If you can drive any car from SG to Penang, what would it be

For me? Nissan Sunny or Nissan Presea would do. No need anything fancy.

Yes need to consider reliability factor. I don’t think i dare to drive almost scrap bmw to penang lol
↡ Advertisement

Whatever the make & power, as long as the car is stable at speeds of >160kph & without straining, it makes a doable comfortable 1 day drive.

Just sharing personal drive experience to places as near as Malacca to Ipoh & Penang in a day (6-8 hrs) & Thailand. Done them all in SUVs, sedans & coupe.

SUV is ok for short drive like Malacca. Beyond that, would say that sedan/coupe more comfy.

But for practical reasons like having to ferry more passengers, then have to use my brother's MPV. Just need to forget abt getting pleasure fr the drive; its about getting fr one point to another.

Why is that sedans are more comfortable than SUV for long drive?

Nothing to boast, any car will do.

I drove a Getz to Hatyai.

I supposed the Getz will do the job of moving from A to B. 

But in terms of comfort and a form of driving enjoyment, it may not be the weapon of choice.

In terms of spartan and does the job. Yes, it does it. Cramp and comfort may take a back seat in the equation.

In terms of safety is one aspect to note.

You wont want to be iffy if you take a B road and over take a trailer who signal to the left and only find yourself facing with an on coming vehicle, due to the lack of oomph when you change down.

Whatever the make & power, as long as the car is stable at speeds of >160kph & without straining, it makes a doable comfortable 1 day drive.

Just sharing personal drive experience to places as near as Malacca to Ipoh & Penang in a day (6-8 hrs) & Thailand. Done them all in SUVs, sedans & coupe.

SUV is ok for short drive like Malacca. Beyond that, would say that sedan/coupe more comfy.

But for practical reasons like having to ferry more passengers, then have to use my brother's MPV. Just need to forget abt getting pleasure fr the drive; its about getting fr one point to another.

I did a similar trip to malacca and on my way back had encounter a group of Mat Rampit ( more than 10 ) and was hoping not to get into any unforseen situation. 

So had to either fall back or drive really fast to get out of sight.

So a decent amount of get up and go is required and not a Need for speed exercise for boosting ego would be a welcome bonus in the trip.

• Praise 1

Maybe 3 diff road trip

Road trip 1 at 110kmh

Road trip 2 at 160kmh

Road trip 3 at 250kmh

Can have another one (Road trip 4) that's keep at constant speed of 90 km/h ... :secret-laugh:

I don't goes beyond 110 km/h as I enjoy the sceneries and usually drives around 90 ~ 100 km/h.

Its a long trip (8 ~ 10 hrs driving) up to Penang, why speed & stress yourself ?  :wacko:

Just relax  [drivingcar]  

• Praise 1

Drove to Penang in a Honda Crossroad, Cameron / Ipoh in Skoda Superb and Genting in Honda Stream, each have their pros and cons.

Sedan (Superb) is really comfortable for long distance drive, while SUV (Crossroad) is very versatile when come to B road driving, as well as over tougher terrain. MPV (Stream)... Space and nothing much else.

So I would like to try this if $$$ is not an object.

bentley_bentayga_speed.jpeg

• Praise 11

I am not a fast driver,  I would be damn happy with any conti car like a  E300 or a 530 and above to cruise at 110km/h in less  than 2,000 RPM effortlessly. 

Yes, I would agree with you, the space for the luxury sedan (like E300, 530i) would be sufficient for a family of 4 peoples. If you needed to travel in more space and comfort, then I would think that getting a Luxury MPV would be good.

• Praise 1

(edited)

forgiato-custom-wheel-rollsroyce-cullinaNot lambo anus? Lol

That's just a tarted up VW group vehicle. RR Canninan is a true blue RR Phantom chassis. For long distance drive, comfort > sportiness

+ SUV because visibility for traffic. 850nm good enough for me.

post-26533-0-71662400-1560484819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 4

Suv higher seating, so shake shake more and not as planted feel as sedan.

Like the way you describe 'shake shake more', got me visualising the movement. Lol.

Why is that sedans are more comfortable than SUV for long drive?

No matter how luxurious & powerful SUV is, the higher ride & stiffer suspension do make some difference in ride & drive comfort. IMO.

And I can drive in a more recline position in sedan/coupe compared to in a SUV.

• Praise 4

Like the way you describe 'shake shake more', got me visualising the movement. Lol.

No matter how luxurious & powerful SUV is, the higher ride & stiffer suspension do make some difference in ride & drive comfort. IMO.

And I can drive in a more recline position in sedan/coupe compared to in a SUV.

Shake all the way to penang [<3]

Turbocharged

for long dist drive, yes comfort is a priority for me. Next to reliability lol

if just going highway n park at hotel, then yeah less considerations to worry about.

if planning to go off the beaten path, then need to consider ground clearance and approach/departure angles. Some of the durian farms in penang need a 4wd (or bike) if planning to go up into the hills/farms. Once I had to leave my car at the main road cos my car can't go in. And then I saw a Hilux driving out on my way in.

if rainy/flood season, take Hilux or Defender lol

• Praise 1

for long dist drive, yes comfort is a priority for me. Next to reliability lol

if just going highway n park at hotel, then yeah less considerations to worry about.

if planning to go off the beaten path, then need to consider ground clearance and approach/departure angles. Some of the durian farms in penang need a 4wd (or bike) if planning to go up into the hills/farms. Once I had to leave my car at the main road cos my car can't go in. And then I saw a Hilux driving out on my way in.

if rainy/flood season, take Hilux or Defender lol

That's why pickup truck is the "SUV" in Malaysia

• Praise 2