Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Our houses being built smaller and smaller like HK, in no time Hong Lim Park will be too small. When a house is only a place to sleep.

That's how millions turned out in HK protest. My 2 cents thought. 

12 minutes ago, Tjon said:

Our houses being built smaller and smaller like HK, in no time Hong Lim Park will be too small. When a house is only a place to sleep.

That's how millions turned out in HK protest. My 2 cents thought. 

General CCS said the same thing.... In not as many words.... 😂

• Haha! 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-polyu-campus-protesters-police-clashes-12106006

100 still inside. 

Pls surrender. There is a way out. Life is precious. Alive then can apply for citizenship in UK mah.

Otherwise police just turn off water and Wi-Fi routers in the campus.

Then repeatedly play soft errrriiiieeee music at night. 🤪👻👻

Just yada-ing. Hopefully siege will end today. Then after they rested, start all over again...walau. HKPF better keep the highly strung violent ones in a safe place, maybe like jail? 

HK and HKers, dun push the kiddos to the frontline. If wan, go direct to the PLA garrisons and have a bloody good fight, like pointing lasers perhaps?

China say HK courts no💪to rule that ban on wearing of masks is unconstitutional. Wa..clever ah, HK judicial wants to sneak 💪into their system machiam really one.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-face-mask-ban-unconstitutional-china-parliament-12105742

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

57 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Seem like HK people worried more about the terrorist being let off to go home from HK PolyU than the whereabouts of the stolen cyanide and arsenic.... 

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3038300/dangerous-chemicals-missing-laboratories-hong-kongs

How come no C3 taken .... :wut:

Then it will be fun during the standoff ... :secret-laugh:

Sorry...… after all the atrocities of the protest movement so far, they've really taken it too far this time, way beyond normal humanity! 😠🤬

1763028017_WhatsAppImage2019-11-19at2_37_35PM.thumb.jpeg.e1aeda0beaea0b130b1e5f63b397149e.jpeg

Throwing away perfectly serviceable beer, albeit, a sh!t one. 🤪

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

🇱🇷 An American living in HK 🇭🇰🇨🇳submitted the below email to websites of US Senator Hawley, Senator Cruz and 60 minutes (for their biased piece

on the HK protests)

So well written. Must Read.

——————

Senator Hawley

Your willingness to sacrifice an entire city,  its way of life,  its civility,  the future of its youth,  its freedoms unmatched anywhere else in the world, and its high degree of autonomy in a historically unique circumstance,  is in my opinion a crime against humanity.

Your sole punitive objective of giving China a black eye,  demonstrates not only a childish approach to the needs of the world, but also demonstrates a depravity of moral value, unbecoming  of any religious institution whether Christian, Muslim, Judaism or Buddhism.

And you call yourself a Christian.  Should I not be surprised that the most brutal inhuman treatment of other humans beings I have ever witnessed is being committed  by your Christian-led organisation?

The world is NOT seeing the truth of HK. And you are only perpetuating that lie. It is seeing a facade of half truths created by one nation with the sole intent of undermining another nation hoping to curtail the continued emergence of that nation on the world stage.  The world is seeing a singular view of HK events from the lenses of those who wish to destroy its parent,  where the only possible outcome is to completely sacrifice the child.   

I’m not going to excuse China’s  past behaviour.  But to choose HK as the sacrificial lamb  for that reckoning is not only morally wrong, it is tactically and strategically wrong - if your objective is to bring China to its knees.   You will not achieve your objective by bringing anarchy to HK.

You are choosing the ways of the past to solve problems of the future.   HK may need change but don’t revert to a page in the history of China (the cultural revolution) to destroy a society and attempt to build a new one  on its ashes when no one in the protest movement,  nor their American benefactors, are presenting a better option to what was one of the freest societies on earth protected by one of the best, most restrained and least corrupt police forces on the planet.

———————

Senator Cruz

If you don’t understand something don’t weigh in.  Your incomplete view can destroy lives.  Your being a sideline US enabler  of violent protesters will have no positive outcome for the protesters you are supporting...or the city stuck in between your real target (China) and your country.  So quit using HK and its students as a pawn  in your clear objective to curtail what you fear -   Chinese hegemony in the region.   You are only perpetuating that outcome.

I am an American living in  HK and  for you to come to this city,  claim you see no violence in your short limited time here, and give unquestioned support to those who are destroying this city is an affront to all intelligent law abiding peaceful people who live here.

These protesters you are supporting are violating and undermining all  rules of law of this great city.   They are clearing a path to anarchy.  They are lynching innocent bystanders (who are in fact voicing their freedom of speech in the most basic ways),  they are destroying anything and everything of a contrary view (and in the most violent way).  They are destroying public property everyone in this city depends on.  They are committing the most horrendous acts of violence against fellow human beings - Yet you support them.

You are an evangelical Christian but there is nothing Christian like in the protesters behavior.  It is ironic isn’t it -  that the most inhuman and brutal treatment of fellow human beings I have ever witnessed in my life comes at the hands of your Christian  led movement.  Shame on you Mr Cruz for perpetuating a lie - you see no violence!

There is nothing peaceful about these protests. There is nothing Christian about their murderous and destructive ways.  There is nothing  democratic  about their wholesale rejection of anyone who speaks a contrary opinion or offers any solution different from theirs (and they don’t offer any solutions)

For you to claim you see no evidence of violence by the protesters you are supporting shows you are nothing  but  an  unmitigated  liar or a complete idiot.   Such a statement from a foreign government official unmasks your true intentions.

I have seen a lot in my worldy travels but I have never seen a peaceful, law abiding free and open society descend into such chaos, over such a short period of time. Where mob justice underpinned by mob violence is the new law in the streets, where those you are supporting are demonstrating a complete lack of humanity to fellow human beings - and propagandising everything in their wake.

Perhaps you would like the same violence inflicted on your city?  your transport system destroyed,  the business in your neighbourhoods set to fire, your friends beaten to an inch of their lives,  your young children brainwashed and becoming modern day red guards, only to lose their futures consumed by their hatred and violence which has no possible positive outcome?  Then have representatives of foreign governments come to your city vocally supporting those who are destroying the city.

Your misguided sense of righteousness is going to lead to ruination for those you are  supporting.   And you will shoulder that blame,  and those in this society will never forget that.  Accountability will fall on your shoulders.

You can take your false Christian values and take them straight to hell with you Mr. Cruz.

—————-

60 minutes

I love your show.  Always have for the last 30+ years.   But I am incredibly dismayed by your single sided view of the HK protest movement.  A completely unbalanced view of a Christian led movement that is committing unspeakable acts of violence and showing a lack of humanity I never thought possible. All  against the citizens in HK who,  if you had done your research, might find them to be a majority.

You made no attempt to seek a view of the other side.  And by the other side I do not mean China.  I mean the majority of people living in this city,  now living under a cloud of fear - fearful of speaking any contrary opinion to those who are ironically seeking a democratic platform - those very people you are supporting who have not shown an iota of tolerance for other opinion, but rather have shown an incredible lack of humanity in the violent mob justice they are committing against so many in this city - including a very large number of single elderly individuals who happen to be unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Not Jimmy Lai,  nor Joshua Wong, nor their violent protesters running amuck   destroying the fabric of life in what once was the most open,  free,  law abiding place on Earth, are appropriate  representatives of HK. But they  are in fact the only reason the people of this city are losing  their freedoms and their gold standard legal system.  Not China.

Next time do your research before becoming an unwitting (or perhaps witting) enabler of the violence being inflicted on a city,  and the majority of people living here - living now in fear - not because of anything China has done,  but what the protesters,  and those of you who are enabling them -are doing.

• Praise 10

I used to think like that but was educated by my PRC friend recently. There is a solid reason that Hong Kong's elites do not want to end this chaos. They are using this to extort concession from the central government. So, no emergency law as it will crush the protestors immediately.

Each time when the riot started to die down, something happened to stir up the emotion. Remember how the anti-mask rule stirred the rioters? Now, after most of the aggressive rioters are contained by police in the PolyU, the judges motivate the rioter by ruling the anti-mask rule as unconstitutional.  How can something constitutional in colonial HK, Canada, and US become unconstitutional in current HK?  I don't have legal expertise, but it is bizarre to me. They let these rioters see the light of hope.

https://www.hk01.com/社會新聞/399702/禁蒙面法-判辭解讀-危害公安範圍太廣-裁-緊急法-違憲

法官在判詞指,《基本法》並沒有將立權力賦予行政機關,只是賦予行政機關簽署或拒絕簽署法案,以及訂立附屬法例的權力,《基本法》也不容立法機關授權行政長官立法、修訂或廢除法例的權力。法官認為引用緊急法所訂立的規例,與真正的附屬法例大相徑庭,亦顯示緊急法事實上將立法權賦予特首,讓特首定立主要法例,並非單單是附屬法例。

Edited by Davidtch

1 hour ago, Civic2000 said:

🇱🇷 An American living in HK 🇭🇰🇨🇳submitted the below email to websites of US Senator Hawley, Senator Cruz and 60 minutes (for their biased piece

on the HK protests)

So well written. Must Read.

——————

Senator Hawley

Your willingness to sacrifice an entire city,  its way of life,  its civility,  the future of its youth,  its freedoms unmatched anywhere else in the world, and its high degree of autonomy in a historically unique circumstance,  is in my opinion a crime against humanity.

Your sole punitive objective of giving China a black eye,  demonstrates not only a childish approach to the needs of the world, but also demonstrates a depravity of moral value, unbecoming  of any religious institution whether Christian, Muslim, Judaism or Buddhism.

And you call yourself a Christian.  Should I not be surprised that the most brutal inhuman treatment of other humans beings I have ever witnessed is being committed  by your Christian-led organisation?

The world is NOT seeing the truth of HK. And you are only perpetuating that lie. It is seeing a facade of half truths created by one nation with the sole intent of undermining another nation hoping to curtail the continued emergence of that nation on the world stage.  The world is seeing a singular view of HK events from the lenses of those who wish to destroy its parent,  where the only possible outcome is to completely sacrifice the child.   

I’m not going to excuse China’s  past behaviour.  But to choose HK as the sacrificial lamb  for that reckoning is not only morally wrong, it is tactically and strategically wrong - if your objective is to bring China to its knees.   You will not achieve your objective by bringing anarchy to HK.

You are choosing the ways of the past to solve problems of the future.   HK may need change but don’t revert to a page in the history of China (the cultural revolution) to destroy a society and attempt to build a new one  on its ashes when no one in the protest movement,  nor their American benefactors, are presenting a better option to what was one of the freest societies on earth protected by one of the best, most restrained and least corrupt police forces on the planet.

———————

Senator Cruz

If you don’t understand something don’t weigh in.  Your incomplete view can destroy lives.  Your being a sideline US enabler  of violent protesters will have no positive outcome for the protesters you are supporting...or the city stuck in between your real target (China) and your country.  So quit using HK and its students as a pawn  in your clear objective to curtail what you fear -   Chinese hegemony in the region.   You are only perpetuating that outcome.

I am an American living in  HK and  for you to come to this city,  claim you see no violence in your short limited time here, and give unquestioned support to those who are destroying this city is an affront to all intelligent law abiding peaceful people who live here.

These protesters you are supporting are violating and undermining all  rules of law of this great city.   They are clearing a path to anarchy.  They are lynching innocent bystanders (who are in fact voicing their freedom of speech in the most basic ways),  they are destroying anything and everything of a contrary view (and in the most violent way).  They are destroying public property everyone in this city depends on.  They are committing the most horrendous acts of violence against fellow human beings - Yet you support them.

You are an evangelical Christian but there is nothing Christian like in the protesters behavior.  It is ironic isn’t it -  that the most inhuman and brutal treatment of fellow human beings I have ever witnessed in my life comes at the hands of your Christian  led movement.  Shame on you Mr Cruz for perpetuating a lie - you see no violence!

There is nothing peaceful about these protests. There is nothing Christian about their murderous and destructive ways.  There is nothing  democratic  about their wholesale rejection of anyone who speaks a contrary opinion or offers any solution different from theirs (and they don’t offer any solutions)

For you to claim you see no evidence of violence by the protesters you are supporting shows you are nothing  but  an  unmitigated  liar or a complete idiot.   Such a statement from a foreign government official unmasks your true intentions.

I have seen a lot in my worldy travels but I have never seen a peaceful, law abiding free and open society descend into such chaos, over such a short period of time. Where mob justice underpinned by mob violence is the new law in the streets, where those you are supporting are demonstrating a complete lack of humanity to fellow human beings - and propagandising everything in their wake.

Perhaps you would like the same violence inflicted on your city?  your transport system destroyed,  the business in your neighbourhoods set to fire, your friends beaten to an inch of their lives,  your young children brainwashed and becoming modern day red guards, only to lose their futures consumed by their hatred and violence which has no possible positive outcome?  Then have representatives of foreign governments come to your city vocally supporting those who are destroying the city.

Your misguided sense of righteousness is going to lead to ruination for those you are  supporting.   And you will shoulder that blame,  and those in this society will never forget that.  Accountability will fall on your shoulders.

You can take your false Christian values and take them straight to hell with you Mr. Cruz.

—————-

60 minutes

I love your show.  Always have for the last 30+ years.   But I am incredibly dismayed by your single sided view of the HK protest movement.  A completely unbalanced view of a Christian led movement that is committing unspeakable acts of violence and showing a lack of humanity I never thought possible. All  against the citizens in HK who,  if you had done your research, might find them to be a majority.

You made no attempt to seek a view of the other side.  And by the other side I do not mean China.  I mean the majority of people living in this city,  now living under a cloud of fear - fearful of speaking any contrary opinion to those who are ironically seeking a democratic platform - those very people you are supporting who have not shown an iota of tolerance for other opinion, but rather have shown an incredible lack of humanity in the violent mob justice they are committing against so many in this city - including a very large number of single elderly individuals who happen to be unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Not Jimmy Lai,  nor Joshua Wong, nor their violent protesters running amuck   destroying the fabric of life in what once was the most open,  free,  law abiding place on Earth, are appropriate  representatives of HK. But they  are in fact the only reason the people of this city are losing  their freedoms and their gold standard legal system.  Not China.

Next time do your research before becoming an unwitting (or perhaps witting) enabler of the violence being inflicted on a city,  and the majority of people living here - living now in fear - not because of anything China has done,  but what the protesters,  and those of you who are enabling them -are doing.

Indeed. 

Very well written.

Thanks for sharing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

its gg for those cockroach already.

china appt a new police chief, 1 day nia catch thousand over of them, all send to china dig mountain i think 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

25 minutes ago, Beregond said:

china appt a new police chief, 1 day nia catch thousand over of them, all send to china dig mountain i think 🤣

In videos, whenever one cockroaches gets arrested, the people around keep asking what is his/her name until the the roach answers them loudly...... Think is to make sure the arrested are accounted for and not disappear into some labour camp.... 

Now with thousand arrested in a single day.. Wonder how they keep track... 😁

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Actually one plausible way to end this mess (temporarily at least) is to arrest enough radicals until they don't have enough ppl to sustain significant violence. But they'll need a really big concentration camp detention centre.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

In videos, whenever one cockroaches gets arrested, the people around keep asking what is his/her name until the the roach answers them loudly...... Think is to make sure the arrested are accounted for and not disappear into some labour camp.... 

Now with thousand arrested in a single day.. Wonder how they keep track... 😁

now they trying to escape by using the sewers. i dun know how else to call them lol

• Haha! 5

Someone in HK said It is absolutely right for HK Police to arrest everyone coming out for HK PolyU, because the rioters had taken over the chemistry department of HK PolyU to get chemical materials to make bombs. They had turned it into a bomb-making factory, and the HK police got the intelligence, and then surrounded their terrorist factory.

If it was the US military in charge of this operation, they would have called for an air strike to take out the university and killing everyone in it, and no one would have questioned their decision.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2