Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Yah, after telling those kids off at the airport, he will gather those 5 million, and tell them, "lets make HK great again!".. :a-happy:  [laugh]  [laugh]

After which he play this song on the mega screen behind him!!!  [thumbsup]

after that Job well done, he will go shopping and eat roast goose as planned. 

did marvel create a " Captain Singapore " for their latest / new movie character?  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am waiting with bated breath for the many knowledgeable forumers who fell over themselves, when Vietnam and Cambodia howled in protest over LHL's remarks about historical events, to proclaim with indignation how LHL should have just kept his mouth shut instead of drawing ire on matters which are ostensibly not wholly domestic in nature, to weigh in with similarly enlightening insights about Shanmugam's comments this time around.

Or perhaps it is a case of so long as anything said publicly by our leaders support/do not offend China, it is (surprise surprise) ok.

• Praise 3

after that Job well done, he will go shopping and eat roast goose as planned. 

did marvel create a " Captain Singapore " for their latest / new movie character?  

yah lah, of course mah, The smart ones use brain and mouth, think, talk and eat. The stupid ones go cheong!!!  [scholar]

Marvels will hate him lah, and no "Captain Singapore". However they created a "Captain Hong Kong", but play by ang moh, and on the 2 million side.  [:p]

But no scare no worry, China created a new hero for him, "神算诸葛亮", 短称 "神亮"... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

post-65783-0-83607300-1565664959.png

I am waiting with bated breath for the many knowledgeable forumers who fell over themselves, when Vietnam and Cambodia howled in protest over LHL's remarks about historical events, to proclaim with indignation how LHL should have just kept his mouth shut instead of drawing ire on matters which are ostensibly not wholly domestic in nature, to weigh in with similarly enlightening insights about Shanmugam's comments this time around.

Or perhaps it is a case of so long as anything said publicly by our leaders support/do not offend China, it is (surprise surprise) ok.

I think as an outsider I also feel the same way as shanmugam.. But as an insider on hk side. Especially those who Protest may not think the same way. So it is very difficult for us to judge as we just do not know how exactly those living in Hong Kong felt as compared to us who does not live there.

• Praise 2

I am waiting with bated breath for the many knowledgeable forumers who fell over themselves, when Vietnam and Cambodia howled in protest over LHL's remarks about historical events, to proclaim with indignation how LHL should have just kept his mouth shut instead of drawing ire on matters which are ostensibly not wholly domestic in nature, to weigh in with similarly enlightening insights about Shanmugam's comments this time around.

Pray, share how he should comment on this issue then? That China should grant HK democracy? Or that violence and riots are fine?

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

I think as an outsider I also feel the same way as shanmugam.. But as an insider on hk side. Especially those who Protest may not think the same way. So it is very difficult for us to judge as we just do not know how exactly those living in Hong Kong felt as compared to us who does not live there.

So should Shanmugam have just kept his mouth shut?

Whatever is the end game, the damage is being done and getting worse with each passing day.

There will be winners in this event just that it will not be HK, which is really a pity.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Diu

Did police expect his finger got bitten when hand put into suspect mouth?

Do HK/BJ expect a shutdown of airport after CB eye kenna shot?

Its like going to war and expect not be kill but can only kill people.... diu... they watch too much Hollywood drama.... when the marines kill the enemy by the dozens they are farking heroes..... but 1 farker kena shot cry father cry mother want to nuke the farking place to take revenge.... 

• Praise 2

Well, at least this is video showing in the so called blocked mainland China. Maybe is it meant for internal mainland ppl.

Anyway, this has really inconvenienced a lot of people and businesses. My friend having APAC conference in HK also waiting to be cancelled and wanted to move the meeting to Thailand. Then he told me, Thailand also got bombs recently. Waiting to make decision and see I month end will turn better. Siao liao

Ask your fren come APEC conference in Singapore.

:D

We want more MICE business.

Whatever is the end game, the damage is being done and getting worse with each passing day.

There will be winners in this event just that it will not be HK, which is really a pity.

We will be the winners?

Yeah

Difficult la.. Imagine he kept having repeated request for interview. Rejected once, rejected twice and etc. Sooner or later will still need to say okay for this one time right?

Its about time China take action to end it. Blood will be shed.

This is the worst case scenario. When it happened, see whether USA will suddenly come and make noise or not? High chance they will and then take this chance to impost more stanchion on China. Edited by Yewheng

Some people see from third party point of view.

Some see from HK people point of view.

I can only Xi things from China's point of view.

I maybe a bit bias.

• Praise 2

Should note that

His message was also meant for singaporeans.

He is supporting China's position.

Plus hk is not a sovereign nation that can hurt Singapore.

So in short.. he picked his battle carefully.

Which is more that can be said for other cases.

Lawyer being very careful.

• Praise 1

Difficult la.. Imagine he kept having repeated request for interview. Rejected once, rejected twice and etc. Sooner or later will still need to say okay for this one time right?

Really? You think Shanmugam is not capable of just stonewalling any question that he doesn't wish to answer, however many number of times he is asked? It doesn't mean he refuse to give a response, his response could just be "no comment".

So for discussion purposes, say he really found it impossible to not give a substantive reply and he ends up saying something that displeases China. Would it have been a case of him shooting his mouth off unnecessarily when he could have said "no comment" or the like, or is he excused because his comment was in response to incessant questioning?

A conversation between a barber and a young “democratic” Protestor that took place in a barber shop overheard by the writer of the article below:

Are Hong Kong protestors digging their own grave? 

They are, in a sense, walking towards a life of poverty. Maybe not the grave, but near enough.

Those rioters actually do it for fun. I found it astonishing when a couple of days ago I visited the local barber and while waiting I overheard a conversation between a youngster and the barber. The youngster is a regular of the barber shop.

B: I nearly couldn’t come to work on Monday. There were disturbances everywhere.

Y: Well, that's what you get when you have an oppressive government.

B: So you're a “Yellow Ribbon (a so called “democratic” protestor)”?

Y: Yeah. I was in a lot of the protests fighting the “Black Police (Triad-like Police)”. It was fun.

B: Fun? How could that be?

Y: It's not everyday you get to beat up the Black Police. Ha ha.

B: So what is the ultimate goal of all your actions?

Y: None. I don't want to be a politician. Just want to have some fun and go back to uni afterwards. It's just a real life Zombie Apocalyse, really. We do a lot of planning, coordinating, and execution.  Then we get to go home. The police always let us walk.

B: You're not worried you'll get caught?

Y: Nah, There're too many of us. Besides, that's why we have the masks, hard hats and goggles. We all look the same - no distinguishing marks. And our uni will pay for legal assistance if we're caught. We'll get fined if convicted. No big deal. Besides, you get a lot of street cred if you tell the chicks you're a martyr*. The chicks love it.

*well I'm using the word “martyr” as a translation for “義士” in Chinese, but really it could not exactly be translated as “martyr” because martyrs are usually dead. But I'm lost for a better translation that fits.

The conversation went on.

The goals of the original protests have veered off course severely and the rioters nowadays are actually treating these riots as something akin to an online game! They are careful in trying not to be caught because they're not ready to sacrifice themselves for whatever cause. They're just ready to sacrifice other people's future, and the future of HK, so that they can have fun, and pull some “chicks”. That's both incredible and terrifying.

Their sponsors have told them they would be accused of misdemeanors which means a fine or social service as punishment. What their sponsors didn't tell them is they would get a criminal record, which is for life, and would not be able to join any profession or career that requires a licence or vetting such as a government employee, doctor, lawyer, accountant, estate agent, social worker, security personnel, bank staff or even a hotel manual worker. And they would be charged with rioting, not public misdemeanor, which means years in jail, not just a slap on the wrist.

So, they're not digging their own graves figuratively, because the HK government, the police, or even the Chinese government would not dare to use real force against them. But they're certainly making a good effort to make way for themselves a life of nothing, or even poverty.

↡ Advertisement