Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

Twincharged
(edited)

"Vehicles without an on-board unit or valid payment mode will be captured by the enforcement cameras."

How do supposed the system capture such phantom vehicles?

Do you remember think last Yr or 2 yrs back lta conducted a trial on device that is placed on the overhead bridge that is able to capture car license plate no while vehicle is on the move?

Think lta already planned ahead. So I think there will have quite a number of these device's that will be installed at overhead bridge, lamppost and etc at whole of Singapore I guess. So that device combined with erp 2.0. = power, no cars is able to escape.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

Will a Lambo and Honda Fit pays the same rates ?  :slow:

If same, those rich Lambo owners will laugh while the Fit owners will  [bigcry] due to the facts that they use their car as bread & butter for the family ...  :wacko:

(edited)

IMHO the fairest way is to use car omv to determine coe erp fine etc [idea]

so driving Lambo will be contributing more than B&B car for nation building [drivingcar]

but whatever implementation we have no say lah [lipsrsealed]

You want high OMV cars to pay more for everything. Ok let's say I say fair.

But high OMV car drivers also get reserved lane, higher speed limits and reserved parking everywhere to allow them to park in choice lots (including HDB). LTA authorised minah can check OMV - someone park in special lot with BnB can kena wheel clamp or tow away.

Still say fair?

Edited by Turboflat4

(edited)

Will a Lambo and Honda Fit pays the same rates ? :slow:

If same, those rich Lambo owners will laugh while the Fit owners will [bigcry] due to the facts that they use their car as bread & butter for the family ... :wacko:

I think they've already said that the rates will scale by engine cap just like current road tax.

Not pointing specifically at you bro, but some of the sentiments expressed in the last few posts seem very green-eyed (jiak kantang) or red-eyed (local style).

The counter point to the lambo vs fit point is: considering the number of lambos plying the road right now vs number of fits, which car type contributes more to congestion? That's what should be targeted right?

Basically, the gahmen's point simply seems to be that driving shouldn't be viewed as a right anymore. Job or no job, family or no family, adjustments to lifestyle have to be made. Or one has to pay for the privilege. That's always been the Singaporean way haha. Fair or not, I dunno, but that's life here (and almost anywhere else).

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

IMHO the fairest way is to use car omv to determine coe erp fine etc [idea]

so driving Lambo will be contributing more than B&B car for nation building  [drivingcar]

but whatever implementation we have no say lah  [lipsrsealed]

Regardless of OMV, each and every car on the road during peak hour contributes to congestion.

This has always been my suggestion for a long time.  It should be based difference btw rolling 3 months average speed and legal speed.  The charge will be as following:

< 10km/h: $0

11 - 20km/h: $10

21 - 30km/h: $20

31 - 40km/h: $30

41 - 50km/h: $40

> 51km/h:     $50

(edited)

You want high OMV cars to pay more for everything. Ok let's say I say fair.

But high OMV car drivers also get reserved lane, higher speed limits and reserved parking everywhere to allow them to park in choice lots (including HDB). LTA authorised minah can check OMV - someone park in special lot with BnB can kena wheel clamp or tow away.

Still say fair?

Edited by Pohhenry

(edited)

Regardless of OMV, each and every car on the road during peak hour contributes to congestion.

This has always been my suggestion for a long time.  It should be based difference btw rolling 3 months average speed and legal speed.  The charge will be as following:

< 10km/h: $0

11 - 20km/h: $10

21 - 30km/h: $20

31 - 40km/h: $30

41 - 50km/h: $40

> 51km/h:     $50

wow if me driving midnight 

>51km/hr siao liao lor  :yeah-im-not-drunk:  :a-toast:

50 dollar per 500m 

Edited by Pohhenry
  • Praise 5

Basically, the gahmen's point simply seems to be that driving shouldn't be viewed as a right anymore. Job or no job, family or no family, adjustments to lifestyle have to be made. Or one has to pay for the privilege. That's always been the Singaporean way haha. Fair or not, I dunno, but that's life here (and almost anywhere else).

Correct la.  Garmen no longer thinks that driving is a right of citizens.  u wanna drive, pay n pay n pay, if u can afford.

fair or not fair, one decides lor.  Show it at the voting counters next tme.  But if people wanna vote for this, then don't cum here n combrain this n that.

Some say hor anyway, that in future walk also must ay ERP leh.  is it true huh.  Aiii tis one not I say one.

Lol.. looks like taxi meter...

jokes aside.

Anybody think distance based charging will reduce the number of vehicles on the road?

yup. illegal park vehicle will be auto summon since the meter will warn.

Twincharged

yup. illegal park vehicle will be auto summon since the meter will warn.

only know how to saman .... but i believe we are more interested in how they are going to solve the illegal parkings.

if rich fella, can always afford to park two lots.

but if they really want to clamp down on such irresponsible acts, they should have a tow truck on standby like emas and then when ppl report, they come and tow the bloody vehicle away and make the owner go all the way to LTA and pay his saman personally there ! no proxy.

like this, then i think those rich fellas will also feel the pain of having to run up and down.

Will a Lambo and Honda Fit pays the same rates ? :slow:

If same, those rich Lambo owners will laugh while the Fit owners will [bigcry] due to the facts that they use their car as bread & butter for the family ... :wacko:

Maybe they pay the same rate.

But might add another tax eg luxury tax etc.

I think they've already said that the rates will scale by engine cap just like current road tax.

Not pointing specifically at you bro, but some of the sentiments expressed in the last few posts seem very green-eyed (jiak kantang) or red-eyed (local style).

The counter point to the lambo vs fit point is: considering the number of lambos plying the road right now vs number of fits, which car type contributes more to congestion? That's what should be targeted right?

Hmmmmm........... :wut:

What if they charge by speed of the car travelling on the road ... :ninja: .

The faster you go, the more you pay.... [drivingcar]

:XD:  :XD:

Hmmmmm........... :wut:

What if they charge by speed of the car travelling on the road ... :ninja: .

The faster you go, the more you pay.... [drivingcar]

:XD::XD:

If there is no limit to speed (and the charges are not completely ridiculous) I don't mind. It's basically what we do in Malaysia anyway.

Turbocharged

Was there any public consultation on this ERP2.0, or it's just a f. you listen to us you puny peasants...

Hello, all this lit5le hints here and there. Minister talks and people gossips, are consultations liao. Once implement, you have accepted because no 2 million protest haha

↡ Advertisement