Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

3 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I just hope Singapore will not falls into HK housing policies. Smaller and more privatised flats. We need the good old days HDB. Basic, affordable, and available for the citizens. 

Good old days are over bro.

Enjoy a clip of the 90s.

https://fb.watch/8MoSTi5V_v/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Did we want and vote to be like HK housing? Is this what we want our next generations to live in? Time to wake up fellow citizens. 

Sua la bro…I long given up on fellow sinkies liao. 

• Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, happy_man said:

This is a problem all popular urbanised region will experience - Ballooning property price, rich/poor segregation, class-conscious status and gov incompetence. The later in the case of HK has more do with its colonial legacy.

We had similar problem when SG was a British colony then..

jacksonplanethnic.jpg

Somehow this photo remind me of india ,Africa 

😒

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Because India and parts of Africa were once colonised by Brit, who regard their colonial subjects as servants or slaves. Maybe this is the part of History that HK school has fail to teach.

Democracy, Human Rights and Freedom ? 😝

A_British_man_gets_a_pedicure_from_an_In

this is so mild. im sure no killing took place. they just gave pedicures becos they love giving pedicures

• Haha! 2

One consequence on the exodus of  migrants.

Hkers must know 中文 when visit the doc in future. 

--------------------------------

立法會周四(21日)三讀通過引入海外醫生的《2021年醫生註冊(修訂)條例草案》,為引入非本地培訓醫生增加免試註冊途徑。草案最受爭議的,是政府於8月底突然改口,提出三項新修訂,包括放寬門檻至非港人專科醫生來港特別註冊並執業。

曾任醫學會會長、醫學專科學院主席、醫務委員會成員的方津生,一直是政府諮詢對象。他早前接受《眾新聞》訪問,被問到有否就三項新修訂獲諮詢,他表示:「無!呢個突然間開放俾非香港永久居民,一啲都無,完全係突然嚟一個炸彈,無人知。」他形容,從新聞得悉新修訂後的第一反應,是覺得自己蠢,因為很多同行已說了政府信不過。

方津生甚至形容政府破壞了自己的誠信,「完全不可信賴」,「我係少數醫生信任佢嘅,而家證實大多數醫生佢哋係啱嘅,而我係錯嘅,我信錯咗政府。」他及後更即找來林鄭月娥在今年4月份的回信,卻找不到片言隻語承諾不會開放予非港人,遂自嘲:「我係太天真喇,I am too naive,我信咗呢個政府。」

憂特別註冊委員會備受政治壓力

方津生亦表示,擔心負責制定認可院校名單的特別註冊委員會備受政治壓力。根據政府建議,委員會10席當中包括港大、中大醫學院院長、衞生署署長、醫管局行政總裁以及不多於4名由特首委任的成員,他認為:「嗰啲人大部分都一定要聽政府話。」他舉例說,兩間大學的院長如果與政府持相反意見,政府大可不批錢,影響辦學。

• Praise 1

How absurd it get!

Lobsters can bite?

National security threat!😓

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/australia-hong-kong-china-rock-lobsters-security-threat-customs-chief-2259171

HONG KONG: Rampant smuggling of Australian rock lobsters into mainland China is a national security threat, Hong Kong's new customs chief said on Thursday (Oct 21), as she vowed to crack down on the trade.

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Kopites said:

How absurd it get!

Lobsters can bite?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/australia-hong-kong-china-rock-lobsters-security-threat-customs-chief-2259171

HONG KONG: Rampant smuggling of Australian rock lobsters into mainland China is a national security threat, Hong Kong's new customs chief said on Thursday (Oct 21), as she vowed to crack down on the trade.

That's why i said SMLJ also National Security Threat.

Some 50cents army can't understand.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Just use the HK Security Law on these blardy crustaceans lah. Waiting for what?  😁

China’s national security threatened by Australian lobster smuggling, says new Hong Kong customs chief

"Stopping lobster smuggling is a very important part of protecting national security, so we will pursue it diligently," Louise Ho said, weeks after M&Ms and hairclips were deemed a threat.

Rampant smuggling of Australian rock lobsters into mainland China is a national security threat, Hong Kong’s new customs chief said Thursday as she vowed to crack down on the trade.

Lobsters are one of a number of products from Australia that China has restricted imports of as relations between the countries plunged.

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/10/21/chinas-national-security-threatened-by-australian-lobster-smuggling-says-new-hong-kong-customs-chief/

3 hours ago, Kopites said:

How absurd it get!

Lobsters can bite?

It is not the lobsters that bites but if Malaysia turns off our water supply and our government hit back to stop trading with them. However, our merchants continue to support them to buy their products just for their own profit, what should our government do? They all must be together to fight for survival mah. It is a national threat like what USA did on chips and other products. 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

Lobster now tio. I think abalone's next in line.

Coming CNY maybe New Moon price may drop to $10 per can.  😁😋

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Kopites said:

How absurd it get!

Lobsters can bite?

8 hours ago, Didu said:

Just use the HK Security Law on these blardy crustaceans lah. Waiting for what?  😁

China’s national security threatened by Australian lobster smuggling, says new Hong Kong customs chief

"Stopping lobster smuggling is a very important part of protecting national security, so we will pursue it diligently," Louise Ho said, weeks after M&Ms and hairclips were deemed a threat.

Rampant smuggling of Australian rock lobsters into mainland China is a national security threat, Hong Kong’s new customs chief said Thursday as she vowed to crack down on the trade.

Lobsters are one of a number of products from Australia that China has restricted imports of as relations between the countries plunged.

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/10/21/chinas-national-security-threatened-by-australian-lobster-smuggling-says-new-hong-kong-customs-chief/

4688B6B9-95B0-4915-8863-596F1CBB1283.jpeg

(edited)
4 hours ago, Didu said:

Lobster now tio. I think abalone's next in line.

Coming CNY maybe New Moon price may drop to $10 per can.  😁😋

I used to packet abalones back to Singapore and hk. Freeze it in a box and ask the stewardess to put them onboard the flight freezer.

Hope national security law don't come catch me!🤣

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 2

On 10/17/2021 at 12:40 PM, Lala81 said:

hmmm UK is not a good place to work though. Based on my understanding. 
Even white collar jobs don't pay that well compared to other places. And everything is really expensive. Taxation killer.

Just saying. 

And outside of london, racism is a real issue.

But well, immigrants can't be choosers most of the time. All the best to them.

Yet the jarring fact is an immigrant of any colour in UK still has more rights and protection than even a wumao in CCP land... let alone anyone who isn't willing to kneel. 

It seems the illusion is.. "better to be disappeared by your own countrymen than risk hardship/ freedom in another county.." .. as if there's much freedom and no hardship if one just kneels 😑.

Unfortunately... is not unique to wumaos ... our own GCT also called locals who leave quitters.. (cough cough . His daughter)... while ironically welcoming FT with perks many locals can't even smell. 🤣

10 hours ago, Kopites said:

I used to packet abalones back to Singapore and hk. Freeze it in a box and ask the stewardess to put them onboard the flight freezer.

Hope national security law don't come catch me!🤣

You after which abalone again? 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1