Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

38 minutes ago, Wishcumsback said:

I happened to catch in action on a HK-based Youtube channel live stream this afternoon.

At 1st I cannot believe what I was watching as the men look very different from HK police or any law enforcer - crew-cut hair, fitter looking and dressed in PT kids while all carrying the same red buckets.

Their "area cleaning" duty is definitely faster than what I did during my NS days !

😂.. the great future of singapore now lies in your hands, so please always remember your National Pledge.👍

"“We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society.... "

My very best wishes to you.....😁

Edited by Odyssey2011
↡ Advertisement

Happy to see HK citizens finally stepping out to support each other and generate some much needed positive energy. And what a joke to see the ccb cockroaches throwing petrol bombs at the very ppl who they claim to be fighting for. 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 6

19 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

😂.. the great future of singapore now lies in your hands, so please always remember your National Pledge.👍

"“We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society.... "

My very best wishes to you.....😁

A pledge remains a pledge in words, not action nor given.

We have many examples of "democracies" in Asia - from the Philippines to India...with more words than action or result.

So, tell me if citizens from these countries love their type of "democratic society" ?

Edited by Wishcumsback
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wishcumsback said:

I happened to catch in action on a HK-based Youtube channel live stream this afternoon.

At 1st I cannot believe what I was watching as the men look very different from HK police or any law enforcer - crew-cut hair, fitter looking and dressed in PT kids while all carrying the same red buckets.

But when they move in to clear the street of rocks, bricks, trash and barriers left behind by the protesters..none of them spoke a word nor was their any shouting or chatter between them - Military-style discipline.

Then it dawn on me that this men in PT-kits are  from PLA units based in the  SAR garrison base nearby.

Their "area cleaning" duty is definitely faster than what I did during my NS days !

I wonder what will happen if the black cockroaches meet up with the PLA troops on the street while they are clearing their mess.....

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Ender said:

But SDU is called 飛虎隊 wor. Check the Wikipedia link I posted. 

Now the elite anti riot unit from prison also call 飛虎隊. 

Confuse man. 

Those area cleaning dudes were not from飞虎队 but 非唬队...they were there to show a clear signal and warning...they mean business...

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

In that 2015 article,  the country "Philippines" appeared twice, "Japan"  10 times "India" 24 times..."China" 64...

Based on that report you had linked, one can say SG's next 50 years prospect in Asia has little to do with "democracy".

No ?

19 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

I wonder what will happen if the black cockroaches meet up with the PLA troops on the street while they are clearing their mess.....

Nothing that a few bullets can't solve. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the roaches were not so dumb. 

9 minutes ago, Wishcumsback said:

In that 2015 article,  the country "Philippines" appeared twice, "Japan"  10 times "India" 24 times..."China" 64...

Based on that report you had linked, one can say SG's next 50 years prospect in Asia has little to do with "democracy".

No ?

Attracting and retaining the right talent are important. Take care...good luck..

Edited by Odyssey2011

2 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Attracting and retaining the right talent are important. Take care...good luck..

Retaining "Talents"?  Geezz...then why are the Indian IT professionals fleeing democratic India?

hmmm..that is another topic liao. HA!

Within 24 hours, democratic party politicians in HK have logged complain to the SAR gov demanding why PLA troops are allowed on HK public area since there is "no natural disaster".... Nice.

https://hk.news.yahoo.com/民主派譴責駐港解放軍擅離軍營-促政府詳細解釋-124042926.html

民主派譴責駐港解放軍擅離軍營 促政府詳細解釋

一批解放軍駐港部隊人員下午在浸大對開聯福道協助清理路障。民主派立法會議員強烈譴責駐港解放軍擅離軍營,質疑違反基本法和駐軍法,要求特區政府交代是否已根據駐軍法,向中央政府請求駐軍協助維持社會治安和救災。

民主派議員質疑,今次事件不是自然災害,完全屬本地事務,特區政府與駐港解放軍無視基本法及駐軍法的限制,意圖令市民習慣解放軍和漸漸合理化解放軍行動,溫水煮蛙。

Edited by Wishcumsback

On 11/14/2019 at 11:04 PM, Wishcumsback said:

The  education and awareness gap between China and HK are clearly reflected by both young ladies.

One struggled to articulate her rational behind her belief in the comfort of a studio environment while another put across her standing with clarity against a group of opponents on the street.

Need we say more ?

Not quite a fair comparison though. These ATB who are overseas in western countries generally the upper class, well-to-do, well-educated types. They can have free thoughts and opinions about system that does not really affect their lives as they are overseas. I ask my ATB working here what she thinks about the turmoil in HK, she only care about whether the exchange rate RMB vs SGD is gonna be going up or down because of world events [laugh] 

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Those area cleaning dudes were not from飞虎队 but 非唬队...they were there to show a clear signal and warning...they mean business...

Better for the PLA troops to show up with brooms and buckets than in helmet and loaded rifles.

Jokes going around in Weibo saying that unit kenna arrow to do area cleaning outside their barrack because their basketball team lost a tournament this morning.:a-t9412:

https://www.weibo.com/1112928761/IgvQAB4Ve?type=comment#_rnd1573913785155

...事情其实是这样的:
原西部战区雪枫特战旅特战八连,在周末篮球比赛中未能取胜,按部队传统清扫营区马路。

76909371_2623083304443940_12330749401990

Edited by Wishcumsback
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Wishcumsback said:

Better for the PLA troops to show up with brooms and buckets than in helmet and loaded rifles.

Jokes going around in Weibo saying that unit kenna arrow to do area cleaning outside their barrack because their basketball team lost a tournament this morning.:a-t9412:

https://www.weibo.com/1112928761/IgvQAB4Ve?type=comment#_rnd1573913785155

76909371_2623083304443940_12330749401990

Hahaha. Who says Xi dada no humor....soft padding first then feel the thunder if boh hiu him...

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Wishcumsback said:

But when they move in to clear the street of rocks, bricks, trash and barriers left behind by the protesters..none of them spoke a word nor was their any shouting or chatter between them - Military-style discipline.

Then it dawn on me that this men in PT-kits are  from PLA units based in the  SAR garrison base nearby.

How come Hong Kong ISIS didn't come and terrorise these PLA for cleaning up the streets?  But when Auntie and uncle tried to clean up the streets they throw brick at their elders, and killing a 70 years old in the process.

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Hahaha. Who says Xi dada no humor....soft padding first then feel the thunder if boh hiu him...

Yeah, this is to tell the black cockroaches "hello, just a friendly reminder, in case you forgot we are here...."

The PLA's no nonsense, highly regimental actions... Even in PT kits, shows the black cockroaches what professional soldiers are all about.

Even If they are not afraid of the "police-brutality HKPF", how about a taste of the military-brutality PLA? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3