If you can drive any car from SG to Penang, what would it be

Use Waze to find SS2 Durian lor.

The famous store is behind SEA park Police Station.

It should be packed every night for these few mths.

oh, can arrh? tks...

nearby got easy parking?

am trying to see how to dun use too much data leh. Looks like can't avoid [sweatdrop]

Scenic??? Petronas Twin Towers or KL Tower consider scenic?

I dont have problem with parking in Bukit Bintang, KL. I always park in the hotel I staying or KLCC. Then take monorail, free bus or taxi around. The only other part of KL I visited was Cheras for the Chilli Pan Mee. Parking is free but limited. I went at non peak hours.

Yup, think should go Twin Towers.

apart from basement carparks, if there's road side parking, need to pay, and if so, how huh?

↡ Advertisement

oh, can arrh? tks...

nearby got easy parking?

am trying to see how to dun use too much data leh. Looks like can't avoid [sweatdrop]

Waze use very little data.

SS2 durian is located within SS2 food district.  It's not ez to find parking during day time or dinner time.

Need to go round and round and round.

• Praise 1

apart from basement carparks, if there's road side parking, need to pay, and if so, how huh?

Road side parking very few, it is those coin type one. Otherwise got an unofficial  jarga sitting somewhere and collect a standard parking fee.

• Praise 3

Road side parking very few, it is those coin type one. Otherwise got an unofficial  jarga sitting somewhere and collect a standard parking fee.

To avoid the hassle, either ignore Summon or download "jomparking" app.

Nowadays, enforcement use wheel clamp.

oh, can arrh? tks...

nearby got easy parking?

SS2 is quite big but very packed during weekends, go in the afternoon. Unlike SG, whereby the best non johor durians only arrive at night, you can get very good durians after lunch.

Just park at hotel and take taxi or Grab for nearby places if you are not familiar with KL.

• Praise 2

Actually i feel less tired in an SUV after a really long distance drive due perhaps to the seating position but apple to apple, a sedan is definitely more comfortable. A sedan is usually a little more insulated and less bumpy (less body roll), especially at high speed.

I agree that SUV is less tired. Nowadays most SUV are designed for roads and not for off road anyway, less bumpy than previous generations for sure. Last time drive sedan, my wife never slp, now drive SUV she just slp all e way....
  • Praise 4

Waze use very little data.

SS2 durian is located within SS2 food district.  It's not ez to find parking during day time or dinner time.

Need to go round and round and round.

hmm... ok. A colleague recommended drive out to find a Jimmy Durian that's near Genting. Will ask wife to choose.

Any chance you know which is better?

To avoid the hassle, either ignore Summon or download "jomparking" app.

Nowadays, enforcement use wheel clamp.

wah, this is same as our parking app? Can use anywhere in KL for roadside parking arrh? Only those marked-out lots right?

SS2 is quite big but very packed during weekends, go in the afternoon. Unlike SG, whereby the best non johor durians only arrive at night, you can get very good durians after lunch.

Just park at hotel and take taxi or Grab for nearby places if you are not familiar with KL.

Are you a durian fan? How is this SS2 c.f. Jimmy's Durian, do you know? A colleague recommended Jimmy...

hmm... ok. A colleague recommended drive out to find a Jimmy Durian that's near Genting. Will ask wife to choose.

wah, this is same as our parking app? Can use anywhere in KL for roadside parking arrh? Only those marked-out lots right?

Are you a durian fan? How is this SS2 c.f. Jimmy's Durian, do you know? A colleague recommended Jimmy...

I don't eat lulian.  No idea whether good or not.

Jimmy Durian is way off from Genting (based on google map).  From KL, you need to drive about 1hr.

I think it is Durian plantation.  Since you are near Karak, might as well drive into Karak and stop at roadside durian store to eat.

Turbocharged

jimmy's Orchard is just off karak highway.

I went a few times over the years. Now very commercial but can pop by go see since it's convenient.

Other option is to drive to Bentong Town for the morning/evening market. Will be cheaper and more small town feel. If u have time, can go Raub or even up Fraser's hill.

if wanna eat in KL, there's SS2 and also Say Heng. These are just road side stores but more convenient.

(edited)

it’s not about easier

it’s about clear carbon

if you have 300bhp/400nm ponies stuck inside the car

the pent up “ohmp” need to release the kraken once awhile ... [laugh]

it’s not about the destination

it’s the journey

if destination is go penang jiak ckt and laksa ... i also take plane ... lol

just like car ads that driver want to drive out to buy a bottle of milk ... [laugh]

Go to Penang? I would take the airplane actually.

Easier.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

I don't eat lulian.  No idea whether good or not.

Jimmy Durian is way off from Genting (based on google map).  From KL, you need to drive about 1hr.

I think it is Durian plantation.  Since you are near Karak, might as well drive into Karak and stop at roadside durian store to eat.

ha ha ha... ok, actually i'm not a big lulian fan either, but bo bian as my other half is...

wah, roadside eat lliulian... that's a ... let's say refreshing idea - never thought of it [sweatdrop]

may yet stick to those places within KL, if we don't really have a lot of time to roam around outside.

I agree that SUV is less tired. Nowadays most SUV are designed for roads and not for off road anyway, less bumpy than previous generations for sure. Last time drive sedan, my wife never slp, now drive SUV she just slp all e way....

Your words really helps [laugh]

Will be able to tell whether SUV is comfortable or not this weekend...

Don't mean to offend but maybe last time she was younger and now older, gets tired easily and hence sleep more.

Or your driving skill has gotten better, for a smoother ride.

jimmy's Orchard is just off karak highway.

I went a few times over the years. Now very commercial but can pop by go see since it's convenient.

Other option is to drive to Bentong Town for the morning/evening market. Will be cheaper and more small town feel. If u have time, can go Raub or even up Fraser's hill.

if wanna eat in KL, there's SS2 and also Say Heng. These are just road side stores but more convenient.

ok great - will choose between these 4 for the durian then.

only a short trip this time, so won't be venturing too far from KL. But these few days ask around, seems like got no shortage of people driving all over MY... maybe we'll do more of this in the future if the family likes it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1