Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Economy no good Carrie also pah si beh chow.

Maybe after this she cannot find  another job. 

:D

Hang on to you job tight tight Carrie. 

We all support you. 

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Sorry hor!  I read some good articles from HK01, Stand News, Inkstone & SCMP.

As you said, some and that few agencies. So the rest are as good in your opinion?

4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

quick question:

the CL leaked sound recording is when CL talking to who ar? 

the whole conversation is in English

Thought she's talking to business leaders in HK. Probably some british executives around, that's why she used english.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Nlatio said:

How to reconcile when their demand is almost impossible to be met... like one want to eat roast duck, roast meat, the other want to eat vegetarian.... diff to far...😅

hahaha this is quite a good analogy.

• Praise 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-weekend-carrie-lam-11879038

Was reading the News report and the following paragraph caught my attention.

"Many protesters remain angry over Lam's refusal to grant an independent inquiry into perceived police brutality against protesters. Police have fired tear gas and bean bag rounds at protesters, who in turn have thrown petrol bombs and bricks at police in running battles across the Asian financial hub."

This seems to imply that the protesters throwing pertol bombs was reacting in defence to the tear gas fired by the police. How true is this? I always felt is the other way round.

Edited by Sx4falcon
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Not media fault. Is ppl easily believe media. 

It all boils down to how official news and information should be announced. It is also the control and responsibility of agencies given the permit to broadcast such information. 

If government bodies use social media, then public are supposed not to believe or use own judgement after reading, isn't that very confusing? At least if you are reading from the PM Office's official website,  you know unlikely to be hacked. Of course you can choose not to agree lah.

If agencies can easily get their licence and anyhow report, it can cause chaos. I am not sure why government wants to permit this. Surely they should be held responsible. Like what our PM is suing lah. HK version, i also don't know how to describe. Best to leave it to them to sort out.

1 hour ago, Sx4falcon said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-weekend-carrie-lam-11879038

Was reading the News report and the following paragraph caught my attention.

"Many protesters remain angry over Lam's refusal to grant an independent inquiry into perceived police brutality against protesters. Police have fired tear gas and bean bag rounds at protesters, who in turn have thrown petrol bombs and bricks at police in running battles across the Asian financial hub."

This seems to imply that the protesters throwing pertol bombs was reacting in defence to the tear gas fired by the police. How true is this? I always felt is the other way round.

What more do these protesters Want? 

Carrie already promise the police will investigate the police to see if the police did anything wrong. 

They still not happy. 

Protesters are just too demanding. 

And I can tell you the investigation report now. 

The police didn't do anything wrong. 

Only the protesters did everything wrong. 

So the investigation will be just a waste of time. 

The problem is Carrie Lam

She is too kind and soft hearted. 

You can see she love the people of Hong Kong. 

They ask to withdraw the bill she withdraw the bill. 

They ask for the police to be investigated she agree to investigate the police. 

What more do these people want? 

Edited by Jamesc

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

What more do these protesters Want? 

Carrie already promise the police will investigate the police to see if the police did anything wrong. 

They still not happy. 

Protesters are just too demanding. 

And I can tell you the investigation report now. 

The police didn't do anything wrong. 

Only the protesters did everything wrong. 

So the investigation will be just a waste of time. 

Whatever reports come out to say police no fault or even didn't totally condemn the police, these protesters sure will say the reports is bias. Then another round of protests plus riots again.....

• Praise 4

Well these rioters want an 'independent ' report to say the riots were done in a peaceful way. They were just playing with fire and then police wack them for no reasons. Public were so happy they don't need to work or go to school. What is the fuss, the party is still on. Haha

• Praise 3

Come on lah every one with a brain to think 

If no protesters do you think the police will go and bash them up? 

No protesters no one to bash up right. 

It's all the Hong Kong people fault. 

Not the police fault. 

5 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Well these rioters want an 'independent ' report to say the riots were done in a peaceful way. They were just playing with fire and then police wack them for no reasons. Public were so happy they don't need to work or go to school. What is the fuss, the party is still on. Haha

Don't anyhow use the word riots hor.

There are no riots, only peaceful protest and fire crackers. All the violents were all the doing of undercover cops.

haha

These protesters really too much. 

They deserve a good beating by the police. 

The police should beat and kick them more. 

They deserve it 

I support Carrie. 

Just now, Sx4falcon said:

Don't anyhow use the word riots hor.

There are no riots, only peaceful protest and fire crackers. All the violents were all the doing of undercover cops.

haha

You are the only one talking sense here. 

All the other people here just talk rubbish. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

it’s yes and no

yes because protesters were getting rowdy and damaging things. police need to clear street, so police fire tear gas first and protesters retaliate. 

no because protesters throw bombs and set fire. police has no choice but to fire tear gas and rubber bullets. 

it’s all about how media spin story and edit the video to suit the title

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1