Singapore's Top Car Brands of 2018

Theoldjaffa

Interesting, VW is completely out of top 10 for 2 running years, they are doing worse than their bigger brother Audi.

ya, now that u mention..

i think they lack repeated customers

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I went to Skoda showroom for MCF event, didn't even see many customers in VW's showroom.

ya, now that u mention..

ya, now that u mention..

two of  my friends sold their CC within 2 years each because of the juddering during acceleration. I tried driving it and could feel the effect,  I guess that was  how the clutch work but some didnt like the feeling. 

the other two had to replace MU, one of them replaced it twice and it is not cheap, but they stick to it.   The other reason could be the lack of new model.  What happen to the once popular Jetta ? They are no selling it any more.

Im surprised KIA is at no.8... should be top 5 at least, their models selling quite well..

A lot of their 1.6L sedans flood the roads. It's no wonder when their cars offer more features and gadgets than their rivals.

Hyundai's pricing not as competitive during the hyundai matrix era.

• Praise 2

Im surprised KIA is at no.8... should be top 5 at least, their models selling quite well..

They would be if they not so sticky with their T&C, insistence on getting loan, trade in etc unlike Hyundai n even Honda who doesn’t insist on this.

• Praise 4

They would be if they not so sticky with their T&C, insistence on getting loan, trade in etc unlike Hyundai n even Honda who doesn’t insist on this.

I would have gotten a sorento from them if they had offered me a decent amt for my 1.5yr old VW. Its like they don't need your business at all.

Offering paper value for 1.5year old car.. seriously? 

I would have gotten a sorento from them if they had offered me a decent amt for my 1.5yr old VW. Its like they don't need your business at all.

Offering paper value for 1.5year old car.. seriously?

Their Used Car Arm Republic Auto known for giving lousy trade in prices n that’s another reason why they won’t be able to break into the top 5 in my opinion. A pity as Kia cars have improved a lot both aesthetically as well as technically.

• Praise 5

Wow Hyundai is really doing well this year. Almost double last year's volume when almost everyone else went down and up 4 spots. Wonder why?

Think their numbers will continue to grow. See many new Avantes on the road.
  • Praise 2

Interesting, VW is completely out of top 10 for 2 running years, they are doing worse than their bigger brother Audi.

Their models are rather dated liao. Roc and Beetle been around for years.

The Arteon which is nice is too expensive.

I guess those potential buyers are either going upstream by buying the A3 and A4, or choosing the more VFM Skoda instead.

• Praise 3

Think their numbers will continue to grow. See many new Avantes on the road.

Yeah true. Surprising thing to me is that the increased volume isn't being driven by the new models. Am not seeing that many new Konas, Santa Fes or Ioniqs on the road.
  • Praise 1

Their Used Car Arm Republic Auto known for giving lousy trade in prices n thatâs another reason why they wonât be able to break into the top 5 in my opinion. A pity as Kia cars have improved a lot both aesthetically as well as technically.

I think you are referring to DAS auto?

Wow Hyundai is really doing well this year. Almost double last year's volume when almost everyone else went down and up 4 spots. Wonder why?

I heard from Komoco people that in 2018, the SEs went on incentive trips to World Cup in Russia, cos Hyundai was official sponsor, and also trip to Korea...

now it's obvious...

as for the reasons, i think their Tucsons and Elantras sold a lot. Maybe the ionic also boosted the numbers. Oh, are taxis included? Lots of Hyundai taxis...

• Praise 1

(edited)

Kia k3 vs hyundai maybe is even fight.

but in SUV segment, kia sportage i think loses out to hyundai tucson 1 to 10 or 1 to 20 or even more lor...

not sure if for MPV, the Carens sell a lot as it might help even things up a bit as Hyundai got no MPV (that got people buy).

oh, yes, i agree that Hyundai's pricing is getting ridiculous. It's now on par and often more expensive than Jap cars now. They even dared to price Starex MPV at Alphard level and says that they are direct competitor... that was 3 yr ago. Until now, i only see Starex van and buses on the roads under SG plates. The only Starex MPV here are MY plates one [sweatdrop]

So my point is this: if Komoco prices their cars more reasonably, they can be much higher up the chart...

Edited by Atrecord
  • Praise 3

I think you are referring to DAS auto?

Unless they have changed Used car dealer, it was Republic Auto for quite a number of years. That said, I’ve not been to C&C for awhile now so I stand corrected. Even their own SEs know Republic gives low quotes that some try to get quotes from other dealers though there are other SEs who say they are not allowed to do so.

• Praise 4

Unless they have changed Used car dealer, it was Republic Auto for quite a number of years. That said, Iâve not been to C&C for awhile now so I stand corrected. Even their own SEs know Republic gives low quotes that some try to get quotes from other dealers though there are other SEs who say they are not allowed to do so.

Sorry, my mistake, you were referring to C&C, then you are correct, I thought you were talking about VW. And Republic sales price is not cheap, they keep all the better condition trade in cars to sell at higher price before passing the rest of less quality cars to dealers in the market.

Sorry, my mistake, you were referring to C&C, then you are correct, I thought you were talking about VW. And Republic sales price is not cheap, they keep all the better condition trade in cars to sell at higher price before passing the rest of less quality cars to dealers in the market.

Ya bloody low ballers they certainly are. A pity as this way of doing business will only affect their new car sales as confirmed by the other bro who was offered paper value for his 1.5yr old car

• Praise 6

Maybe they include taxis in the sales numbers [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1