Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

1 minute ago, Victor68 said:

I don't know what you are thinking. You mean 1.4 billion people are not able to change their government if they are unhappy? Why should the 1.4 billion people let a small population decide they are different and these differences are not acceptable to them? Which country allows their citizens to burn their national flag, for example. 

1.4bn ppl can’t even decide who their 人大代表is. What makes you think that they can change their govt.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore-LA flight time is 16hrs

Sydney-LA flight time is 17hrs

You keep on saying Japan and Taiwan are just prawns.  With an army across the sea having nuclear bomb, what can they do?

The aborigines of both Australia and new Zealand are ang moh that is why they are more ang moh now? Why should china, russia, north korea and probably India attack their neighbours with nuclear? The only country that attack others in modern history is USA with5 he support of you know who. Of course it was the bristish that split up everybody to their benefit. 

3 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

The aborigines of both Australia and new Zealand are ang moh that is why they are more ang moh now? Why should china, russia, north korea and probably India attack their neighbours with nuclear? The only country that attack others in modern history is USA with5 he support of you know who. Of course it was the bristish that split up everybody to their benefit. 

The original ppl of Aust and NZ is NOT Ang Moh. Ang Moh are migrant.

Currently, these is no peace agreement btw CCP and KMT. PLA keep on threatening Taiwan with invasion.

Based on what you said earlier (Taiwan is prawn of USA), what should Taiwan do?

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

The original ppl of Aust and NZ is NOT Ang Moh. Ang Moh are migrant.

Currently, these is no peace agreement btw CCP and KMT. PLA keep on threatening Taiwan with invasion.

Based on what you said earlier (Taiwan is prawn of USA), what should Taiwan do?

If you are Xi, would you take Taiwan by force? What are the benefits of a destroyed taiwan and killing million of fellow chinese? Would a prosperous taiwan trading and assisting china be better?

But all above is no good for USA. Then who buy arms and pay protection money? If taiwan and other asian countries combine with china, USA eat grass liao. So taiwan to US is what? Why did they switch recognition then? 

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

If you are Xi, would you take Taiwan by force? What are the benefits of a destroyed taiwan and killing million of fellow chinese? Would a prosperous taiwan trading and assisting china be better?

But all above is no good for USA. Then who buy arms and pay protection money? If taiwan and other asian countries combine with china, USA eat grass liao. So taiwan to US is what? Why did they switch recognition then? 

To accept my end of the bargain, i would do everything in my power to take Taiwan including annihilating Taiwan.  Taiwan has been inward looking for too long.  it does not assist China in its trade other than SemiCon industry.

Unfortunately, majority of Taiwanese would rather stay at current situation then losing its freedom.

US switch side to pressure USSR.

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

First I don't advocate violence. If each time someone disagrees, then what? Of course that how civil wars erupts. How much do we know about china and Hong Kong? Even within HK, there are splits votes. Let me put this to you. Westerners use forks and spoon, chintz use chopstick, whilst Malay use hands. We cannot insist everyone has to change to forks and spoon right? China didn't forbids HKers from leaving. If they truely prefer forks and spoon, go and best of luck. However, what is happening now in USA is something they should ponder. Haha

I don't think anyone is advocating violence.

The right to protest peacefully is however not a function of what you use to eat. Don't muddle the debate.  I am assuming you are Chinese Singaporean, has using chopstick to eat ever stop you from protesting against PAP FT policy in MCF in the past? 

Now imagine you have no vote, your online protests are ignored (ie. control, alternate and delete policy) and the SCP continues to import cheap foreigners indiscriminately, against the wishes of the majority. You have no money, no job and no future, so what do you do after you have exhausted all options to migrate?  LL sit one corner? 

I believe the HK security law is cast in stone but like I said, I am sympathetic to their flight. But really, nothing another 1-2 generation of patriotic educational system (read: brain washing) cannot reverse. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I don't know what you are thinking. You mean 1.4 billion people are not able to change their government if they are unhappy? Why should the 1.4 billion people let a small population decide they are different and these differences are not acceptable to them? Which country allows their citizens to burn their national flag, for example. 

Cannot change government but can change President and EXCO within CCP by its 90 million members.

Do you know what is the average life of Chinese dynasty and why it seldom last beyond 200-300 years? 

Edited by Voodooman

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

To accept my end of the bargain, i would do everything in my power to take Taiwan including annihilating Taiwan.  Taiwan has been inward looking for too long.  it does not assist China in its trade other than SemiCon industry.

Unfortunately, majority of Taiwanese would rather stay at current situation then losing its freedom.

US switch side to pressure USSR.

Then it is the same question as HK. Would the 1.4 billion let thar few Taiwanese decide how they want? Status quo, nobody is stirring anything yet but independent is suicidal. 

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Can change within CCP by its 90 million members.

Do you know what is the average life of Chinese dynasty and why it seldom last beyond 200-300 years? 

That is why USA is experiencing now. The new era of china is nowhere near that. If you look back on china history. The last 40 years was their best in their entire history of more than 2000 years. If you are one of them, do you want change to the previous or current?

14 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Then it is the same question as HK. Would the 1.4 billion let thar few Taiwanese decide how they want? Status quo, nobody is stirring anything yet but independent is suicidal. 

That 1.4bn cannot even decide their 人大代表🤭

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That 1.4bn cannot even decide their 人大代表🤭

The current indian or the chinese system works better for a more 1 b people with a 2000 years culture? What is your take?

12 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

That is why USA is experiencing now. The new era of china is nowhere near that. If you look back on china history. The last 40 years was their best in their entire history of more than 2000 years. If you are one of them, do you want change to the previous or current?

The golden era of China is Tang and Ming dynasty.

It is an open society encouraging all kind of innovation. In addition, Ming dynasty was peak of China Maritime prowess.

During last 30 yrs, thanks DXP foreign doctrine and JZM Economic policy, PRC flourish. Unfortunately, a Maoist party ascent in 2012. Nobody knows he was deep down.

5 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

The current indian or the chinese system works better for a more 1 b people with a 2000 years culture? What is your take?

With cultural revolution, 2000 years culture gone case liao.

PRC should decide what work best for them.

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With cultural revolution, 2000 years culture gone case liao.

PRC should decide what work best for them.

That is precisely why that managed to reset everything for china which india still continues to have that heavy baggage to carry. Modi couldn't do much and I doubt he has control over everything although he is a good leader.

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The golden era of China is Tang and Ming dynasty.

It is an open society encouraging all kind of innovation. In addition, Ming dynasty was peak of China Maritime prowess.

During last 30 yrs, thanks DXP foreign doctrine and JZM Economic policy, PRC flourish. Unfortunately, a Maoist party ascent in 2012. Nobody knows he was deep down.

Tang and ming did not elevate her population from poverty. Today china has yet to achieve it but definitely surpassed their history. To be 2nd or probably 1st economy of the world is not simple for 1 b people coming from a 3rd world within such a short time. Tell me if you disagrees 

14 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

That is precisely why that managed to reset everything for china which india still continues to have that heavy baggage to carry. Modi couldn't do much and I doubt he has control over everything although he is a good leader.

How many died during Cultural Revolution?
The reset resulted in ppl distrust ppl. I believe that’s not what Modi want.

↡ Advertisement