Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

yes we are out of topic, i am no history expert, non i am a china citizen, so i wont want to talk about mao and china history.

back to topic. is there any more riot in hk now??  i didnt see any thing on that, maybe i miss it.

No more riots with the NSL, the money has dried up and poor Joshua has been asking for donations at every opportunity.

Their COVID-19 cases are more important now. Hope they can manage it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

One thing Mao did right was to restore order and peace. War mongers here don't understand that concept of peace because they have never lived through that part in life.

CCP has been evolving in their policies from Mao, Deng, Jiang, Hu and now Xi, but some people are still stuck in history during Mao's time. "Communists BAD!!"

They think their one man one vote system is so superior and what happened? We have a clown elected as President in US.

China's system is about meritocracy. The President won the competition against millions with dreams of sitting on that position. They must go through rounds and rounds of competition and assessment through capability and promotion from the very bottom. We are talking about the cream of the crop. If any of their leaders are not up to the task, then you can be sure that someone competent will be pressuring him out of that role. Democracy always sounds nice when you feel you have the power to vote. However, things are often not as simple as it look.

Going back to the topic, it's only another 27 years to go for HK to be fully integrated into China. People don't like the extradition bill? Big deal?

Now with the NSL, you will see peace and order restored in HK.

5 demands not 1 less? See how that turns out.

We are also 1 man 1 vote.

Currently, NSL is in contradiction with HK Constitution.  Under NSL, there is no way to do judicial review.

Edited by inlinesix

21 hours ago, Beregond said:

u got to be joking if u say ccp didnt fight jap., i can find u countless fact on that, but no point.

its not about i quote this and u quote that.

like i say its all about respect, i totally respect your ideal and pov.

i hope u respect mind, and dun start attacking me sanctions me just because we hold different view😁

Yeah....many fought the war against Japan but some even join them. This happened in Singapore when the Japs came here for Singapore together with another nationality. And i dont understand why some people are still praising them. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_Imperial_Japan_Serviceman

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Vinyl said:

No more riots with the NSL, the money has dried up and poor Joshua has been asking for donations at every opportunity.

Their COVID-19 cases are more important now. Hope they can manage it.

NSL don't not prohibit protest. Is the granting of permit by hkpf (do not object permit) that is hard to come by. 

Couple with the law of social distancing no group gathering that stopped all protests.

Today news in HK.

96 charged for riot and 30 of them the prosecutor can proof (evidence)..some even proof they aren't at that particular 9.29 protest.  

LOL comical.

----------------------------------

9.29 遊行演變成激烈警民衝突, 96 人被控在金鐘一帶暴動。案件今日(12日)在西九龍裁判法院再訊時,控方自揭有 30 名被告沒有實質證據顯示其行為,甚至是顯示他們在暴動現場出現。法官要求控方向辯方解釋檢控基礎,案件押後至 10 月 23 日再訊,各被告准繼續保釋。

This aunty really aircon warrier ..still want to fan biting fire ...

------------------------

香港警方接連以國安法拘捕壹傳媒創辦人黎智英和集團高層,以及香港眾志前成員周庭等共十人,引發國際關注,台灣總統蔡英文表示,留意到香港的情勢進一步惡化,連串拘捕顯示中國可以透過「強加於香港人民」的國安法,侵害香港自由、人權和法治,台灣經歷過從威權走向民主的過程,警告要阻絕人民的意志是「徒勞」而不會成功,再次呼籲北京政府以溝通真誠對話化解矛盾,亦呼籲全世界繼續關注香港的情況。

民進黨今日舉行中常會,身兼黨主席的蔡英文在會前主動談及香港情況,指若香港繼續惡化下去,會造成傳媒寒蟬效應,摧毀香港民主法治,以及在這個基礎上建立的國際金融中心地位和自由市場經濟。

她提到在黎智英被捕、蘋果大樓被警搜查後,「我們看到港人半夜紛紛走上街頭, 排隊搶購報紙」,甚至有人稱就算只是白紙都要買,「真的令人動容」;她表示台灣曾經從威權走向民主,經歷過大逮捕的恐怖氣氛,以至媒體被要求一言堂的時代,清楚知道人民反對專制壓迫,只是為了捍衛自由人權,「企圖阻絕人民的自由意志是徒勞的,不會成功」,民主黨會信守承諾,堅定支持香港人爭取民主自由,和要求政府部門持續提供人道協助。

(edited)
5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Cantonese version. "Bank of China?"👏👏👏👏👏

CL will declare I don't go us for holiday. I don't have us dollars...haha

美國早前宣布制裁 11 名中港官員,包括行政長官林鄭月娥、律政司司長鄭若驊、警務處長鄧炳強、港澳辦主任夏寶龍等,《彭博》引述消息人士報道,在香港有經營業務的三間大型中資國有銀行,中國銀行、建設銀行和招商銀行正採取臨時措施(tentative steps),遵守美國制裁要求,對為這 11 名官員開新戶口採審慎態度,最少一間銀行更已暫停為他們開新戶口,以保障自身美元融資渠道和海外網絡。

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Err... Can they vote out CCP?  Again not saying they are doing a bad job for last 40 years. 

You know CCP place is enshrined in the PRC constitution, right? 

30 million is more than the aggregate death toll of all wars combined after WW2, if my maths is correct. 

Death toll of ww2 is 85m

according to source death of cultural revolution ranging from few m to 20m

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Death toll of ww2 is 85m

according to source death of cultural revolution ranging from few m to 20m

Read my post again. After WW2.

We are lucky US jumped back into the war, otherwise more would have died.

Great leap forward is different from cultural revolution, which started 4 years after, in case you missed that.

The number for great leap forward is as high as 55 millions.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Voodooman said:

Read my post again. After WW2.

We are lucky US jumped back into the war, otherwise more would have died.

Great leap forward is different from cultural revolution, which started 4 years after, in case you missed that.

The number for great leap forward is as high as 50million.

Not lucky usa don’t want to see jap control asia pacific. They are protecting their self interest first. Jap is a threat for them

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

millions die during the starvation that is true, but if u think back at that period, could any 1 do better then ccp? if ccp is not in control of china during that time. the result could be much much worst. china could had already break up again, and more civil war.

Who should decide how big or strong one nation should become one day...when food is one of the basic necessities of humans was already not enough to sustain the very existences of humans.

51 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

https://time.com/5868005/hong-kong-national-security-law-freedom/

No contradiction. Just a necessity to cover the loopholes and kick the saboteurs out of HK. HK was a spy hub.

20200627_001211.jpg

What about Article 23 of HK Constitution?

There are a lot of contradiction btw NSL and HK Constitution 

Andrew Li voiced out his concern prior to enactment of NSL.

The way it was enacted shows that party interest is above the law.

Edited by inlinesix