Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

16 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Not in a deeply divided society.

It is either you are on my side or not on my side.  There is no in btw.

This is what's happening in HK now.

that why i say they not real friend, real friend accept each other. when i reach 40+ i realise i got a small handful only, and that is more then enough.

and like our bro say, this kind of act is not democracy at all.

real democracy is able to respect each other views and differences

this type of behaviour is more communist then communist

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

that why i say they not real friend, real friend accept each other. when i reach 40+ i realise i got a small handful only, and that is more then enough.

and like our bro say, this kind of act is not democracy at all.

real democracy is able to respect each other views and differences

this type of behaviour is more communist then communist

Well, CE was handpicked by the communist

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Well, CE was handpicked by the communist

i am talking about what is real friend here.

wth does CE  got to do with what real friends mean??

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

i am talking about what is real friend here.

wth does CE  got to do with what real friends mean??

Maybe the real friend was an undercover cop posing as a protestor?

If CE was not elected, this entire 6 month episode might not happen at all.

5 hours ago, Beregond said:

I kind of agree with you.  But it's kind of weird.  Friends are friends.   Now we have to divide between true friends, not so true friends, fake friends, fair weather friends, friends for life, friends of convenience etc.

I heard before if you have 5 "true friends" in your life, you are a very lucky person.  And if one of your "true friends" is also your spouse, you are very very lucky and  blessed.

Ok.  Diverted topic liao.

Hong Kong is deeply divided.  There seems to be no turning back.

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I kind of agree with you.  But it's kind of weird.  Friends are friends.   Now we have to divide between true friends, not so true friends, fake friends, fair weather friends, friends for life, friends of convenience etc.

I heard before if you have 5 "true friends" in your life, you are a very lucky person.  And if one of your "true friends" is also your spouse, you are very very lucky and  blessed.

Ok.  Diverted topic liao.

Hong Kong is deeply divided.  There seems to be no turning back.

hk need to have a big reset. it will take time,  what go up alway come down, hk have been up there for very long, those so call 'pro democracy' ppl just shorten the time for hk to fall.

judging from the non action from china, it seem china is ok to leave hk 1 side play itself out and slowly reset.

as long as there is no independent act , i doubt they will give much damn about hk anymore. they got 1b over ppl to care about.

quite sad, but the fact is hk is no longer the star or favourite child of china.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

Maybe the real friend was an undercover cop posing as a protestor?

If CE was not elected, this entire 6 month episode might not happen at all.

I think if british nvr return hk to china this 6 months episode wont happen

• Haha! 2

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-gives-protesters-green-light-for-big-march-on-sunday-12156312

Let's hope it will be zero tear gas, zero rubber bullets and zero riots/violence this Sunday.

At least one of the pro-democracy camp said that unseating CL will only aggravate the situation and posed more serious problems for HK.

Stalemate may be a blessing in disguise. At least it may mean peace for a season.

Yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 2

hkee is more polarized than

amdk usa ah trump kor ... supporter vs hater

amdk uk brexit ....  leave vs remain

there is no end to it unless a major shift that one side has to “stand down” for whatever reason 

and the side gotta stand down is quite  “apparent” ... isn’t it? [sly]

Edited by Wt_know

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/hong-kong-protests-rising-china-clashes-with-west-youths-taiwan-12144252

Two interesting points shared in article :

1. HKers thought China will eventually become more like HK under the one country, TWO systems rule while 

2. Mainlanders' focus is on the ONE country aspect and felt that HKers left to continue on current path may actually be Beijing's "waking up" call for HK.

Yada-ing 

Safe ride and peaceful weekend guys.

Cheers 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/hong-kong-protests-rising-china-clashes-with-west-youths-taiwan-12144252

Two interesting points shared in article :

1. HKers thought China will eventually become more like HK under the one country, TWO systems rule while 

2. Mainlanders' focus is on the ONE country aspect and felt that HKers left to continue on current path may actually be Beijing's "waking up" call for HK.

Yada-ing 

Safe ride and peaceful weekend guys.

Cheers 

During drafting of Sino-UK declaration, DXP thought that PRC will eventually moves toward HK in terms of openness. DXP nvr thought that anyone would roll back his political reform. PRC is going back to the era of Maoism.

I had mentioned numerous times in the unreconcilable difference in the concept of 1 country 2 system. With emphasizing the importance of patriotic education in PRC, 1 country is top priority for PRC. For HKer, 2 system is top priority.