Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

3 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Freedom has to be inclusive. What you like does mean all must agree. When they attack ordinary people and cause riots that are far worse than what we see in USA or Europe, these are terrorists fighting for outsiders to unsettle their own country. Dogs are even more faithful than them. 

What about country leader who disrespect its constitution?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
10 hours ago, Kopites said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-53296810

Hong Kong security law: Pro-democracy books pulled from libraries

Resemblance China now.

Over there everything can come under the overarching title of "Security". After the streets are cleared, HK security apparatus will move on into campuses too flush out any subversive elements.

Just now, Didu said:

Over there everything can come under the overarching title of "Security". After the streets are cleared, HK security apparatus will move on into campuses too flush out any subversive elements.

Sound like next door Shenzhen

Supercharged
4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

What constitution? It has always been 枪杆子出政权

On 7/4/2020 at 3:53 PM, inlinesix said:

I have fond memories of Beijing. Would love to go back again.

What you left behind?

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

History has proven their citizen will overthrow him. No need others to decide for them he is fit or not. Like Saddam 

Just now, Victor68 said:

History has proven their citizen will overthrow him. No need others to decide for them he is fit or not. Like Saddam 

Currently, Basic law was not respected.  How?

Turbocharged
Just now, inlinesix said:

Currently, Basic law was not respected.  How?

It is your interpretation against their country's interpretation. Would you like to go over to China to challenge this? Why is it that you are challenging China law and not those of USA? When they bomb another country and killed ten of thousands, nothing wrong? 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Victor68 said:

It is your interpretation against their country's interpretation. Would you like to go over to China to challenge this? Why is it that you are challenging China law and not those of USA? When they bomb another country and killed ten of thousands, nothing wrong? 

I am not talking about PRC law.

I am talking about HK law which is governed by its mini constitution.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3090120/hong-kong-national-security-law-former-chief-justice

By the way, do our govt pass any law without giving us chance to see the provision itself?

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I am not talking about PRC law.

I am talking about HK law which is governed by its mini constitution.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3090120/hong-kong-national-security-law-former-chief-justice

By the way, do our govt pass any law without giving us chance to see the provision itself?

Is HK part of China? If you feel HK is not and has right to decides their on own how they wish to govern themselves even if it affects China, then no need to talk liao. They were simply given autonomy by their boss but still has to listen to boss. 

8 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Is HK part of China? If you feel HK is not and has right to decides their on own how they wish to govern themselves even if it affects China, then no need to talk liao. They were simply given autonomy by their boss but still has to listen to boss. 

The autonomy was granted via Basic Law with a 50 years promise.

Can it disrespect its own Mini constitution?

We are talking about law and order le.

Turbocharged
(edited)
34 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The autonomy was granted via Basic Law with a 50 years promise.

Can it disrespect its own Mini constitution?

We are talking about law and order le.

Your boss gave you authority to sign up to $100k. You signed off multiple $100K to overcome the limit. Now you boss says, I need to counter sign, you say cannot, you have given permission before. Look, if want your job, the company can amend their rules to protect it. Otherwise the door is always open. That is what I was told. Haha

Edited by Victor68
  • Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Your boss gave you authority to sign up to $100k. You signed off multiple $100K to overcome the limit. Now you boss says, I need to counter sign, you say cannot, you have given permission before. Look, if want your job, the company can amend their rules to protect it. Not happen the door is always open. That is what I was told. Haha

Currently, what happens in HK is not what you said.

Go & read it up yourself.

Looks like you don't mind backdoor lawmaking.

Slighting off topic. I wonder if most HKers had preferred the Brits to have kept Kowloon and Hong Kong Island and return only New Territory which they are obliged to return to China in 1997. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Currently, what happens in HK is not what you said.

Go & read it up yourself.

Looks like you don't mind backdoor lawmaking.

My understanding is:

1) Basic Law or part of handover agreement - HK supposed to pass a national security law

2) HK tries but always kena sabo or blocked internally

3) China says that in that case, they heck the technicalities and just follow the spirit of the agreement - so they pass the law and apply/impose it on HK

4) Yes it is backdoor but it is achieving the same end-goal in a different way.

So Victor68 example is correct. Don't dwell on technicalities but on the spirit of what was agreed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1