Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

HK protest is very easy to understand.

You sign a contract for someone to supply you with water for 50 years.

After 20 years they switch off the tap

You song or not?

:grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56560829

Hong Kong: China limits parliament to 'patriots'

China has passed sweeping changes to Hong Kong's electoral rules which will tighten its control over the city.

The number of directly elected seats in parliament has been cut almost by half, and prospective MPs will first be vetted by a pro-Beijing committee to ensure their loyalty to the mainland.

The aim is to ensure only "patriotic" figures can run for positions of power.

Critics warn it will mean the end of democracy, fearing it will remove all opposition from the city parliament.

Waste of time, just install CCP people in HK govt, and call it "democratically elected".

19 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Waste of time, just install CCP people in HK govt, and call it "democratically elected".

I thought both CY & Carrie are CCP ppl

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Eternally loyal to PRC and Party arrangement

😂

E708C6E2-163C-4C54-B5A1-2A66B4EC70FF.jpeg

香港學生寫簡筆字?

👏👏👏👏

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Not learning 殘體字is considered to be backward

🤭

简体is the future, driven by 98% of all mandarin-speaking folks.... just like once ethernet TCP/IP comes out, all the old protocol like AppleTalk/TokenRing have to fall by the roadside.

You and HKies can insult the simplified script all you want (I personally also like traditional script) but you can't fight the overwhelming trend.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, t0y0ta said:

简体is the future, driven by 98% of all mandarin-speaking folks.... just like once ethernet TCP/IP comes out, all the old protocol like AppleTalk/TokenRing have to fall by the roadside.

You and HKies can insult the simplified script all you want (I personally also like traditional script) but you can't fight the overwhelming trend.

I don’t deny that’s the future.
Unlike you, I continue to use 繁體。

Lastly, I don’t use pinyin input.  

On 4/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, t0y0ta said:

Yah using traditional script is simply old mind set. 

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-schools-devote-a-day-to-chinas-national-security?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0k6udOrZA_0A8UpkPdKiTSSt0m4ZapUGbw7JMBWKnL51OzwEERTRCY5ew

From fb comment

“I don’t get it. What was the issue with teaching young kids about patriotism, about criminal act, about what is right what is wrong, about creating positivity? 

That was wrong? Every country does that, suddenly when HK does it media be like OMG that’s communism, that’s forceful.”

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-schools-devote-a-day-to-chinas-national-security?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0k6udOrZA_0A8UpkPdKiTSSt0m4ZapUGbw7JMBWKnL51OzwEERTRCY5ew

From fb comment

“I don’t get it. What was the issue with teaching young kids about patriotism, about criminal act, about what is right what is wrong, about creating positivity? 

That was wrong? Every country does that, suddenly when HK does it media be like OMG that’s communism, that’s forceful.”

永遠效忠中華人民共和國和的安排

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

永遠效忠中華人民共和國和的安排

China system is different from west. Country and party is one. Since when china claim their system similar to usa? Lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

just like my favourite chinese word dragon

龍 vs 龙

its an evolution 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

China system is different from west. Country and party is one. Since when china claim their system similar to usa? Lol

to some ppl their mindset is , as long as different from the west , its inferior not good lousy

👨‍🏭

Just now, Beregond said:

to some ppl their mindset is , as long as different from the west , its inferior not good lousy

👨‍🏭

Mai Tok kok.

Pls be a patriotic to ruling party of Singapore 

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Maybe we should do it here since it is better system than West

Edited by inlinesix

31 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

It is true that 繁體is old mindset.

Unfortunately, not everyone has the ability to learn and write it.

By the way, I don’t use pinyin for Mandarin character input 

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement