Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

11 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Art.23 was included in the Basic Law and HK government should have enacted such a security law at some point on their own during the last 20+yrs?

One could argue that China is imposing it's will, but HK has had no will and is unlikely to find any.

Few understand we are half way through the transition of HK as a UK colony to HK as just another small city of China.

If National Anthem Bill can pass through, i don't see why National Security Bill cannot.

In addition, change in head of HKMAO as well as Liaison office are to push all these hard agenda through.

By using Appendix 3 (i haven't read the full text of the said National Security Act), it goes against the sprite of Article 22.

As long as CNH exists, HK will survive.  Not forgetting there are a lot of CCP members "hiding" in HK.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
1 hour ago, bsswan said:

Few understand we are half way through the transition of HK as a UK colony to HK as just another small city of China.

Sounds like SG Malaysia story... hence my sympathy for those hk folks. 

Every finger pointed at hk is like 3 pointing back at our lky and pioneers..

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Playtime said:

Sounds like SG Malaysia story... hence my sympathy for those hk folks. 

Every finger pointed at hk is like 3 pointing back at our lky and pioneers..

The difference is nobody stirring the shit here because Malaysia is not china. Everywhere they stir, it is chaos. Fighting at somebodyelse backyard is better their own home. 

(edited)

I can almost hear them shouting DLLM as I read this..... 

【國歌法】二讀辯論3度暫停 許智峯擲惡臭腐爛植物議員掩鼻離場

https://hd.stheadline.com/news/realtime/hk/1782286/即時-港聞-國歌法-二讀辯論3度暫停-許智峯擲惡臭腐爛植物議員掩鼻離場

立法會今日續會繼續二讀辯論《國歌法》。民主派朱凱廸、陳志全、許智峯分別被逐離場,會議3度暫停。其中,許智峯在議事廳內投擲惡臭腐爛植物,不少議員在會議暫停期間掩鼻離場。

_2020052811125766047.jpg

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Victor68 said:

The difference is nobody stirring the shit here because Malaysia is not china. Everywhere they stir, it is chaos. Fighting at somebodyelse backyard is better their own home. 

I'm not too sure about that. 

The Malaysians... even the indos at some point.. probably would have invaded without British "stirring".. lky was even called a running dog of different powers by his opponents... int and ext.

And there's no lack of hk who think it's China ccp stirring instead. 

Whatever  it is... stirring or not, I don't dismiss their cause.. afterall I'm easily  only a keyboard warrior compared to them. 

Guess I'm just saying it bears more than a passing resemblance to our own history. 

5 hours ago, Victor68 said:

there is so much different between us and them.

our independence is won by lky and other with agreement from all partys including malaysia side. in the early days we have alot of unstability also, not to mention lky use many hardhand tatic to fight those unstability which prove to be a wise move consider our positon now. 

hk was rib and tear away from china against china will, shedding toes of chinese blood sweat and tears. we dun need to study history to know the different. lol

• Praise 2

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Didu said:

US revokes Hong Kong special status as furore grows on China law

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/us-revokes-hong-kong-special-status-furore-china-law-12776804

So no more special status means US is recognizing HK is actually China now.

finally, paving the way for one country one system ...

so amdk fall into the trap with eyes wide opened ... lol

sexpert said prc already do the assessment that usa will make this move ... not unexpected

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

China ’s modern and modern history tells us that Guangdong, or the Chinese in the southeastern coastal provinces, are the most rebellious and hard-bone, the ethnic group that is a headache for any regime, and the potential for revolution. From the early Sun Yat-sen to the relatively recent Wukan farmers, there are countless examples.

The general impression of the Chinese is that the northerners, especially the northeasterns, are very tough. Actually wrong, Guangdong talents are tough.

Xi Jinping wants to kick Hong Kong? Be careful that your toes are broken.

5DC39E64-505B-48BE-BC47-865E630AEA58.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Didu said:

US revokes Hong Kong special status as furore grows on China law

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/us-revokes-hong-kong-special-status-furore-china-law-12776804

So no more special status means US is recognizing HK is actually China now.

CNA really CMI. When US revoke special status?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-protests-usa-pompeo/pompeo-says-hong-kong-does-not-warrant-pre-1997-special-treatment-idUSKBN2332LH

7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

finally, paving the way for one country one system ...

so amdk fall into the trap with eyes wide opened ... lol

A lot of red money will be trapped too.

5 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Bro umno last time stir alot shit in sg too. Remember racial riot was fuelled by UMNO

• Praise 2

While I can understand the frustration of having you way of life changed against your will, I despise the US/UK govt/media hypocrisy on this 'freedom' and 'independence' issue. Go google Chagos Islands/Diego Garcia. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3