Worth it to sell 5 year old car (with high COE) and buy new

Wolverine23

Supercharged

You forgot how high coe went up 1-2 year ago. The used car price is higher than you buy new now.

Actually for TS you can forget about "selling" your Audi. No dealers or buyers will want becos of the high coe. It goes straight to export. What you get is scrap/paper value. Just continue driving. 5yo Audi still better than a Thai made 2-airbag civic.

Oops ya hor. That’s shitty man.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I think yes. Even the Altis has 7 air bags and they are almost the same price range. Nothing beats safety.  

Is 95k considered high priced?

You forgot how high coe went up 1-2 year ago. The used car price is higher than you buy new now.

Actually for TS you can forget about "selling" your Audi. No dealers or buyers will want becos of the high coe. It goes straight to export. What you get is scrap/paper value. Just continue driving. 5yo Audi still better than a Thai made 2-airbag civic.

Exactly, the 1 to 2 years Civic are selling almost the same price as new Civic. Who would buy them???

From conti to honda civic... financially i think would be less of a burden. need actual figures to back it up.

but talking about day to day driving.. audi will be superior than civic... that solid feeling when you close the conti doors. you gonna miss it.

$$ VS Comfort.

• Praise 1

(edited)

yeah ... when a car reach 4-5 years OLD already ...

itchy backside need to scratch

otherwise, cannot sleep cannot eat cannot pangsai .... [laugh]

Once backside itchy, nothing could stop the move to new car.

Just do it!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

So smart. How you know is R8?

So worth it to change from R8? Haha

for me sell R8 change to urus or cullinan

more space for syt and xmm

• Praise 1

(edited)

It's always good to sell a car with high COE then you get more money back from the car.

It's always good to buy a car with low COE then you drive a cheaper car that saves you a lot of money.

The worse is to drive a car with high COE for 10 years cos it will cost you a lot of money.

Decision making is so easy if you have a logical mind.

:D

Mine is 75k. 2015.

But my car is probably worth bit more than scrap whether last year vs this year. So actually the depreciation is quite linear.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

I have a 4 year old ride with COE of 75K.

I suppose it makes sense to change a car cos the current COE is below 40K. Even a year old ride from last June onwards should be good value I think. But my ride still less than 50k mileage...... great condition.

Is it true after 5 years the car cannot be exported so the depreciation is higher afte that?

Edited by Piyopico

yeah ... when a car reach 4-5 years OLD already ...

itchy backside need to scratch

otherwise, cannot sleep cannot eat cannot pangsai .... [laugh]

When one is like me no money, car 10 year liao still dare not to itchy.

I suppose it makes sense to change a car cos the current COE is below 40K. Even a year old ride from last June onwards should be good value I think. But my ride still less than 50k mileage...... great condition.

Is it true after 5 years the car cannot be exported so the depreciation is higher afte that?

The dilemma is when your current ride is good with no problem... makes it harder to change

(edited)

wise man said

old no go, new no come [sly]

car is build to last longer than coe

[laugh]

The dilemma is when your current ride is good with no problem... makes it harder to change

Edited by Wt_know

If no prob don’t change la. Audi much better than civic. I regretted changing my 5 yr old bm to toyota lol

From the financial aspect, if you are comfortable with the installment or perhaps fully paid, in my opinion, a conti ride is often more comfy (and prestige).

If one is concerned about job security, loan payment (housing etc) or expecting increase expenditure in the future due to may be marriage, starting family, then a non-conti is usually more economical to maintain.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

If job safe or got lots of $$$.. change and get a bigger conti. if no mullah n suspect job not so safe.. keep car esp u shud have fully paid up no cash outlay with conti car for next 5 yrs.. not bad wud..

But to change n get a jap n kena another loan.. well..that’s accounting la.. don’t forget hyplux also morph from engineering to accounting..

Edited by BenTong

Turbocharged

Above 5 yr old car can also be exported. Depends on demand.

No doubt your mileage is low, but makes no sense to continue with a high annual COE dep of $7500.

Driving an almost 5 year old Audi. Worth to sell and change to Civic?

Why not change to Octavia at 97k which offers better quality and space and value and performance compare to a Civic?

Turbocharged

Why not change to Octavia at 97k which offers better quality and space and value and performance compare to a Civic?

I second that.It's like getting a VW Jetta at a bargain.

(edited)

Above 5 yr old car can also be exported. Depends on demand.

No doubt your mileage is low, but makes no sense to continue with a high annual COE dep of $7500.

It depends on what model he is referring to, if he has bought an A4 around 2015, it would have cost him about 160k, A5 or A6 would have been a lot more, selling it now will suffer big loss even the car has a high COE paper value.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement