NDP 2019

Adrianli

Maybe it is due to CR not preview? Preview fun pack should have all the items packed included the poncho? Only the bun is distributed separately.

maybe got poncho. my wife found one pack just now with it.

But they distributed ponchos anyway. So maybe we didn't look hard enough. The seats are adequate and way better than sitting on some bench, but u won't really call them comfortable.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

maybe got poncho. my wife found one pack just now with it.

But they distributed ponchos anyway. So maybe we didn't look hard enough. The seats are adequate and way better than sitting on some bench, but u won't really call them comfortable.

The seats in pandang and floating stage different?

The seats in pandang and floating stage different?

From what i recall since it's 11 years ago since i did NDP at floating stage, the viewing gallery there is more like regular stadium seats. more legroom.

The padang one is adequate but tighter lor and some of the rows can be quite long.

In the area i'm seated in the central area facing national gallery, the row is like almost 30 seats in 1 row.

Actually I suspect the mobile column is planned to like show some nationalistic price to our own populous... Mahathir will probably fall asleep. Haha doubt he cares what we display.

After all the maritime issues where we didn't do anything except post the navy or coast guard vessels there.

Multi purpose la.. important to show citizens and try to instil pride and confidence.

Also to show others.. it's said that the first time we paraded amx13 tanks, KL was caught by surprise cos they no tank. There were tensions then and allegedly some talks of "taking back" Singapore.

Anyway.. many photographers will be from Foreign govts who will be checking every detail of every piece of equipment.

Malaysia "tourist" included.

Multi purpose la.. important to show citizens and try to instil pride and confidence.

Also to show others.. it's said that the first time we paraded amx13 tanks, KL was caught by surprise cos they no tank. There were tensions then and allegedly some talks of "taking back" Singapore.

Anyway.. many photographers will be from Foreign govts who will be checking every detail of every piece of equipment.

Malaysia "tourist" included.

Other than the usual stuff that are crowd pleasers, red lions, fireworks, flypast.

There's a part early on where they discuss the early history of singapore institutions from colonial times. That part is quite interesting for history buffs lik eme. Old pictures on the screen. POSB, SGH, predecessor to PSA etc. 

The performance items are still ok. Objectively speaking it's better than the ones that was at NDP 2008 when i had to watch them, but still not something i want to watch again. Quite boring for my younger son as well.

Padang is only once every five years or so ? Or during special occasion ? You're very lucky to have watched one at the Padang, tickets would have been more limited than stadium or marina bay. [thumbsup]

Most importantly, our planes got engines can fly one ... and fly everyday .. [laugh] Seems these days they been rehearsing a lot more than previous years.

i dunno last year was held at which venue (since the national stadium cannot afford the repeated rehearsals required for NDP cockup).

i dunno last year was held at which venue (since the national stadium cannot afford the repeated rehearsals required for NDP cockup).

last yr was at floating platform....i posted picture to show i was there for the actual parade...

Last time should have been SG50?

well definitely the national gallery backdrop is more impressive.

BUT really sucky part is that most of the actual spectators cant see most of the fireworks  over marina bay cos it's high and behind you. I should have left earlier before the end. My kids couldnt even see the finale fireworks at all.

well definitely the national gallery backdrop is more impressive.

BUT really sucky part about having it at padang is that most of the actual spectators cant see most of the fireworks  over marina bay cos it's high and behind you. I should have left earlier before the end. My kids couldnt even see the finale fireworks at all.

Similarly the fly past also cant see well, its behind u again.

Well unless u are the VVIPs that can seat just outside national gallery.

I see. I thought they may have did padang last year but can't remember.

Well. I had dinner at raffles city with my friends' families. We left after 10.

I was stuck in the B3 carpark for almost 30mins. I think they must have closed the road completely outside.

i parked at maxwell....took mrt there as i knew the roads will be packed and had supper at zam-zam.

I see. I thought they may have did padang last year but can't remember.

Well. I had dinner at raffles city with my friends' families. We left after 10.

I was stuck in the B3 carpark for almost 30mins. I think they must have closed the road completely outside.

I was at marina square food court, perfect for seeing fireworks.

But... stuck in car park close to 1 hour

• Praise 2

I was at marina square food court, perfect for seeing fireworks.

But... stuck in car park close to 1 hour

Fireworks are nice especially when u can see up close and live. So definitely disappointed that the finale firework was missed by the kids.

I analysed the road closures, i think the best place to park is South Beach tower. But since all my friends parked at Raffles City, i did so too.

Oh one of them parked at bugis, then take MRT one stop.

Oh ok.

Yes i was considering parking at Newton open air carpak, then take MRT out to newton to have dinner, if i wasn't going with friends.

maxwell nearer......we took a walk from mbs to one of the mrt station.......a very nice walk! Seldom go that area at night.....very nice with a good view of downtown across the waters.

Turbocharged

hey guys, my kids  would love the mobile column display, so I'm  planning to take them watch as they roll past in an upcoming rehearsal... but where's a good spot for this?

I saw the excerpt on the news as the column moved and it was clear the pavements were clear of any bystanders... don't want to go there and not allowed to be anywhere near the affected roads.

(edited)

hey guys, my kids  would love the mobile column display, so I'm  planning to take them watch as they roll past in an upcoming rehearsal... but where's a good spot for this?

I saw the excerpt on the news as the column moved and it was clear the pavements were clear of any bystanders... don't want to go there and not allowed to be anywhere near the affected roads.

The mobile column will be going to several districts this year. I'm not sure about whether it has the whole thing or only the SAF component.

So do check it out. over the national day wkend. 

For the padang, the mobile column travels from Stanford road side towards victoria hall if it helps. I suspect they are held on nicoll highway before the drive past (towards city).

To bring the NDP to the masses, the mobile column will be travelling to various heartland sites on Aug 10.

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

The mobile column will be going to several districts this year. I'm not sure about whether it has the whole thing or only the SAF component.

So do check it out. over the national day wkend.

For the padang, the mobile column travels from Stanford road side towards victoria hall if it helps. I suspect they are held on nicoll highway before the drive past (towards city).

Thanks! Aug 9 too long lah...

hey guys, my kids would love the mobile column display, so I'm planning to take them watch as they roll past in an upcoming rehearsal... but where's a good spot for this?

The concourse.

There's a overhead bridge behind. Column go right under it.

Stand on bridge really close up view.

I saw last time, route should still be same

• Praise 1

The concourse.

There's a overhead bridge behind. Column go right under it.

Stand on bridge really close up view.

I saw last time, route should still be same

That is also TP's favourite hang out to take candid camera. :XD:

↡ Advertisement