Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

N korea can make one disappeared and come back in " skeleton coffin " DNA can be subjective . . . or none came back alive after 15-25 yrs alter imprisonment. [bigcry]

This is what the west has been preaching during the Vietnam war. While it can be true that some die due to political differences imposed by others,  many die in the war to split them. We may have to look at korea if they one day become Vietnam. It would be too strong a Vietnam that the west will fear. Beside Australia and new New Zealand,  which asian country is consider ang moh? Japan and taiwan are just prawns in their game.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I remember you have been very unhappy with many of PAP policies, you should run road too. 

China will welcome you and you can enjoy the peace and stability of an autocratic system without much check and balance and with little due process.

Since most people are law abiding, no worries lah, just trust the government like how the 70% trust PAP in SG.  Why bother to have GE or PE?  😂😅🤣

Happy or not, i vote and comment in MCF. I don't riot or beat up innocent. I also don't become a dog like those people and carry another country flag. So why ran road leh. I care for my country not USA. I would like to see a strong aisa because i live here.

• Praise 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

This is what the west has been preaching during the Vietnam war. While it can be true that some die due to political differences imposed by others,  many die in the war to split them. We may have to look at korea if they one day become Vietnam. It would be too strong a Vietnam that the west will fear. Beside Australia and new New Zealand,  which asian country is consider ang moh? Japan and taiwan are just prawns in their game.

Aust and NZ is not Asia.

You always talk about Vietnam War.  How about PRC invade Vietnam?

You keep on saying Japan and Taiwan are just prawns.  With an army across the sea having nuclear bomb, what can they do?

Edited by inlinesix

Happy or not, i vote and comment in MCF. I don't riot or beat up innocent. I also don't become a dog like those people and carry another country flag. So why ran road leh. I care for my country not USA. I would like to see a strong aisa because i live here.

There is a vast difference in how matters are being handled

Look at the ban of PMD.  Ppl who rely on PMD to make a living was able to engage respective MPs.  Govt resolved it amicably.

Look at HK.  Despite strong opposition, govt went ahead without properly addressing ppl concern.  Is this the way?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

ilovemycountry.jpg

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

It won't be fair to call you a keyboard warrior as I am sure when you feel deeply about certain issues, you will be out there protesting... online, with your vote or at Hong Lim Park.  So what if none of the above works although more than 60-70% of the people are against it? 

The majority of the HK protestors are peace loving. The rioters should however be punished. But isn't such increasingly violent protests reflective of the failure of successive HK govt to address deeply rooted sociatal issues? 

In China, anti CCP online comments are periodically deleted, self censorship to avoid kopi session is the norm and those deemed to be a significant threat to national security will / can disappear. Think about it and try to understand the predicament of the majority of HK people who are used to enjoying what we have here and much much more. 

People should have the right to protest against injustice and to fight for a better life (copyright - Porker).

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

This kind also can be controversial? Any person should respect own flag and anthem, even for other countries too. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-china-anthem-bill-pass-legislative-council-12802626?cid=FBcna

HK ppl don't think of themselves as Chinese citizens.

Can't blame them, its the upbringing and education system.

That's why they feel totally supportive of what we feel are disruptive/destructive actions.

This will only end a few decades after 2047, when a new generation under true China rule has been brought up.

In the meanwhile, China has to treat them like naughty kids, cane and scold, withhold pocket money. They can't kill their kids and never will these kids love and respect the mother(land).

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

It won't be fair to call you a keyboard warrior as I am sure when you feel deeply about certain issues, you will be out there protesting... online, with your vote or at Hong Lim Park.  So what if none of the above works although more than 60-70% of the people are against it? 

The majority of the HK protestors are peace loving. The rioters should however be punished. But isn't such increasingly violent protests reflective of the failure of successive HK govt to address deeply rooted sociatal issues? 

In China, anti CCP online comments are periodically deleted, self censorship to avoid kopi session is the norm and those deemed to be a significant threat to national security will / can disappear. Think about it and try to understand the predicament of the majority of HK people who are used to enjoying what we have here and much much more. 

People should have the right to protest against injustice and to fight for a better life (copyright - Porker).

Call him God. Because he is so high and mighty. Holier than thou

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
21 hours ago, Voodooman said:

First I don't advocate violence. If each time someone disagrees, then what? Of course that how civil wars erupts. How much do we know about china and Hong Kong? Even within HK, there are splits votes. Let me put this to you. Westerners use forks and spoon, chintz use chopstick, whilst Malay use hands. We cannot insist everyone has to change to forks and spoon right? China didn't forbids HKers from leaving. If they truely prefer forks and spoon, go and best of luck. However, what is happening now in USA is something they should ponder. Haha

Turbocharged
22 hours ago, inlinesix said:

There is a vast difference in how matters are being handled

Look at the ban of PMD.  Ppl who rely on PMD to make a living was able to engage respective MPs.  Govt resolved it amicably.

Look at HK.  Despite strong opposition, govt went ahead without properly addressing ppl concern.  Is this the way?

What is you solution for PMD? Continue or ban? Does the majority of Singaporean wants it banned? For me, definitely not on footpaths meant for people. If they wish to kill themselves on the road, i don't have an answer.

What qualify you to say HK government didn't address people concerns? Is HK part of China? If yes, decision on HK is by 1.4 billion people. We they consider 2 million people opinion only?

Turbocharged
22 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Aust and NZ is not Asia.

You always talk about Vietnam War.  How about PRC invade Vietnam?

You keep on saying Japan and Taiwan are just prawns.  With an army across the sea having nuclear bomb, what can they do?

Australia and New Zealand are clearly pro USA/Britain agree? They are sitting close to us geographically. Sure they can imagine they are europe.

Has USA treated Taiwan and Japan in similar status as Australia and new Zealand? Would their citizens e joy similar treatment when they are in US? What is USA reasons for engaging these 2 countries? I leave you to think.

Border disputes are very common. Did China invaded Indonesia or any country further away like the USA in the past 40 years? In the history of morden China, have they initiated war beside border disputes? Why are there disputes? That is another story. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

What is you solution for PMD? Continue or ban? Does the majority of Singaporean wants it banned? For me, definitely not on footpaths meant for people. If they wish to kill themselves on the road, i don't have an answer.

What qualify you to say HK government didn't address people concerns? Is HK part of China? If yes, decision on HK is by 1.4 billion people. We they consider 2 million people opinion only?

The fate of 1.4bn ppl is not decided by these 1.4bn ppl. Can these 1.4bn ppl decide the fate of HKer?
Under principle of 港人冶港 (which is part of basic law), all local matters are to be decided locally.

Edited by inlinesix

57 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Australia and New Zealand are clearly pro USA/Britain agree? They are sitting close to us geographically. Sure they can imagine they are europe.

Has USA treated Taiwan and Japan in similar status as Australia and new Zealand? Would their citizens e joy similar treatment when they are in US? What is USA reasons for engaging these 2 countries? I leave you to think.

Border disputes are very common. Did China invaded Indonesia or any country further away like the USA in the past 40 years? In the history of morden China, have they initiated war beside border disputes? Why are there disputes? That is another story. 

Singapore-LA flight time is 16hrs

Sydney-LA flight time is 17hrs

You keep on saying Japan and Taiwan are just prawns.  With an army across the sea having nuclear bomb, what can they do?

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The fate of 1.4bn ppl is not decided by these 1.4bn ppl. Can these 1.4bn ppl decide the fate of HKer?
Under principle of 港人冶港 (which is part of basic law), all local matters are to be decided locally.

I don't know what you are thinking. You mean 1.4 billion people are not able to change their government if they are unhappy? Why should the 1.4 billion people let a small population decide they are different and these differences are not acceptable to them? Which country allows their citizens to burn their national flag, for example. 

↡ Advertisement