Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

6 hours ago, Eyke said:

‘Next-gen’ ERP module looks like it’s stuck in the past, raises questions on rollout of govt tech projects

https://www.todayonline.com/commentary/next-gen-erp-module-looks-its-stuck-past-raises-questions-rollout-govt-tech-projects

If I gahmen I should paiseh dowant show how incompetent i am by pressing on with this hideous obsolete thing. He is correct. Everyone can see the emperor has no clothes but the problem isnt the tech but gahmen mindset which desperately needs changing to catch up with 21st century. 

But 60% support them so full steam ahead!!!

Edited by yishunite
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Do they need to take out your dashboard console or anything in your car to install these 3 piece thing? If yes, what if their workmanship is poor and scratches or damage something in your car during installation then how? Dont think LTA will compensate lo?

I see at least 3 thick cables connected to the processing unit in this photo, two of which needed to go behind the dashboard in order to reach the A pillar 

- power supply

- screen

- anttena 

image.png

Edited by Phang
  • Sad 1

On 9/13/2020 at 4:45 PM, Didu said:

The processing unit actually reminds me of this..OUCH!

61LtStB3MUL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Having the processing unit located away from the Touch Screen is a bad idea / design.

1. How to ensure that wires are run from the processing unit to the touch screen properly without creating problems for car users and mechanic who need to service the car parts such as aircon? Take note lose wires not properly secured inside the dash board area will create annoying raffling sound.

2. Sometime the whole side panel of the dash board need to be removed to perform some repair jobs. 

I  guess the designer is thinking the car interior so big, no problem sue can find place to install. Should have go for the single piece or 2 piece solution though more effort needed to do the design.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Do they need to take out your dashboard console or anything in your car to install these 3 piece thing? If yes, what if their workmanship is poor and scratches or damage something in your car during installation then how? Dont think LTA will compensate lo?

Usually for owners of super cars, I think they will go back to AD to get it done. I can't imagine letting LTA's appointed workshops to take apart the consoles of these cars and start doing their wiring and risk messing up the electricals. 

Maybe should ask @Turboflat4 as he drives a McLaren MP4-12C...🤣

Wait long long for LTA to compensate if anything goes wrong, at most they will push this responsibility to their appointed vendor doing the installation. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

LTA push to AD to install 

if AD charge $1,000 labour to install OBU

song bo???? at the end of the day, cost is bear by consumer

Edited by Wt_know

3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Usually for owners of super cars, I think they will go back to AD to get it done. I can't imagine letting LTA's appointed workshops to take apart the consoles of these cars and start doing their wiring and risk messing up the electricals. 

Maybe should ask @Turboflat4 as he drives a McLaren MP4-12C...🤣

Wait long long for LTA to compensate if anything goes wrong, at most they will push this responsibility to their appointed vendor doing the installation. 

I may be exporting my Mac (and reclaiming PARF and the reasonably OK body value) before I let them touch it haha.

If they look serious about this, probably no more exotics. No point. Because I believe "auto" speeding enforcement will be coming also in the next couple of years. 

I'll be going for a "slow" and "cheap" manual sports car. Where I can have fun at legal-ish speeds and feel engaged without worry. And I won't frus about the profile of the car being spoiled.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

On 9/15/2020 at 9:29 PM, inlinesix said:

GPS has its limitation.

Screenshot of my Strava

2BC90CF2-4450-4ACE-B54E-1DB3E2181DC0.thumb.png.7bf8feb36cc3416b91e81011d8de0f68.png

Latest running watching has chipset to receive signal from GPS, GLONASS, Galileo & Beidou

A trip I made today, as recorded by AiG app (no i didnt go anywhere close to yio chu kang)

20200917_204419.jpg

7 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

I think it is only fair that motorists decide if this outdated technology should be used, if the cell phone can take over.

Its not the Singaporean way to be obtuse and stubborn, much less the incisive Government.

I am sure there must be wriggle clause for the authority not to honour the previous agreement...otherwise it would be most unbecoming of world class governance and politics...

I do agree, the setup makes my PRIVATE vehicle more like a public vehicle. There, a partial solution for honor...

Or you can throw in a CB radio.

I agree. Honest mistake, own up and make right. Vehicle owners should not be collateral damage. Since we are not going to start distance based charging in the near future. Just pay up and come up with a better system that majority of private car owners can accept.

B77DAF59-7F1F-427D-8889-3895A65358D9.jpeg

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Eyke said:

can try pay your preferred tech to go down to the installation centre/workshop to do installation under instruction, if they allow.

or you get your preferred workshop/AD to be certified by LTA to do installation.

LTA don't give a toss, good luck trying to get them to even listen to your complaint; compensate? caaaan, just wait longer a bit, just a bit 😆

Dont know where will be the installation? Maybe they have a list of authorise workshop to go install?

You have tried complain to LTA before and they never listen to your complaint ah? 😂

3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I agree. Honest mistake, own up and make right. Vehicle owners should not be collateral damage. Since we are not going to start distance based charging in the near future. Just pay up and come up with a better system that majority of private car owners can accept.

B77DAF59-7F1F-427D-8889-3895A65358D9.jpeg

Own up? Who should own up le? Lol. If you want LTA to own their mistake, wait long long la. They never admit their mistake cause they never realise there is a problem in the first place. 😅

What is the existing arrangement for new cars to be installed with current IU?

I do not think the IU is factory fitted right? So for current IU, your brand new car dashboard already kena opened up to poke the wire of the current IU to the fuse box liao. No more virgin, untouched dashboard liao.:D

4 hours ago, yishunite said:

If I gahmen I should paiseh dowant show how incompetent i am by pressing on with this hideous obsolete thing. He is correct. Everyone can see the emperor has no clothes but the problem isnt the tech but gahmen mindset which desperately needs changing to catch up with 21st century. 

But 60% support them so full steam ahead!!!

If gahmen would feel and paiseh to show how incompetent they are, then there would not be so many issues and problems liao. Their skin are super super thick de. Lol.

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont know where will be the installation? Maybe they have a list of authorise workshop to go install?

You have tried complain to LTA before and they never listen to your complaint ah? 😂

Not LTA but their political masters. 

A mistake has been made and the minister admitted it as well.  

First installation is next year, I remain hopeful. 

I am writing to PMO next. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

A trip I made today, as recorded by AiG app (no i didnt go anywhere close to yio chu kang)

20200917_204419.jpg

check out the max speed clocked by the Papago GPS trip recorder in my car.

maybe my car went for a convoy with a Boeing 777 while I was asleep?

gps.thumb.jpeg.5331a62d30706dda66ec7746c8d71227.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Damn disappointed with our scholars on this.. this day and age, this is the best they can come out with.. better keep this under wraps and don't announce we are the first to implement this, will become a laughing stock..

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Leo72 said:

Not surprising to those who had been playing with GPS and understand how RF and GPS Work. In Singapore environment, it's a lot more challenging to get accurate GPS Positioning, To name a few factors: concrete jungle, cloudy sky and heavy rain. GPS work best in open area with clear sky environment.  I had been playing with GPS since 2001. 

Therefore to overcome those factors which affect the GPS positioning, more work need to be done not only on the equipment used to received the GPS but also to reduce the effect of those factors, works need to be done to the the environment for example, inside the tunnel, underground and inside building.

Cloud and rain is not a huge problem. Concrete jungle is more of an issue. 
GNSS tech has come a long way since 2001 and even from 2016 when LTA awarded the tender. 

Edited by Mkl22