COE Bidding – 2nd Round of June 2019

Carbon82

Are u sure Bro it is so easy to go AD to lowball?

Maybe better luck with used cars

Lower coe is great news but new car prices usually do not drop proportionate to drop in coe because of VES, OMV etc

When coe was around 60k, altis standard was at 99-100k, with coe at 26k now, its still around 90k

C180 was 183-185k when coe 60k, with current coe, price around 190k  

Wonder if coe is ever $2 again, what will be the new car prices  [:p]

try if its a CAT B car you are aiming. I think they are easier to nego for CAT B car since CAT B coe is much weaker than CAT A...looking at the rebate level and price reduction. i would think CAT B demand is definitely much weaker and easier to push for freebies and items.

Perhaps i should add.. CAT B jap cars...ahhahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Lower coe is great news but new car prices usually do not drop proportionate to drop in coe because of VES, OMV etc

When coe was around 60k, altis standard was at 99-100k, with coe at 26k now, its still around 90k

when coe is 2 or 50, it will be the successful bidders that gotten rebates from the respective rebate levels contracted

the next round bidding wont be the same thus cars sticker prices wont go down by the same amounts..

• Praise 2

when coe is 2 or 50, it will be the successful bidders that gotten rebates from the respective rebate levels contracted

the next round bidding wont be the same thus cars sticker prices wont go down by the same amounts..

bro, can elaborate on this liner :

the next round bidding wont be the same thus cars sticker prices wont go down by the same amounts..

don't understand what you mean leh

I want to believe that those who validated their COE are more likely to influence the COE downtrend to accelerate.

For each revalidation, means one less car buyer, means one less bid for the COE.

Cant explain the psychology exactly, but AD will 'see' lesser car buyers booking new cars, thus thinking the 'demand' is weak. Therefore more willing to reduce price and give better deal.

Those 2000++ revalidated their COE means there will be less 2000++ new carbuyer visiting showrooms and signing contracts.

Imaging these 2000++ spread over 10 ADs, meaning each AD will be having 200 LESSER contracts in June, and subsequent months going forward.

I want to believe that this will cause panic among the ADs as they have projected their yearly stocks base on the COE quota and past sales.

If they cannot sell their 2019 stocks, surely a price war will soon appear in the local car market.

So we must thank those who revalidate their COEs for reducing the apparent demand on the biddings.

So enjoy low-balling the SE these few months.

But having said that, if the COE really drops to low levels. Then those who revalidated and those with high-COE paper value will cheong into the market, creating a sudden front loaded demand for COEs.

This up and down demand cycle fluctuations will keep going.

But this weekends is a good time to ask for super duper low price on your dream car.

Yes, when 1 person renew COE only LTA earn from him and dealer lose 1 potential customer and no earning.  

i wish to see price war as every AD has given target by principal or to lose the dealership. 

We cant lowball AD specially big players. You can expect more freebies on the top of their current promotion. 

Only market weak demand, high number of coe renewal and fear of not meeting their annual sale target given by principal can bring their price down.

Supercharged

Well. Now ad also no choice. Target higher margins lor. Last time maybe a dealer sells 10000 cars a yr. Now can only sell 5000 as so much lesser coe/cars to sell mah

• Praise 1

bro, can elaborate on this liner :

the next round bidding wont be the same thus cars sticker prices wont go down by the same amounts..

don't understand what you mean leh

sticker prices also known as RRP recomemnded retail price are those u see on sgcarmart lah, showroom la, price lists etc

they normally dont reduce in tandem with lower COE$

the number of ppl renewing for 10 yrs is sky high!! omg unbelievable ..that's a big number compared to those renewing for 5 yrs!

It is really alot leh!

Assuming u can afford the outlay n your car is in reasonable condition, it’s definitely more worthwhile to renew 10yrs v 5yrs cos after 5yrs u can’t renew anymore. And u still have the option to scrap the car n get back the unused part of the COE if u change your mind later. In short, u hv more flexibility by renewing for 10yrs.

Only downside I can see on renewing for 10yrs is the interest or investment opportunity lost on the extra 5yrs outlay.

• Praise 7

Personally i would like to go for new if have high parf/paper value car. i am even planning to change my 2 year old high coe car haha. Now waiting for more cheaper coe or 5 year mark whichever come earlier to minimize loss.

But data speaks more people renewing for CAT B (high parf) cars for 10 years

Won’t u lose quite abit on your 2 yr old car? Admittedly, it would be buy low, sell low but unless u upgrading to a more expensive car, I thought u would be worse off if u buy a similar car or B&B one.

• Praise 6

sticker prices also known as RRP recomemnded retail price are those u see on sgcarmart lah, showroom la, price lists etc

they normally dont reduce in tandem with lower COE$

OH I see.. but i think the Jap CAT B are moving in tandem with lower COE leh..its almost dollar for dollar reduction...

• Praise 1

OH I see.. but i think the Jap CAT B are moving in tandem with lower COE leh..its almost dollar for dollar reduction...

then its a sign

cld mean sales target no met, clearing stock, etc etc each AD got its business concern

i think the sales head must be very brainy cos they have to do manual big data analytics

model x, stock in inventory, minimum net profit margin, cost of sales incl sales comm, last round coe, next round quota, price list for next round coe, etc etc

and repeat for all the models....

Maybe more and more people start looking at cars just as transport and doesn't matter new or not, no need to show off just drive for practical purpose and value their hard earned $$.

Sooner or later LTA will come up with new rules or new taxes for coe renewal as they cant bear the loss for big time haha. Hope for best, this is what we can do max. Love to see $2 coe in my life again

Aiyah how is the salesman going to con people to buy new high end brands if people don't believe when they say your neighbors will see you up, your family will love you more and young ladies will sleep with you when you buy the newest and most expensive cars?

:D

• Praise 4

Aiyah how is the salesman going to con people to buy new high end brands if people don't believe when they say your neighbors will see you up, your family will love you more and young ladies will sleep with you when you buy the newest and most expensive cars?

:D

haha true.  but no money no talk 

• Praise 1

Won’t u lose quite abit on your 2 yr old car? Admittedly, it would be buy low, sell low but unless u upgrading to a more expensive car, I thought u would be worse off if u buy a similar car or B&B one.

yes Agree. Getting same category new car is wastage of money so if buy must be upgraded or downgraded (for financial reasons)

If upgrade i will lose but i see in this way: e.g. if i lose $20K (after removing used period real depreciation) and i am buying upgraded car $20K less compared to its price at the time i bought current car then all good . If gap widen between these 2 figures then wait and watch for the right time.

Down-payment is another story but i don't have issue with down-payment. if someone is tight on down-payment then better to keep current car in similar case. 

• Praise 1

The power of GE! Muayhahahhaha..

they dying to have more people coming on board and charge them high high on Satellite  :XD:  

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Your observation is right.

COE lower, selling price will be lower.

When AD more tight, they might further reduce their margin.

If their order book already queue till Aug Sep delivery, maybe they will not be that hungry for order and purposely price their products higher.

• Praise 1

not enough COE for those who bid the same amount.

200 or more bid $26998 but only 199 left.

This 199 will carry forward to next round.

200 bidded at 26999 but system only has 199 coe. So all bidding at 26,999 all didn’t get.
  • Praise 2

they dying to have more people coming on board and charge them high high on Satellite :XD:

6.9m... 10m... not only satellite but anywhere everywhere they could! Tested and proven!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4