Worth it to sell 5 year old car (with high COE) and buy new

Wolverine23

If the intention is to keep driving until a replacement comes in a few years' time, then the COE is likely to be very expensive and the cycle repeats itself.

The COE price in the next quarter will be indicative of the prices to come.  If it remains low, then it is good news.  If it goes up, it will be much higher later.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No wonder living in Spore is so stressful. Got car stress, no car also stress. Change car stress, keep the car also stress.

• Praise 7

(edited)

ok la ... it’s part of life here living in pressure cooker

pressure cooker is able to polish a person ... some make it some didn’t

else like amdk ... always want to chill and bum at beach ... mental also become slow

No wonder living in Spore is so stressful. Got car stress, no car also stress. Change car stress, keep the car also stress.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

If the intention is to keep driving until a replacement comes in a few years' time, then the COE is likely to be very expensive and the cycle repeats itself.

The COE price in the next quarter will be indicative of the prices to come. If it remains low, then it is good news. If it goes up, it will be much higher later.

Would COE go up this round?

When one is like me no money, car 10 year liao still dare not to itchy.

Can't say no itch lah! The itch is always there, especially when the models make you drool One thing for sure,I dare not scratch!

Mine is 75k. 2015.

But my car is probably worth bit more than scrap whether last year vs this year. So actually the depreciation is quite linear.

4 yr old car close to scrap value when sell... Hmm your ride a French or Italian?
  • Praise 1

4 yr old car close to scrap value when sell... Hmm your ride a French or Italian?

Nope. But very leng men model.

• Praise 1

Change the question around:

Is it worth it to drive a high coe Audi for 10 years?

I say not worth it. If changing to a Jap car is hard to accept, how about change to another Audi?

I say not worth it. If changing to a Jap car is hard to accept, how about change to another Audi?

I think it depends alot on which model of Audi. If it's the 1.5t civic, I don't think it is much inferior to the Audi A3/A4 when it comes to ride refinement, space and performance.

But of course the badge...

Skoda? I used to have a DS4 and sold it for only 3k above scrap when it was 6 yr old.

Accord. Lol currently not being brought into sg.

Hmm this coe drop is beginning to make me itchy lol.

Am also offered like very close to my scrap value for my 3.5 year old 2015 Mazda 2 [thumbsdown]

Yup. Same situation.

So if u think of the current value of the car as a realised loss already. The depreciation per year is not far from just coe and paper value winding down. So excluding potential coe rise next year on. actually u sell now vs next year etc its sama sama.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2