thoughts, I really sympathized with the protestors (NOT RIOTERS), unless they stop their violent ways and escalating in severity over the weeks, a point will be reached when society cannot tolerate anymore. 

If the police ever use REAL BULLETS, don't blame the police, the rioters are literally asking for it.

Since you will disagree with what I wrote, I challenge you, TODAY, run into a Singapore police station with a real looking BUT plastic gun or knife, I am very sure, you will not be posting in MCF anymore.

win liao loh, 

best of the year, do no use bullet against terrorist who throw petrol bomb and use roadside bomb/explosive.

tell that to the US army , see their reaction🤣

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

So whats ur political solution? 

disband hkpf, change with black roach knight and remove carrie lam and install joshua as hk CE? 

Then ask china to let go hk, let hk do vote whether they want separation and don’t forget ask china govt to thank rioters for ending their riot? 

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

So whats ur political solution? 

disband hkpf, change with black roach knight and remove carrie lam and install joshua as hk CE? 

Then ask china to let go hk, let hk do vote whether they want separation and don’t forget ask china govt to thank rioters for ending their riot? 

Do what was promised under Basic Law

Looks like I picked a bad week to head to HK, heading there Monday morning.

With the lack of trust in HKPF the only sensible solution is to bring in the PLA and position a guard on every other street corner, MTR platform and concourse, government building and place of importance.

The police can then go about restoring trust and their normal duties whilst a fully independent Truth & Reconciliation Commission, similar to that set up in S. Africa after Apartheid, can go some ways to getting HK put back together again for the long term. Only a calmed environment will allow the place to get some time and space for restoration and enforcing calm (counter intuitive, I know) or at least space, is the only way I think it can work.

Edited by bsswan
  • Praise 1

I am all for the protests to continue and let HK rot. It's good for Sg. 

And when all dust settles, maybe HK will be as cheap as Bolehland to visit. So look on the bright side! 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

i agree with her point, i agree with her history

but ... "has always belonged" does not mean "forever belonged" .... right?

country/state fighting for independence means they want to get out and be independent

the problem is how to achieve this amicably?

hk has to accept and "love" the mother or "hate" the mother

even in real life ... son and daughter can disown their real parent, isn't it?

similarly, taiwan belong or not belong to china? [sly] ... dont flame me .... [sweatdrop]

just saying ...

Untitled.png

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

country/state fighting for independence means they want to get out and be independent

similarly, taiwan belong or not belong to china? [sly] ... dont flame me .... [sweatdrop]

just saying ...

Untitled.png

Even son daughter disown parent but they are still parent and children. Its a hard truth, u don’t like ur mother but shes still ur mother

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

just saying ...

Untitled.png

HK can't survive without China. Has been like that and always will be like that. It doesn't even have enough water, and veggie, and pork and poultry, before we mention about businesses that depend on China.

China doesn't even have to send in PLA, just cut off the border/water, like Yamashita.  We know how that ended.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

HK can't survive without China. Has been like that and always will be like that. It doesn't even have enough water, and veggie, and pork and poultry, before we mention about businesses that depends on China.

China doesn't even have to send in PLA, just cut off the border/water, like Yamashita.  We know how that ended.

China has pork shortage now.