Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

1 minute ago, PSP415 said:

Its in the interpretation thereof ya.

To me, its clear that rioters must not be masked. Those who dons a mask and create riots are cowards and in blatant disregard of the very law they are "protecting".

Illegal protests are illegal. Whether u wear masks then or not its already illegal. By making wearing of masks illegal, its adding weight to the strength of what defines the illegality but it is clear to all, it is to ensure a rioter is easily identified.

Dun think it is for HK fashion scene. 

Anyways this is another side of coin we wont agree so let's leave it here.

Thanks for yada-ing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

It’s in the interpretation itself whether Anti mask ban contravenes Basic Law.

What you believe is not important.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Davidtch said:

Are you saying the judge don’t follow the law?
It’s prosecutors job to prove to the court that the suspect is guilty.

Otherwise, there is no reason for court to decide otherwise.

Judges ARE not prosecutors .

Nope.

I am saying that the judges are not interpreting the law in light of the current state of affairs.

Its like saying you cant park the fire engine here in this lot thats for handicap only. Regardless the fire that's burning next to the lot.

The law is explicit but the interpretation can be fluid. So to me, if go by the book, where are all those who defied court injunction when these rioters occupied the airports. Or those who took part in illegal protests? All rounded up and charged? Or released?

Why laws there are fluid but not this? Because its from CL? 

Note: me no supporter of violence n bullying. Especially old ppl and women. Hence i am biased when they kena and culprits go scot free.😅

That's just my yada-ing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

It’s in the interpretation itself whether Anti mask ban contravenes Basic Law.

What you believe is not important.

What i believe is important. To me. 

She has EMERGENCY powers. It must be able to handle the crisis at hand. Because the law must support life, law and order. Not give it an excuse to say "hey, this point u no fulfill so application thrown out for a fire engine to put out a fire next door. Sorry. No cannot. Because basic requires all fields must be fulfilled first."

So i defer and disagree with the judges. But who cares cos i am not a HKer nor affected. But i must know what is right from wrong as a person. It affects nobody else but my conscience that's why important only to me mah.

Just yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Nope.

I am saying that the judges are not interpreting the law in light of the current state of affairs.

Its like saying you cant park the fire engine here in this lot thats for handicap only. Regardless the fire that's burning next to the lot.

The law is explicit but the interpretation can be fluid. So to me, if go by the book, where are all those who defied court injunction when these rioters occupied the airports. Or those who took part in illegal protests? All rounded up and charged? Or released?

Why laws there are fluid but not this? Because its from CL? 

Note: me no supporter of violence n bullying. Especially old ppl and women. Hence i am biased when they kena and culprits go scot free.😅

That's just my yada-ing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

The judge can’t interpret the law beyond what’s allow under the law.

Rather than saying the judge not doing their job, why no one question whether the prosecutors do a good job?

If the prosecutor did a crap job, what can the judge do?

Suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty 

• Praise 1

Just now, Davidtch said:

The judge can’t interpret the law beyond what’s allow under the law.

Rather than saying the judge not doing their job, why no one question whether the prosecutors do a good job?

If the prosecutor did a crap job, what can the judge do?

Suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty 

Walau.

Judges just sit there to approve craps?

Really?

😂😂😂

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

What i believe is important. To me. 

She has EMERGENCY powers. It must be able to handle the crisis at hand. Because the law must support life, law and order. Not give it an excuse to say "hey, this point u no fulfill so application thrown out for a fire engine to put out a fire next door. Sorry. No cannot. Because basic requires all fields must be fulfilled first."

So i defer and disagree with the judges. But who cares cos i am not a HKer nor affected. But i must know what is right from wrong as a person. It affects nobody else but my conscience that's why important only to me mah.

Just yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

She did not invoke state of emergency. That’s the critical point.

When fire engine (anti mask law) was send, there was court injunction application that was rejected. However, that judge said judicial review is possible.

That’s why your fire engine was out saving fire till now

After judicial review, fire engine has to go back.

Any law that breaches constitution is unconstitutional.

• Praise 1

Hkies always valued 人权 over many other things... I do recall there was a huge protest many yrs back when hk gahmen wanted police to have rights to search a property belonging to a suspected terrorists without a search warrant... 

anti-masks law was always set to be challenged anyway.. hkies have a Basic right to protest/ hold demonstrations...

out of curiosity.. can hk declare martial law and implement curfew? Or is that decision on China?

1 minute ago, Davidtch said:

Are you saying XJP is an idiot too?

XJP 高度肯定Carrie 

No. For three reasons.

1)  He might have other motives for inaction.  For all we know he is eating popcorn like the rest of us.  But it's more likely his advisors told him the political cost of HIM intervening in Hong Kong is more than the cost of him just watching from the sidelines.  I believe he is watching closely from the sidelines and his advisors are telling him the politically best option.  Like verbally supporting Carrie instead of firing her. 

2)  Let's assume what I think might have happened actually happened.  He told carrie lam to do the needful and she is still waiting for instructions.  It still doesn't make him an idiot.  BUT it might call into question qualities expected of any future CE of Hong Kong which might also change how they are selected for that role.

3)  Let's assume I am wrong.  Xjp don't have good advisors and he is actually clueless.  Maybe he is really an idiot as well but we will never know it cos I doubt he is going to be so stupid to say something in public and confirm it like saying he has no clue how to settle the issue and he still doesnt know what to do with carrie lam(our private thoughts notwithstanding). 

The only likely way we will know if he's clueless is if the riots really go out of control and

a) Hong Kong actually declares independence and/or

b) the riots spread unchecked into china.

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, SuPerBoRed said:

out of curiosity.. can hk declare martial law and implement curfew? Or is that decision on China?

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kongs-emergency-law-how-far-can-it-go

I am 90% sure she can.  The only issue is the economic implications and what will PLA do in such scenario.

That's why it's a tough decision but one that should have been made.

My two cents.

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

crush the protest when it first started. Now, martial law. That is what our LKY would do. 

You wish HK gov has the power to "crush the protest" LKY style ?  Dream on.

If HK gov is to have the power like SG gov have, then the High Court judges will be selected by the gov, work with the gov and has ISA power.

The SAR HK gov has none of those.

internal-security-act.jpg

4 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Of course the HK govt officials are weak and indecisive ..... they take all their orders from the mainland. But mainland has so far held back and not giving any directions on this issue.

I don't think the mainland will ever allow HK to have strong, competent leaders, making them harder to control.

You have been miss-informed.  Beijing does not have the power to decide what the SAR gov should do with the territories legal system. This is stated in the Basic Law which forms the foundation of  1C2S policy.

The only few things HK gov, its legislature and court cannot do is to challenge the fact HK is part of China - which is included within the HK Basic Law as agreed between UK and PRC.

in another words, if you want to have a "strong and competent" CE, then he or she better be ready handle a thankless job that is answerable to the current HK system, while adhering to 1 country values. This is what Carrie Lam is facing now.

6 hours ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protesters-remain-defiant-polyu-campus-standoff-police-12103178

They are waiting for brothers and sisters to go save them. 

And i like this part...They have not used as much force as they COULD. Really?

Looks like raw materials running out. No more tokens to continue with computer war games.

But if the courts let them go free, its still square one.  HKPF is left right centre wrong. They are the true democratic heroes keeping the PLA out.

Dude, Beijing has been voicing out its support for the HKPF and even invited some of those involved in the anti-riot duty to their 70th NDP, including trips to the Mainland.

https://www.takefoto.cn/viewnews-1917427.html

5d9171dae4b09370d92f30cd.jpeg

Edited by Wishcumsback
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Wishcumsback said:

Dude, Beijing has been voicing out its support for the HKPF and even invited some of those involved in the anti-riot duty to their 70th NDP, including trips to the Mainland.

https://www.takefoto.cn/viewnews-1917427.html

5d9171dae4b09370d92f30cd.jpeg

😂 so keeping the PLA out is just an act? 

And kena left right centre by the locals is justified?

The overtures from Beijing confirmed there including a village for their retirement.

But i do see restraint from the HKPF in dealing with the rioters as super longsuffering. 

Just yada-ing. Is typing in red easier on your eyes? Cos its kinda painful on mine.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Thought they will defend their home (campus) till death

why all run away? Lol

Better run before they keep getting fed good food but sewage system kena block...

mask or no mask don’t matter, 1k headcount of dung per day no joking matter...

• Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

😂 so keeping the PLA out is just an act?  And kena left right centre by the locals is justified?

The overtures from Beijing confirmed there including a village for their retirement.

But i do see restraint from the HKPF in dealing with the rioters as super longsuffering. 

IMO, the only reason that has kept PLA from getting involved in HK is to avoid jeopardising the larger aim of reunifying with Taiwan peacefully.

I had shared my though on this in an earlier posting.

↡ Advertisement