Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

I want to see them dismantle the mclaren senna, pagani and koenigsegg dashboards 

i am sure for this car they give exemption to use single OBU 

just like using lorry and truck lane in Tuas to clear 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i am sure for this car they give exemption yo use single OBU 

just like using lorry and truck lane in Tuas to clear 

wah like that it is really one set of rules for elites and another set of rules for common folks.  cannot accept

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Phang said:

imagine you just bought a new patek, lange, AP, rolex, iwc, JLC

ah gong wants to open your brand new watch case to put a "state of the art tracing device" that also give you extra functions like alarm, stopwatch and cashless payment, can show weather forecast too... 

the local watch dealer will open your watch case, partially dismantle the movement to install that device and put everything back together again

I will only feel less heart pain if it is a casio

You got a point. If I really need to buy a car soon, I'll be looking to buy a "casio" type car. [laugh]

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Phang said:

imagine you just bought a new patek, lange, AP, rolex, iwc, JLC

ah gong wants to open your brand new watch case to put a "state of the art tracing device" that also give you extra functions like alarm, stopwatch and cashless payment, can show weather forecast too... 

the local watch dealer will open your watch case, partially dismantle the movement to install that device and put everything back together again

I will only feel less heart pain if it is a casio

lange-datograph-lumen-movement2.jpg

Ya lo, i would not want them to open up my car dashboard, even it is a cheapo car. I do not trust those people doing the job. High chance something would be damage during the process.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, i would not want them to open up my car dashboard, even it is a cheapo car. I do not trust those people doing the job. High chance something would be damage during the process.

whether damage or not .... that's not the point

wtf that a brand NEW car out from the factory ...

virgin dashboard kena molest and open wide wide ... 

may be not just the dashboard ... including the centre console to run wiring [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

the change.org petition is losing momentum ... only 219.   LTA also no reply to my feedback.  We really LLST, pay ARF, custom, COE, road tax etc and still have to let LTA install the clunky and ugly OBU and even remove our dashboards.  Really ~!!@#$%^^&&&*(^%@~!!!

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Spin doctors working the ground. 

Yeah, and the "Hopefully, this does not compromise the integrity of modern vehicles" statement is really WTF.  Just shows the incompetence and heck care attitude of LTA.  Your car looks spoiled, rattles due to OBU installation, its your problem. 

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Lotr said:

the change.org petition is losing momentum ... only 219.   LTA also no reply to my feedback.  We really LLST, pay ARF, custom, COE, road tax etc and still have to let LTA install the clunky and ugly OBU and even remove our dashboards.  Really ~!!@#$%^^&&&*(^%@~!!!

Really LLST la, if they have already given the green light to proceed, no way they would Uturn no matter whether you are happy or not. Esp when LTA is a hopeless organisation de. You want to rely on them, sun will rise in the west.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

whether damage or not .... that's not the point

wtf that a brand NEW car out from the factory ...

virgin dashboard kena molest and open wide wide ... 

may be not just the dashboard ... including the centre console to run wiring [mad] 

And I'm guessing they will award the OBU installation contract to the lowest bidder. Guess we can expect shoddy workmanship.

For those owners of new cars like Porsche Taycan, W223 Merc S Class with huge central integrated touchscreens, good luck to them when these bozos need to splice the electrical wiring of your high tech cars to fix the 3 piece dinosaur. No guarantee the dinosaur won't screw up your tightly integrated infotainment and electronics system. 

37 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

And I'm guessing they will award the OBU installation contract to the lowest bidder. Guess we can expect shoddy workmanship.

For those owners of new cars like Porsche Taycan, W223 Merc S Class with huge central integrated touchscreens, good luck to them when these bozos need to splice the electrical wiring of your high tech cars to fix the 3 piece dinosaur. No guarantee the dinosaur won't screw up your tightly integrated infotainment and electronics system. 

Likely they will tell AD to install it & certify in inspection centre.

Nobody dare to take responsibility if things screw up

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Likely they will tell AD to install it & certify in inspection centre.

Nobody dare to take responsibility if things screw up

double triple confirm car selling price will “absorb” the additional labour cost to install the fck up OBU

become “hidden” cost consumer pay

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

this ERP 2.0 if not done properly 

the heavy mistake will be paid by the whole nation not just car owner

taxi, bus, van, truck, lorry, phv all affected [mad] 

this mean every single consumer is affected ... 

the more i think the more tulan

i was expecting a super high tech sleek small and effective GPS device and not this FUBAR

we are entering 2030 and not 1990 ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

this ERP 2.0 if not done properly 

the heavy mistake will be paid by the whole nation not just car owner

taxi, bus, van, truck, lorry, phv all affected [mad] 

this mean every single consumer is affected ... 

the more i think the more tulan

i was expecting a super high tech sleek small and effective GPS device and not this FUBAR

we are entering 2030 and not 1990 ... 

I hope hacker can jam this hopeless erp system to prove how useless the LTA are...and hack all OBUs.

• Haha! 4

Do anyone here know if the first gen ERP gantries - when LTA say it’s end of life - does it mean it cannot be used beyond whatever useful life there is?

i mean if no better solution is found, can’t we just use the current ERP gantries until a better solution is found? 

42 minutes ago, Khng8 said:

Do anyone here know if the first gen ERP gantries - when LTA say it’s end of life - does it mean it cannot be used beyond whatever useful life there is?

i mean if no better solution is found, can’t we just use the current ERP gantries until a better solution is found? 

End of life in this case is probably not referring to the lifespan of the hardware itself, but likely the entire program contracted out with support from the appointed vendor.

Usually, when such government projects are started, the contract itself will state that the vendor will have the responsibility for maintenance and upkeep for XX years. Thus, its entirely possible that the hardware itself is still functional, but the contract had expired thus "End of Life". Do they have the option to keep the current system going? Probably yes and LTA just need to re-tender a new contract.

But I guess planned obsolesce is already in place thus we will have ERP 2.0 no matter what.  

• Praise 1

Scraping because the increasing maintenance cost deemed higher than ERP 2.0.

just like how buy new car might be more worthwhile compared to maintaining old car 

Edited by Eyke
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1