Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Turbocharged

Just chit chat to pass time during this WFH lah. We can't change what is happening at other people own backyard. We can't even change ours within our doorway. Have great weekend but do stay focus on your own future. Haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Victor68 said:

Just chit chat to pass time during this WFH lah. We can't change what is happening at other people own backyard. We can't even change ours within our doorway. Have great weekend but do stay focus on your own future. Haha

Well. We can change our this friday.

Using the right way of course🤣

5 hours ago, Beregond said:

the different between me and those protester is i use my vote as my action instead of terrorizing the city.

they want fight for their right, i give them thumb up, but when they attack innocent, damage public property do they become villains and terrorist?? i say yeah, they deserve to be throw in jail for those action.

but like u say we agree to disagree, so if u feel otherwise, they are not villains, they are freedom fighter, etc bababa.

its perfectly fine with me😁

Yah they can protest peacefully but what they do? Wreck all shops, destroy mtr stations, block the road, occupy legco building, beat other citizens who disagree, attack police officers when asked to leave or protest permit time over. 

so rioters can be ba dao but china who own the land cannot do so? China has given them an inch they ask another yard, now china going to confiscate all, serve them right lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

Documentary by BBC Chinese.

One year anniversary.

In Cantonese with chinses subtitle.

😁 This thread started June 2019. Exactly one year.

Watch in your leisure times.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

8 hours ago, Kopites said:

Documentary by BBC Chinese.

One year anniversary.

In Cantonese with chinses subtitle.

😁 This thread started June 2019. Exactly one year.

Watch in your leisure times.

Some of the ppl still here will find it too bias la.

Supersonic

Seriously, the only way to get democracy for HK is to either brainwash CCP especially XJP or go to war with China. 

Otherwise, riots or protests will not change status quo. China got enuff ppl to replace every HKers. They got so many surpluses, die a few ppl is no waste, to them.

So, all the pro-democracy activists like Joshua Wong and Nathan Leung (? not sure of his surname/ spelling) all fled from HK.

How? Fight from foreign lands? Or eventually die down? 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

I think Beijing's intention is to show the world that it is able to successfully reintegrate HK, a democratic outpost under UK's rule back into China with its economic viability and status intact. It understands bringing Hong Kongers back into the fold is problematic to say the least. And Carrie Lam is not helping things cool down on the ground. Meanwhile, businesses  there are weighing between their existing China market and the impact of US imposing tariff on goods from HK like the rest of China. Will these businesses eventually move out of HK? We have to wait & see.

1 minute ago, Didu said:

I think Beijing's intention is to show the world that it is able to successfully reintegrate HK, a democratic outpost under UK's rule back into China with its economic viability and status intact. It understands bringing Hong Kongers back into the fold is problematic to say the least. And Carrie Lam is not helping things cool down on the ground. Meanwhile, businesses  there are weighing between their existing China market and the impact of US imposing tariff on goods from HK like the rest of China. Will these businesses eventually move out of HK? We have to wait & see.

From XJP 2nd term, CCP is leaning more and more towards Maoism.

Next year, it is CCP Centennial Celebration.

Without successful integration of HK, how to portray in the same league as Mao?
His next target is ROC.

Turbocharged
22 hours ago, Victor68 said:

When the people revoke, bloodshed are inevitable even in the most peaceful mean. The question here is, if these riots are instigation by others through a small section of people to compromise the country, it is not acceptable even it does not concern us directly in Singapore. 

Revolt is always incited by a small group of people. Sun Yat Sen and his team started it. Liu Bei and his followers started it. Who else can we quote as example? What's the difference between these and your unacceptable example?

Supersonic

Beijing security office opens in Hong Kong

A new national security office has been officially opened in Hong Kong, placing mainland Chinese agents in the heart of the territory for the first time.

The office is one element of a sweeping new law which outlaws criticism of China's government.

Hong Kong was, until the law was passed, the only part of China not subject to such policies.

The law has caused alarm in Hong Kong but officials say it will restore stability after violent protests.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-53330650

Next to come in will be Chinese secret police and followed by tanks. [laugh]

• Haha! 1

41 minutes ago, Porker said:

Revolt is always incited by a small group of people. Sun Yat Sen and his team started it. Liu Bei and his followers started it. Who else can we quote as example? What's the difference between these and your unacceptable example?

Sun Yat Sen was once labelled as Useless Youth 廢青

28 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Next to come in will be Chinese secret police and followed by tanks. [laugh]

Since last week (if my memory is correct), HK PLA already screening video of their exercise.

MSS has always been stationed in HK.

2 hours ago, Porker said:

I dun want talk about liu bei, that was ages ago.

but if u are comparing the protester/ rioters to sun yat sen, its really a great insult to sun. i dun want go into details, i leave it at here 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I dun want talk about liu bei, that was ages ago.

but if u are comparing the protester/ rioters to sun yat sen, its really a great insult to sun. i dun want go into details, i leave it at here 

Based on National Security Law, Sun has committed offenses under:

Article 22: Crime of secession;

Article 24: Crime of subverting state power;

Article 29: Crime of colluding with foreign or foreign forces to endanger national security

(edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 6:22 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah they can protest peacefully but what they do? Wreck all shops, destroy mtr stations, block the road, occupy legco building, beat other citizens who disagree, attack police officers when asked to leave or protest permit time over. 

so rioters can be ba dao but china who own the land cannot do so? China has given them an inch they ask another yard, now china going to confiscate all, serve them right lol

The more prominent young activists forced to abandon ship already. Joshua Wong & Agnes Chow withdrew from Demosisto, Nathan Law and Brian Leung ran to AMDK land. 

The chaos to the daily lives of the HKers looks set to die down for the time being. Nathan Law is young and also naive la, such as demanding for President Xi to step down. No way in hell when Xi can already be President indefinitely. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

The more prominent young activists forced to abandon ship already. Joshua Wong & Agnes Chow withdrew from Demosisto, Nathan Law and Brian Leung ran to AMDK land. 

The chaos to the daily lives of the HKers looks set to die down for the time being. Nathan Law is young and also naive la, such as demanding for President Xi to step down. No way in hell when Xi can already be President indefinitely. 

Unlike Mao, he can’t be an indefinite President unless he got Good Report Card.

Edited by inlinesix

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Unlike Mao, he can’t be an indefinite President unless he got Good Report Card.

That will depends on how effectively he can quell the opposing factions within the CCP. 

If Xi is extremely successful, China is going to decline. We just need look at our own backyard and see what happens. 

• Haha! 1