Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

OK,  first objective accomplished,  that is to make themselves heard. 

Now next step - independence for HKG!  

Let the show begin! 

*beyond help and redemption already. 

If they want independence, better start by rearing pigs, chicken, plant vegetable and dig some reservoirs.  All these come from China.

Plus dig a tunnel to USA as the sea will be blockaded.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

If they want independence, better start by rearing pigs, chicken, plant vegetable and dig some reservoirs.  All these come from China.

Why so pessimistic?

Trump will send Air Force One to pick up the protesters from hkg.... Since he is such a staunch supporter, he will welcome them with open legs! 

4 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

My wife's cousin told his family : I would rather be a dog of Foreigners than a man of China.

Apparently many feel that way too. 

My only comment which I told my mum is that there is some kind of madness going on in Hong Kong.   I agree.  You want freedom.  You hate china.  I dont love china all that much but the hatred here is bordering on madness if not madness already.

Anyway good luck to Hong Kong.   They will need it.  Big problem though.  They already think they have all the luck with US apparent support.

Not sure if I mentioned this here before.  :D

My sociology teacher used to say.

"In the 1930s, germany was technologically advanced and the people were educated.  Yet they literally fell at the feet of hitler and lapped up all his words.   And there in lies the problem.  Imagine that hitler can speak english and he says what he said to the german people, but this time in English and to singaporeans, at orchard road mrt.  What do you think will happen to him?  He will be tied up and sent to Woodbridge hospital.  Cos what he says doesnt make sense.

Yet, why did the germans listen to him?  It is because of the conditions in germany at that time.  Now, in singapore we have no major problems.  But when that day comes, can we be assured we dont fall at the feet of a person like hitler?"

This lesson was in the mid 1990s before the AFC.  And I wonder if this same madness, which is the learned hatred of china, is the reason why Hong Kongers seem to be beyond reason now.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

My only comment which I told my mum is that there is some kind of madness going on in Hong Kong.   I agree.  You want freedom.  You hate china.  I dont love china all that much but the hatred here is bordering on madness if not madness already.

Anyway good luck to Hong Kong.   They will need it.  Big problem though.  They already think they have all the luck with US apparent support.

Not sure if I mentioned this here before.  :D

My sociology teacher used to say.

"In the 1930s, germany was technologically advanced and the people were educated.  Yet they literally fell at the feet of hitler and lapped up all his words.   And there in lies the problem.  Imagine that hitler can speak english and he says what he said to the german people, but this time in English and to singaporeans, at orchard road mrt.  What do you think will happen to him?  He will be tied up and sent to Woodbridge hospital.  Cos what he says doesnt make sense.

Yet, why did the germans listen to him?  It is because of the conditions in germany at that time.  Now, in singapore we have no major problems.  But when that day comes, can we be assured we dont fall at the feet of a person like hitler?"

This lesson was in the mid 1990s before the AFC.  And I wonder if this same madness, which is the learned hatred of china, is the reason why Hong Kongers seem to be beyond reason now.

Look at what China said officially after district council election.  Rather that looking inward (like what PAP do after GE2011) to evaluate what could be done better, "foreign forces" is being blamed including HK Human Rights and Democracy Act as well as Wang Li Qiang.

To CCP, survival of the party is the utmost importance.

It has nothing to do with Hitler.

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Anyway good luck to Hong Kong.   They will need it.  Big problem though.  They already think they have all the luck with US apparent support.n why Hong Kongers seem to be beyond reason now....

On the surface, the case of Nazi Germany targeting of Jews looks similar to what we have witness in HK. It started with intense very public verbal abuse on the targeted community and boycotting their businesses then escalating to physical assaults and attacking properties...

The glaring difference is the HK participants are generally better off materially and has average higher education  than those Germans in 1930s. The movement's leadership is replaced by online social media and modern communications.

1930s Germany.

1.6633725.2895388692.jpg

21st century HK

1200x-1.jpg

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Most HKer don't want independence.  

13 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Look at what China said officially after district council election.  Rather that looking inward (like what PAP do after GE2011) to evaluate what could be done better, "foreign forces" is being blamed including HK Human Rights and Democracy Act as well as Wang Li Qiang.

To CCP, survival of the party is the utmost importance.

It has nothing to do with Hitler.

Sure...let's not make any reference to Nazi Germany...Let's imagine - What can replace the CCP gov given the opportunity ?

Democrats? The Civic Party? HK People First Party? People Power Party? how about the KMTs ?

None of the above ? How about a coalition gov like we see in Bolehland today?

1.4 billion people...let's vote and give democracy a chance in China.

Great idea. Will it work ? 

Political_groups.jpg

Edited by Wishcumsback

6 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Los Angeles, Texas,  New York... Sydney, Melbourne,  Adelaide ... Birmingham, London....   All become independent!! 

Actually, it is the more sensitive places like Catalonia (one part of Spain) seeking independence from Spain that will be "motivated" more than ever.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Yuan said:

Actually, it is the more sensitive places like Catalonia (one part of Spain) seeking independence from Spain that will be "motivated" more than ever.

Also include

1. Scotland independence,
  2. UK's illegal occupation of Chagos Islands, which has been turned into an American military base, (against UN law)
  3. the force removal of Kashmir autonomy by the India gov a few months ago, and
  4. continued occupation of Palestinian land by Israel for over 40 years... (against UN law)

1838.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

My wife's cousin told his family : I would rather be a dog of Foreigners than a man of China.

Apparently many feel that way too. 

Did you pass to him a bone?

And does he eat straight from the plate with his mouth?

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Yuan said:

Maybe some of Catalan politicians.

The last referendum has only 43% turnout.

2 hours ago, Davidtch said:

What "what's going on"?

if hkee is not “fighting” for independence 

what are those si ginna doing in hk for the past 5mths?

the bill is dead ... the bill is withdrawn ... they should stand down ... 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1