Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

(edited)

Not fake news

HSK just said over the weekend that govt will trust you with the truth and then the govt will work with u and for u.

Lol can feedback to REACH since govt will now work with u and for u

Garmen implement ERP 2.0 to collect more taxes from people. Later reserve not enough money, HSK (likely to be our future Pm) will increase GST to 15%.

Edited by l_arcenciel

I think this new ERP thingy issue is poorly communicated to us, the public.

What exactly it is about is still much speculation by us, the public.

There has not been any official word from LTA , I think wrt to the new ERP system.

All this uncertainty creates uneasiness, fear, anger + whatever negative feelings...

LTA should quickly release something official about and what plans if this new system when implemented, will there be...eg. road tax, CBD areas etc.

A mandatory tracking device in every car, that can track a car's location and mileage accurate to the meter.

In the US or Europe, the courts would rule it unconstitutional immediately.

Even in China, the government can only dream of installing such a device in every car.

But in Singapore, as usual, no problems whatsoever.

Its actually an invasion of privacy, all your movements captured by the govt. They can use ai to run reports on watever they want

Oh, and can look forward to more roads where the new erp is charged, no need install physical gantry, just program what they want and where they want it on their master system. Breeze to implement

Govt huat ka siao

• Praise 1

There can be grouses and complaints about this but at the end of the day, all is just gonna be futile. We need to thank the 70% really. Wonder if they are here though. You make your choice, dun complain...

Why give up? Everyone has a choice every 4 years or so, I don't need to give up, I just need to CHANGE. Only if Singaporeans are adventurous enough to try a change.

The only thing that's constant in the world "CHANGE"

If i interpret what you say, don't like your life? Give up your life?

IMHO, its all about CHANGE

• Praise 2

Okok. Let me think of ONE good reason why this shit is better...

Err.. Maybe car dealers no longer can tamper mileage? All logged by that shit unit?

There can be grouses and complaints about this but at the end of the day, all is just gonna be futile. We need to thank the 70% really. Wonder if they are here though. You make your choice, dun complain...

• Praise 5

Okok. Let me think of ONE good reason why this shit is better...

Err.. Maybe car dealers no longer can tamper mileage? All logged by that shit unit? ð¤£

You think the gahmen will release this shit info to you (the prospective buyer)?

Right now, they're not even forthcoming with traffic cam/ CCTV footage of non-serious accidents or acts of vandalism in carparks.

• Praise 2

We have about 1 million vehicles on the road.

If the satellite ERP is just $0.50 per vehicle per day on average, the revenue will be $500k a day or $15 mil a month.

After deducting capital and operational costs, the net profit can be around $13-14 mil a month for road usage.

This will also reduce parking wardens, more effective methods to catch traffic offences and better ways to improve road infrastructure.

If foreign vehicles are taxed, the Malaysia tolls are likely to go up to match as well.

Overall, it is very good for the governments.

Twincharged

I think this new ERP thingy issue is poorly communicated to us, the public.

What exactly it is about is still much speculation by us, the public.

There has not been any official word from LTA , I think wrt to the new ERP system.

All this uncertainty creates uneasiness, fear, anger + whatever negative feelings...

LTA should quickly release something official about and what plans if this new system when implemented, will there be...eg. road tax, CBD areas etc.

Curious they chose this time to talk about it given that elections are coming. The public is pissed. Haha

Its actually an invasion of privacy, all your movements captured by the govt. They can use ai to run reports on watever they want

Oh, and can look forward to more roads where the new erp is charged, no need install physical gantry, just program what they want and where they want it on their master system. Breeze to implement

Govt huat ka siao

They already track you on public transport.
  • Praise 1

Only good thing about this is ppl cannot temper their odometer to disguise their car as low mileage car in future Cos can trace

Only good thing about this is ppl cannot temper their odometer to disguise their car as low mileage car in future Cos can trace

this is definitely not LTA agenda. They wont bother odometer as they have nothing to do with it and they don't care about resale car buyers. They only care about $$ 

• Praise 5

We have about 1 million vehicles on the road.

If the satellite ERP is just $0.50 per vehicle per day on average, the revenue will be $500k a day or $15 mil a month.

After deducting capital and operational costs, the net profit can be around $13-14 mil a month for road usage.

This will also reduce parking wardens, more effective methods to catch traffic offences and better ways to improve road infrastructure.

If foreign vehicles are taxed, the Malaysia tolls are likely to go up to match as well.

Overall, it is very good for the governments.

we can speculate anything now but we have to wait for official launch to see real effects. Maybe its really fair for people who use ERP zone for little distance and pay sometimes >$3-$5 and KPKB  (Subject to LTA keep ERP zone same/similar to current)

Time to go incognito mode with aluminium foil.

If all else fails, this should ward off the evil. Just cover the entire car with this :

post-23373-0-84258900-1561098276.jpg

post-23373-0-32597900-1561098386.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3