Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

1 hour ago, Wishcumsback said:

What do you mean by "the right thing to do" ?

Do tell.

July to August and maybe sept.  Declare that the HKPF has the right to use deadly force to disperse riots.  Any illegal protests where participants refused to disperse after the police told them to will be regarded as a riot and treated accordingly. 

Oct onwards, instead of a mask ban, declare a state of emergency and a curfew.  The problem is that this will also mean the economy will be thrashed but from what I understand, the situation in Hong Kong is not much better now anyway.

I can foresee some legal challenges by the legal department or judiciary.  But IMHO as long as Carrrie has the support of China in her acts, she'll be fine.  Of cos if China said no curfew or something then it sucks to be her.

I think at this stage, a state of emergency must be declared and curfew imposed.  I am not sure but it seems the judiciary is blind to what the protestors are doing at the moment which is almost unbelievable.  Could the judiciary be suspended as well?  I am trying to imagine what Roosevelt would have done if after Pearl Harbor attacks the congress refused to declare war and the vocal population still demanded peace.  Tldr, it seems the situation is unbelievable to the point of comical if it were not tragic.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

Take out 1 major and most polluted, i mean populated one.

The rest will follow. Choice of uni and poly locations not a coincidence then.

I did not see the link and importance till bro Vratenza pointed out.

Just yada ing but what if they occupied the hospitals instead?  Hospitals tend to be near major roads (though maybe not as strategic) but they will have more support if the hospital staff were also protestors or support the protests plus occupying the hospital will put even more pressure on the govt plus the police cant throw tear gas in......

I hope hospitals have increased their security WITHIN the hospitals and not just on the roads outside. 

50 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

July to August and maybe sept.  Declare that the HKPF has the right to use deadly force to disperse riots.  Any illegal protests where participants refused to disperse after the police told them to will be regarded as a riot and treated accordingly. 

Oct onwards, instead of a mask ban, declare a state of emergency and a curfew.  The problem is that this will also mean the economy will be thrashed but from what I understand, the situation in Hong Kong is not much better now anyway.

I can foresee some legal challenges by the legal department or judiciary.  But IMHO as long as Carrrie has the support of China in her acts, she'll be fine.  Of cos if China said no curfew or something then it sucks to be her.

I think at this stage, a state of emergency must be declared and curfew imposed.  I am not sure but it seems the judiciary is blind to what the protestors are doing at the moment which is almost unbelievable.  Could the judiciary be suspended as well?  I am trying to imagine what Roosevelt would have done if after Pearl Harbor attacks the congress refused to declare war and the vocal population still demanded peace.  Tldr, it seems the situation is unbelievable to the point of comical if it were not tragic.

HKPF had issued a warning in the last 24 hr with regard to use of lethal weapons by the rioter.

Police had been seen armed with M4 today.

zqe827nxeu331.jpg

Edited by Wishcumsback
  • Praise 2

Talk is free

"We condemn the unjustified use of force and urge all sides to refrain from violence and engage in constructive dialogue," the senior US official said.

Don't even have balls to say what do they define as unjustified force? 

When rioters throw bricks, petrol bombs, shoot arrows, that is justified or unjustified? 

Look into their own history of riot control and own backyard first before opening their bloody big mouth. 

• Praise 2

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-high-court-ban-face-masks-unconstitutional-12103352

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kongs-anti-mask-law-ruled-unconstitutional-by-high-court

There.

Wearing masks is fine at any assembly. 

Really jialat. Wearing of masks prevented accurate identification of rioters. But its ok. 

🤪😂 should have invoked the emergency law that anyone wearing a mask while committing violence or riots is a crime. Not a blanket order of no masks allowed. 

Faint.

Wear masks and whack is ok. Pls continue to wear masks. 

So much for brains.

Just yada-ing 

Think can pack up soon. Cos PLA should be turning up anytime liao.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 3

From the past weekend of action. My opinion is they have just fast forwarded the clock for state of emergency to be invoked.

You basically shut the whole of hong kong down, ruining any future it will ever possibly have for a long long long time.

13 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

From the past weekend of action. My opinion is they have just fast forwarded the clock for state of emergency to be invoked.

You basically shut the whole of hong kong down, ruining any future it will ever possibly have for a long long long time.

What do u mean? As in what state of emergency to be invoked?

Thanks to share.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protesters-remain-defiant-polyu-campus-standoff-police-12103178

They are waiting for brothers and sisters to go save them. 

And i like this part...They have not used as much force as they COULD. Really?

Looks like raw materials running out. No more tokens to continue with computer war games.

But if the courts let them go free, its still square one. 

HKPF is left right centre wrong. They are the true democratic heroes keeping the PLA out.

Just yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Just yada ing but what if they occupied the hospitals instead?  Hospitals tend to be near major roads (though maybe not as strategic) but they will have more support if the hospital staff were also protestors or support the protests plus occupying the hospital will put even more pressure on the govt plus the police cant throw tear gas in......

I hope hospitals have increased their security WITHIN the hospitals and not just on the roads outside. 

They could have but it will be very dicey for themselves if old folks cannot go hospital or babies are in danger. Common ppl will be adversely affected vs uni/poly where its only students, faculty and related businesses.

Hence for them to occupy hospitals, it may backfire on them badly.

Unless one "wants" to die but "hopes" to be saved on time with so many doctors on hand. 🤪 

Yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, mikk123 said:

what an example incompetent and weak government... feel sorry for hongkies. 

Everyone in government knows the right thing to do, but no one dares to take the responsibility. Worse, central government don't give clear instruction. The ones who suffers are the police and ordinary citizens. A complete failure, hope SG is remain the hands of a strong and competent government. 

Of course the HK govt officials are weak and indecisive ..... they take all their orders from the mainland. But mainland has so far held back and not giving any directions on this issue.

I don't think the mainland will ever allow HK to have strong, competent leaders, making them harder to control.

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

That it's a very very very very very very very very old picture leh... 

I drinking water. i almost spill out when i see this😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4