Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

2 hours ago, Eyke said:

the worst case will be after installation a while then get some squeak/rattle...

Scarly inferior cables, connectors, resistors or components catch fire like the vios 🤐

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I took a photo of my current IU and its wire. The installer definitely need to open the dashboard and trim to get the wire inside there.

20200928_180202.thumb.jpg.4fcd0399d924ea3e47fc5179d655e79c.jpg

no. never touch the dash. just go to any of the IU centres. you can see them swapping out IUs sometimes.

yeah ... no need to open dashboard

even ah beng shop install in car camera also no need to open dashboard

there is a tiny gap that installer know how to hide the cable

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I took a photo of my current IU and its wire. The installer definitely need to open the dashboard and trim to get the wire inside there.

20200928_180202.thumb.jpg.4fcd0399d924ea3e47fc5179d655e79c.jpg

I think mine went to the side, into the A pillar and down below the dash. The A pillar I also stuff my rear view cam cable there, along the roof panel to the rear. 

14 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

From my knowledge, need to remove the A pillar trim and then prise open the black dashboard slightly to slot the wire there.

Install car camera, open dashboard for what? Should be opening the roof carpet. 

20200928_190047.thumb.jpg.fc00328569b07faba66b676ef6386cb1.jpg

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

I think mine went to the side, into the A pillar and down below the dash. The A pillar I also stuff my rear view cam cable there, along the roof panel to the rear. 

My rear view car camera wire runs thru the roof. The power cable then runs thru the A pillar trim.

IU whether 1st gen or 3rd gen or whatever has a load limit. The wire must be sized appropriately and fused correctly to protect the wire. The fuse is to protect the wires, not the IU. So the wires don't burn and go up in flames when IU decides to short-circuit. This is true for any electrical device installed in your car.

The other thing about IU is I found out they like to install directly on the battery (hot) and bypassing the ignition. That means if the IU is a heavy load (due to fault), it can drain the battery flat, just like those who install car dashcam and turned in on in parked mode.

Why do you need the IU to be installed hot ? You certainly don't need it to be functioning when your car is switched off and you're parked for the night and sound asleep.

As for the new gen of IU I assumed they have taken all these into consideration. It's basic electricity.

• Praise 5

14 hours ago, Kb27 said:

IU whether 1st gen or 3rd gen or whatever has a load limit. The wire must be sized appropriately and fused correctly to protect the wire. The fuse is to protect the wires, not the IU. So the wires don't burn and go up in flames when IU decides to short-circuit. This is true for any electrical device installed in your car.

The other thing about IU is I found out they like to install directly on the battery (hot) and bypassing the ignition. That means if the IU is a heavy load (due to fault), it can drain the battery flat, just like those who install car dashcam and turned in on in parked mode.

Why do you need the IU to be installed hot ? You certainly don't need it to be functioning when your car is switched off and you're parked for the night and sound asleep.

As for the new gen of IU I assumed they have taken all these into consideration. It's basic electricity.

afaik, is LTA requirement to connect direct to battery:

i went IU centre to troubleshoot bike IU and they told me they can't touch it until i rewired it to connect direct to battery

23 hours ago, 13177 said:

They dont know how to respond to you or they cant be bother to respond to you? Lol.

Just received the respond.

Shoot back another list of questions.

On 9/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, Lotr said:

No choice but to install.

But if one feels strongly enough about the OBU, there are choices to voice our concerns, disapproval and even disappointment:

1. OYK's FB post

2. Feedback to LTA

3. Sign the petition on change.org

1) admin will just delete the post

2) standard template answer

3) doesn't work in SG context

• Praise 1

I propose a wireless OBU, either use solar during the day or kinetic movement of the vehicle to generate power for the OBU.

As some one mentioned, the OBU shouldn't be used when the car is not switched on. A wireless OBU with battery should be sufficient

Again all these just talk for fun only, these scholars have zero innovation.

17 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

I propose a wireless OBU, either use solar during the day or kinetic movement of the vehicle to generate power for the OBU.

As some one mentioned, the OBU shouldn't be used when the car is not switched on. A wireless OBU with battery should be sufficient

Which reliable battery will last 10 to 20 years, the lifespan of the car?

On 9/28/2020 at 6:46 PM, Wt_know said:

Gocha.. So installing new in car camera where the original car manufactured do not have.. Aren't it is also considered as increase in electrical load? So those people that argue this point and say what will catch fire and etc.  These are nonsense. It is precisely you guys don't like how it look, how bulkly it is and or don't want this erp2.0. So will think of anything to justify on why not to install it. Must be fair to lta too.. If say don't want based on look and design can understand. But then say until that this new erp 2.0 unit will cause car fire and etc.. These are really? Then what about ownself go buy new in car camera? Why no one complain that this new in car camera cannot install in car, coz will increase in electrical load? Why? 

On 9/28/2020 at 5:11 PM, inlinesix said:

Those mod are not mandated by LTA.  Owner do it at his/her own risk

This is mandated by LTA.  Did LTA the increase in electrical load?

51 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Which reliable battery will last 10 to 20 years, the lifespan of the car?

Rechargable type lo? You can change yourself once the battery has degraded..

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Gocha.. So installing new in car camera where the original car manufactured do not have.. Aren't it is also considered as increase in electrical load? So those people that argue this point and say what will catch fire and etc.  These are nonsense. It is precisely you guys don't like how it look, how bulkly it is and or don't want this erp2.0. So will think of anything to justify on why not to install it. Must be fair to lta too.. If say don't want based on look and design can understand. But then say until that this new erp 2.0 unit will cause car fire and etc.. These are really? Then what about ownself go buy new in car camera? Why no one complain that this new in car camera cannot install in car, coz will increase in electrical load? Why? 

For my camera, it is indirectly connected to 12v ciggy port. It is within car spec.

The design is going backward.

Going forward = smaller than current IU.

I hate ERP2.0 IU as it shows that we are not really a smart city 

• Praise 2

On 9/13/2020 at 1:14 PM, Kklim said:

Sekali interfere with mobile phone and/or head unit!!

I cant imaging owners who have shelled out million dollars bucks on their car, and have this hideous looking box drilled into their car. This is real suck

Frankly, from an engineer POV, if the next "big" erp solution requires so many sub-system, it means the idea is feasible, but technology is not ready. Seriously, did those jokers asked themselves  if they are willing to buy a multi-Sub-Systems solution e.g. TV, Oven, Fridge etc? If they dun, why force it out? Isnt like fitting a screw into a square hole? 

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

support ... whether it's a perfect solution .. i don't know

definitely better to try than the fck up 1990s design 3-piece OBU [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1