If you can drive any car from SG to Penang, what would it be

I would definitely love a sport car, but my back cmi...so here it is

(I am not paid for advertisment ð)

I think this is the most value-for-money D segment ride in Singapore at $109,999 (newspaper,1.5L(T) petrol version:apparently 0 VES for now)

Having sat in this while in Perth (ok...I know thats a 2.0L (T)),I felt that this is a decent car as its ride is quite composed (at least for me).

Moreover,it has a large boot.Good for putting your MIL in, @Jamesc ð

But for now...i should stick to my C-Segment sedan I have at home.

(The Insignia was too expensive then)

1.5L will be a strain in high speed, at least 2L turbo needed. Maybe harrier turbo or skoda superb
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

would love to try the F V12s some day.

did you find the 430 or 458 too loud and/or uncomfortable for such a long trip?

Did a trip to Krabi with the club with 30 F cars , drove the 458 that time . Comfortable enough for the GF to be sleeping for the most of the drive. 

Went Ipoh recently after collecting the X3 , she also mentioned that the 458 is more comfortable , seats and drive wise as compared to the X3 lor .  

Loud wise , or safety wise , i do quite abit of long road trips to Malaysia and Thailand , never had any issues , even when its just my car with myself and the gf . I do the usual stuffs , such as , only stopping for petrol or pee break at big rest stops , lock car whenever i get out of it and stuffs , touch wood , never had a single issue before .   

My F cars are white or black , never had red / yellow , so maybe that helps ..... 

You thinking about getting a F car ?? you cannot go wrong with the 458 , better still the 458 speciale . 

I had seller's remorse less than 1 month after selling my 458 after 2 years of ownership .    

• Praise 3

(edited)

1.5L will be a strain in high speed, at least 2L turbo needed. Maybe harrier turbo or skoda

superb

Your suggestion is seriously conidered, but for someone that is previously driving a 1.5/1.6L NA, i believe that 1.5T is an upgrade, to a smaller extent.

I am still stuck with the 1.6L sedan (above) for now, and most likely wont change until 2027 (hopefully no accident in the way)

Edited by Brass

(edited)

Whatever the make & power, as long as the car is stable at speeds of >160kph & without straining, it makes a doable comfortable 1 day drive.

Just sharing personal drive experience to places as near as Malacca to Ipoh & Penang in a day (6-8 hrs) & Thailand. Done them all in SUVs, sedans & coupe.

SUV is ok for short drive like Malacca. Beyond that, would say that sedan/coupe more comfy.

But for practical reasons like having to ferry more passengers, then have to use my brother's MPV. Just need to forget abt getting pleasure fr the drive; its about getting fr one point to another.

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 10

wonder if MCF will setup a road trip with the car company for us to drive to penang. Obviously we will need to pay for the expense.

Like maybe drive to the Toyota Plant in Thailand and maybe go on the proving track.?

Maybe 3 diff road trip

Road trip 1 at 110kmh

Road trip 2 at 160kmh

Road trip 3 at 250kmh

• Praise 1

Maybe 3 diff road trip

Road trip 1 at 110kmh

Road trip 2 at 160kmh

Road trip 3 at 250kmh

Road trip 1 group will need rest stop every 50km. Haha
  • Praise 1

I drive this car to Penang 2x. Car has extra sound proofing so relatively comfy bec not noisy.

For any non stop drive more than 500km, a less bumpy and quieter car is better.

The thrill of driving fast above 200kmh will go off after passing malacca bec the loud exhaust note, the engine roar and the constant small vibration will fatigue the ear and mind

post-24802-0-21139700-1560427089_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Well, with my girlfriend, I can go for a long drive and the car must be my favorite BMW 2 series active tourer. I will be happy if I go someday there with my fiance,she drives better than me. [:)]  

I've driven my previous M135i to Penang (Batu Ferringhi). Probably the closest to the car you're thinking about (the engine is identical to that in the standard M2 but the competition has a different engine). Nice drive, we went up with the whole family and with the rest of the M club. We stopped overnight at KL Westin though.

With an M car, no issues with overtaking etc. of course. You can easily reach speeds well in excess of 200 if you're so inclined. But I preferred to rent a low profile car and drive around in Penang while leaving my own car parked at the resort.

Turbocharged

I drive this car to Penang 2x. Car has extra sound proofing so relatively comfy bec not noisy.

For any non stop drive more than 500km, a less bumpy and quieter car is better.

The thrill of driving fast above 200kmh will go off after passing malacca bec the loud exhaust note, the engine roar and the constant small vibration will fatigue the ear and mind

nice... I miss both my previous Foresters [smallcry]

took this pic in North Thai a few mths ago

post-111352-0-17489000-1560429180_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Nothing to boast, any car will do.

I drove a Getz to Hatyai.

For me? Nissan Sunny or Nissan Presea would do. No need anything fancy.
  • Praise 3

Yeah... If possible, C6 with v6 3.0 Diesel. Plenty of poke and comfort to float to Penang... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1