Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

seriously you guys should stop coming to conclusions based on media reports

currently life goes on as usual and protests are restricted to very few places and largely peaceful. there is no widespread violence as the media would like you to believe

based on what i see on the ground, i don’t believe there is any reason for chinese crackdown happening anytime soon

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

ang moh buay tahan liao, but at this stage, I think their ang moh embassy also cant help them...  .... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

Looks like i won't be booking a trip to go HK disney next year.

Was deciding whether to try Shanghai vs HK.

Dunno how long this will last and also whether got on-off protest again (which is highly likely, given this simmering discontent)

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Why the undercover mainland policeman so stupid huh?

Keep his police ID in his bag.

He should keep it in his underwear lah.

:D

Best of all he had a I love HK police t shirt in his bag too.

Where to get this I love HK police T shirt huh?

I want to get one for my MIL for her trip to Hong Kong.

Sibei funny how stupid pro Beijing elements are.

First Jason Borne now police pretending to be protesters to give them a bad name.

And not one but 2 under cover policeman caught.

• Praise 1

Agreed don't need PRC crackdown lah.

Only reason it's peaceful now is cos they focus on airport.

Now they do hit and run tactics. I think 1 night, 10 police stations were targeted last week.  When they go back to all over the place flash mob, then u see whether fun or not  [:p]

My prediction outcome of the legco building didnt come true, but I am placing my bet on the same outcome in this airport riot. 

and it is even more comfortable in the airport than in the legco building,  more will come, more will stay, more will stay longer.  There is aircon, big clean space, food, drinks, wifi, etc.  

Let them feel the comfort, let them feel the imaginary victory, feel how great they are, feel the achievement of conquer and capture, feel the greatness of ppl begging to let them go home, and let them fly high to the sky. And when the water level lowers, and the big net appears ard them, it will be like fisherman pulling in the net with their wholesome catches....

And the feeling of crashing down from cloud 9 will be priceless.... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Dunno how long this will last and also whether got on-off protest again (which is highly likely, given this simmering discontent)

I would write off HK in any of my list for the next 3-5 yrs man.... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Why the undercover mainland policeman so stupid huh?

Keep his police ID in his bag.

He should keep it in his underwear lah.

:D

Best of all he had a I love HK police t shirt in his bag too.

Where to get this I love HK police T shirt huh?

I want to get one for my MIL for her trip to Hong Kong.

Sibei funny how stupid pro Beijing elements are.

First Jason Borne now police pretending to be protesters to give them a bad name.

And not one but 2 under cover policeman caught.

Will you be happy if I point out to you that you are wrong again? 

If you are happy then i need to tell you, that man that got rounded up badly with a "I love police" T shirt, is not a undercover mainland policeman, he is a mainland Journalist and that is not a police ID in his bag. 

If you are not happy I say you wrong, pls pretend I didnt say anything, and continue with the stupid police thingy.... [:p]

I really think those stupid HK bias reporters are really making ppl same same stupid as them, you need to get your MIL to follow these stupid HK reporters more...  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I not skeared HK police or China police. I skeared foreign employment for black bag job. Train ride all the way from baektu mountains....

Have to understand the chinese government cannot give way, maybe can save face use rockmt to smooth things over.

There is a large mobile population living on construction sites in China, if these people cannot get their own homes whilst building homes what more can the HK want as Chinese citizens?

They got conned by the colonial govt ala famous eurasian actor's mother by erstwhile British turn Australian war hero dad. The hk ppl became chinese citizens on 1/7/1997, the fifty years is for them to accept it. 武势念,不变。

Cry father mother no use lah.

Only the indians can maybe send in their troops to protect their citizens in hongkong.

No indian boots yet. The angmo only tcss one.

Ash for all you know, the modern day 锦衣卫 ...

Hk police jin cham. Why only Simon Yam?

• Praise 1

Go shanghai better. The city much more vibrant and clean. More things to see than in hk. Maybe i went hk many times so sian ald

I would write off HK in any of my list for the next 3-5 yrs man.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Same i was planning to go hk and macau year end to try out new bridge

Maybe i will go taiwan instead

• Praise 1

They want the whole world to know what is happening in HK, and now they wish is granted. The whole world saw what they did... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Let's look at the protestors' appeal to Western democracies to help their case.

This is the current international geopolitical situation.

Who are the traditional Western democracies who will raise a ruckus?

a) UK (aka the previous step-father)

- Currently, UK maybe heading for a no-deal Brexit which BoJo has promised if he can't get the EU to cave in (which it won't).

If that really happens and BoJo needed to suck some dick to get some semblance of a trade deal, he would... So hence they have enough trouble of their own. And the UK are beggars right now.

b) USA currently playing high stakes poker with China regarding trade war

- Trump said some few words saying it's an internal problem. I really really doubt anyone in HK (even the most naive person there) thinks Trump genuinely give 2 hoots about HK.

- sure got some rhetoric going on right now due to the photo of the US diplomat. But Trump is more concerned about business and his upcoming elections in 2020 (though he's probably confident of victory)

- note that only Pelosi and Bolton has waded into the issues. None of the Democratic front-runners have said anything.

c) Germany

- Merkel is heading out in 1-2 years time. Germany is highly reliant on exporting to China. Given the global doom and gloom about trade, would u want to piss off the 2nd biggest nation in the world and the 2nd biggest buyer of your nice shiny BMW, Mercs and Audis.

d) Canada

- who cares about Canada really. If it wasn't for Justin Trudeau's handsome face, won't even get any press. And his govt is in domestic trouble after he did something very naughty

e) France - Macron has enough labour unrest and EU problems on his own plate.

f) JP and Korea are asian and not stupid enough to get screwed over by China for a city. Anyway they are having some hostility towards each other currently.

A small city-state (or SAR in this case) is highly dependent on prevailing geopolitics and relevance to the world. Let this be a lesson to SIngapore. We must ALWAYS be relevant.

• Praise 11

Go shanghai better. The city much more vibrant and clean. More things to see than in hk. Maybe i went hk many times so sian ald

Same i was planning to go hk and macau year end to try out new bridge

Maybe i will go taiwan instead

You go 相亲?

Taiwan girl not bad.

The voice tay tay one.

You will love them.

good luck.

[:p]

• Praise 4

No longer legal to protest in airport.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Hong Kong protests: Flights resume as airport authority restricts protests - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-49340584

still have small number of the protesters sitting at the arrival hall with posters occupying quite a big area of floor space.

still have small number of the protesters sitting at the arrival hall with posters occupying quite a big area of floor space.

some areas are restricted. Dunno how much. haha i don't watch all these HK news videos/livefeed.

poor kids, they don't even know what the hell are they doing.

no manufacturing base, no technology, no natural resources...all they have is financial which can be easily taken over by Greater Bay Area in

due time.

my guess it will be extreme difficult for these kids to seek employment in mainland china after this hoohar, and hk economy will be heading

nowhere.

• Praise 3

HKMAO spokesman in earlier pressers was seated...the latest one on his feet.

CL latest presser yesterday faced the media alone...

Ready for fireworks...for the betterment of majority peaceful HKers

• Praise 1

poor kids, they don't even know what the hell are they doing.

no manufacturing base, no technology, no natural resources...all they have is financial which can be easily taken over by Greater Bay Area in

due time.

my guess it will be extreme difficult for these kids to seek employment in mainland china after this hoohar, and hk economy will be heading

nowhere.

That's the price to pay for stupidity. 

↡ Advertisement