Toyota Corolla Altis AB error causing ECU to restart

ismailmiller

(edited)

Hi guys,

My car had this error while driving on MCE on tuesday, I stopped my car at the side of the exp to restart the car but still the same. I decided to continue the journey as it did not affect my car driving. Finally reached my destination and open up the hood. Found one of the battery wire connector slightly loosen and tightened the screw. Tried to restart the car and problem went away but came back after a minute later. I decided to ignore it.

It hasnt come back since and I drove the car the past two days without this error. Any thoughts what could cause this?

post-168086-0-91726400-1560436722_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement

The error code will still be stored in the ecu even though the warning light is off now. Only with an obd diagnostic tool you will be able to retrieve the error code to decipher what triggered the code.

FYI nowadays all car computers work this way. It's only when the issue isnt resolved then the warning light keeps coming back. A diagnostic test from any workshop will cost you...I dunno how much since I dunno what car you are driving. Investing some money on an obd diagnostic tool you will still need some mechanic experience to decipher the code. Sometimes the error code is not that straight forward. It could be other parts that trigger the code. LoL...

If I'm not wrong the code should be telling you some connection error.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Taobao WiFi dongle plus whatever free obd2 app. Is the cheapest. Max $10!

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement