Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Unfortunately no press is 100% impartial/natural. Most are bias towards a certain ideology or political party.

Newspapers or media outlets traditionally have been controlled by 3 groups.

a) Political parties or associations

- many of the earlier chinese newspapers in singapore were started by Chinese community here in particular, when the Japanese threat or Communist surge in China

b) Tycoons/businessmen 

- Murdoch is probably the prototypical media tycoon. In the 90s and 2000s, he was considered a kingmaker. He was influential in getting Tony Blair to get elected. He also turned on John Major.

c) State

- our own 154th is the best example 

d) Left or Right

- A good example would be the NYT currently. It's so left that their bias is becoming so self evident. Doubt any conservatives even read that paper anymore.

• Praise 1

Anyone with any sense at all please refrain from going HK for the time being. You really have only yourself to blame if you still insist on making your way there seeing all the violence taking place. Those already there please take care and have contingency plan to leave through other nearby cities if possible. 

What I can see is plain desperate cry for help be it social or political issues, driving ordinary citizens to behave like zombies. Maybe it is good for China to take HK back sooner and do some proper housekeeping to bring it inline with other China cities, to right the wrongs that the rich there have been allowed to profiteer at the expense of ordinary people over the years. Perhaps then the HKers will finally get proper housing and earn decent wagers like the rest of the other China cities, albeit no longer able to stage such exciting protests. But who needs to do protests when the needs of majority are taken care of?

Really hope for a happy ending for now though I know no longer possible. Lets just pray for a better tomorrow for HK instead bah.

• Praise 5

I wondered how our own police would have done.

My only guess from those who had detained and little India, the abuse happens behind close doors.

You expect police to serve them VIP seats, Italian cuisine, and a few ang moh chio bus to hug? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

This type of revolution undercovered protests will not happen in SG, at least I don't see it can happen in the next 20 yrs, because our current leaders will never allow the protest to pass through the the 1st stage of peaceful protest, into a 2nd stage of violent. -_-

Anyone with any sense at all please refrain from going HK for the time being. You really have only yourself to blame if you still insist on making your way there seeing all the violence taking place. Those already there please take care and have contingency plan to leave through other nearby cities if possible. 

What I can see is plain desperate cry for help be it social or political issues, driving ordinary citizens to behave like zombies. Maybe it is good for China to take HK back sooner and do some proper housekeeping to bring it inline with other China cities, to right the wrongs that the rich there have been allowed to profiteer at the expense of ordinary people over the years. Perhaps then the HKers will finally get proper housing and earn decent wagers like the rest of the other China cities, albeit no longer able to stage such exciting protests. But who needs to do protests when the needs of majority are taken care of?

Really hope for a happy ending for now though I know no longer possible. Lets just pray for a better tomorrow for HK instead bah.

oh no, our Enye is still there ENJOYING !!  [laugh]  [laugh]

oh no, our Enye is still there ENJOYING !!  [laugh]  [laugh]

he may have some trouble coming home if this continues. He was "lucky" that his arrival flight was not affected.

Maybe he can drive back from HK  [laugh]

he may have some trouble coming home if this continues. He was "lucky" that his arrival flight was not affected.

Maybe he can drive back from HK [laugh]

Go across Shenzhen and fly back from there.

Dunno if this is true.. But I think the Chinese government is not just sitting there to view the show.. Something gonna happen sooner or later. 

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/hong-kong-protests-convoy-armed-police-arrives-shenzhen-073944693.html?fbclid=IwAR2-CoUagaq3LHYkgKha9tEj1gr5mxOeEP4P8pZuFahndfLJ0QZ1o3iIzpE&fbclid=IwAR1ikUXCK4oX1jOcZsIcqauvI1JQk50yx0Jn0cwySzDulkDy3tjVhEIzcoU

Go across Shenzhen and fly back from there.

Armoured vehicles are lining up there.. go there safer huh? hahha..

• Praise 3

anyone notice this tweet from Trump?

DPzPDno.jpg

shit is going to hit the fan soon

his intelligence is as good as our guess  [laugh]  [laugh]

seriously you guys should stop coming to conclusions based on media reports

currently life goes on as usual and protests are restricted to very few places and largely peaceful. there is no widespread violence as the media would like you to believe

based on what i see on the ground, i don’t believe there is any reason for chinese crackdown happening anytime soon

• Praise 3

given the origins of mooncake, will it be banned in hkg this mid-autumn.

Moon cake? That was at the age where they need to keep their ops as low profile as possible. 

These rioters are posting their ops and plans openly in the 3 HK forums, if ban also is ban Lian teng and those forums used as open communications platform lah...

HK if really want to use cakes as channel of communication also use 老婆饼 lah. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]