Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

13 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Of course the HK govt officials are weak and indecisive ..... they take all their orders from the mainland. But mainland has so far held back and not giving any directions on this issue.

I don't think the mainland will ever allow HK to have strong, competent leaders, making them harder to control.

Yes, i concur. 

Plus must be pro-Beijing.

So technically, for all we know, this situation in HK is allowed to continue on purpose. Cos too many old stocks of tear gas nearing expiry liao.😂🤪

Loyalty of HKPF also solely tested. 

Yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

That it's a very very very very very very very very old picture leh... 

Good old days very nice. All-natural looks, no fake stuff

• Haha! 3

They rather other people die. 

The frustration is externalized to the working man/police officer.

Its the rage.

And you wonder where they learn street warfare from....

Dua liap dua liap.

Harvest dun kill. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-high-court-ban-face-masks-unconstitutional-12103352

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kongs-anti-mask-law-ruled-unconstitutional-by-high-court

There.

Wearing masks is fine at any assembly. 

Really jialat. Wearing of masks prevented accurate identification of rioters. But its ok. 

🤪😂 should have invoked the emergency law that anyone wearing a mask while committing violence or riots is a crime. Not a blanket order of no masks allowed. 

Faint.

Wear masks and whack is ok. Pls continue to wear masks. 

So much for brains.

Just yada-ing 

Think can pack up soon. Cos PLA should be turning up anytime liao.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

the problem is most of us having been living in a straightjacket never tasted freedom

hence we based our opinions and judgement on our own experiences

people in HK are not afraid of their government or police

they take them to court and court often play fair and if need to whack the government they whack

here, I dare not say, because my boss, Radx say I cannot say

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

the kids no doubt are "playing with fire" that may cost lives BUT they do teach us a thing or two

they are fighting for something they believe in and they believe they are fighting on behalf of the rest of the Hong Kong (don't be quick to comment unless you go read about the situation since 1997 and the basic law)

in Singapore, we only kpkb and yet individuals here call them gutless and ball-less

we are about to have our mothers, sisters and aunties to be sent overseas as maids, yet we act like nothing is happening

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Of course the HK govt officials are weak and indecisive ..... they take all their orders from the mainland. But mainland has so far held back and not giving any directions on this issue.

I don't think the mainland will ever allow HK to have strong, competent leaders, making them harder to control.

My bro has a different take. Cos historically Hong Kong leaders have been taking orders.  Either from the British or China.  They have not been originating orders of their own.

So now when China is silent, no one knows what to do.  It is not so much as competency than no one has every given orders before on their own and not give orders on behalf of another leader.

It will also be interesting to see if such things happen here among rank and file workers and students.

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

This old man... haha

Seen him in other videos before...

Old and past-his-prime pan-dem

No one listens to him.... even the current radicals or pan-dems. Think his only buddy is the long hair Leung

Are you talking about Martin Lee?

This is Joseph Tsang le.  Pro-Beijing 1 le.

21 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

My bro has a different take. Cos historically Hong Kong leaders have been taking orders.  Either from the British or China.  They have not been originating orders of their own.

So now when China is silent, no one knows what to do.  It is not so much as competency than no one has every given orders before on their own and not give orders on behalf of another leader.

It will also be interesting to see if such things happen here among rank and file workers and students.

Philipkee logic got some problem

I want to help to explain but maybe another day

but for starters

when the British were around the HK leader was a Brit

now you think China is silent, if so why does the HK CE keeps in consultation with the Central Government in China, why does the President of China comes out to say he is in support of CE's decision

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

XI BIG BIG already issue order at BRICS summit in Brazil.

止暴制亂

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

now you think China is silent, if so why does the HK CE keeps in consultation with the Central Government in China, why does the President of China comes out to say he is in support of CE's decision

And the current leader is China.  So Hong Kong should also accept ultimate authority now comes from China.

AND I was thinking carrie Lam was asking XJP what to do and he say up to you.  I will support whatever you do.  And Carrie Lam is thinking so what am I supposed to do? So XJP announces his support for her action and Carrie Lam is thinking do what?  Some people you really need to tell them Step A do what, step B do what or they freeze.  Just never thought I would see this in a CE.

I dont think China is silent in the sense that it told nothing to Carrie Lam.  I think China is silent in the sense that XJP tells her "do the needful.  I will support".  And leaves it at that.  And she does not know what to do next.  And she doesnt dare to clarify or decide on her own.

The funny thing is XJP might be wondering why no action so far and maybe think Carrie Lam got a trick up her sleeve when all Carrie Lam is doing is wondering what does XJP actually want when he say do the needful.  Hence all the words in the press but no action done.

20 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

XI BIG BIG already issue order at BRICS summit in Brazil.

止暴制亂

I think this was after months of rioting.  Not in early stages.  And Carrie Lam might still be wondering do what cos XJP never tell her specifically to do what.

It boils down to the fact that maybe she really has no initiative and/or no courage to do it without explicit instructions.  Like I say stop the riots by any means and you freeze cos I never tell you step A, step B. 

XJP can tell her stop the riots by any means but because he never say start martial law, she freezes cos she dont know if that was what XJP wanted.

Edited by Philipkee

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

I drinking water. i almost spill out when i see this😁

Suddenly thou wished for milk instead?  🤣

32 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Philipkee logic got some problem

I want to help to explain but maybe another day

but for starters

Today is history

you on the same page as me... on the logic part

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-high-court-ban-face-masks-unconstitutional-12103352

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kongs-anti-mask-law-ruled-unconstitutional-by-high-court

There.

Wearing masks is fine at any assembly. 

Really jialat. Wearing of masks prevented accurate identification of rioters. But its ok. 

🤪😂 should have invoked the emergency law that anyone wearing a mask while committing violence or riots is a crime. Not a blanket order of no masks allowed. 

Faint.

Wear masks and whack is ok. Pls continue to wear masks. 

So much for brains.

Just yada-ing 

Think can pack up soon. Cos PLA should be turning up anytime liao.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3038184/anti-mask-law-quell-hong-kong-protests-ruled

In a 106-page judgment handed down on Monday afternoon, the judges declared the ordinance “incompatible with the Basic Law” to the extent that it empowers the chief executive to make regulations on any occasion of public danger.

They also found the measure that gave police the power to require a person to remove his or her mask at public places a disproportionate measure given its “remarkable width”.

There is practically no limit on the circumstances in which the power under that section can be exercised by a police officer,” the judges wrote.

But they left open the question of whether the ordinance is constitutional when used in times of emergency.

Read through the 106 pages lo

This is the beauty of rule of law.

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Of cos mainland dun care, remember, its 1 country 2 system. They get wat they ask for. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1