Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

57 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Going forward = smaller than current IU.

LTA scholars think "size does matter" la .... 

Screenshot-2019-06-21-at-13.21.07-e1561119729507.png

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 9/28/2020 at 8:18 PM, Kb27 said:

IU whether 1st gen or 3rd gen or whatever has a load limit. The wire must be sized appropriately and fused correctly to protect the wire. The fuse is to protect the wires, not the IU. So the wires don't burn and go up in flames when IU decides to short-circuit. This is true for any electrical device installed in your car.

The other thing about IU is I found out they like to install directly on the battery (hot) and bypassing the ignition. That means if the IU is a heavy load (due to fault), it can drain the battery flat, just like those who install car dashcam and turned in on in parked mode.

Why do you need the IU to be installed hot ? You certainly don't need it to be functioning when your car is switched off and you're parked for the night and sound asleep.

As for the new gen of IU I assumed they have taken all these into consideration. It's basic electricity.

likely to have a small backup battery inside the OBU. every OBU will have cellular connection, thus has to be kept powered on, probably in low power mode. to fully power off and on each time will have too many cell registrations and load the networks. there is also some time needed for registration.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

For my camera, it is indirectly connected to 12v ciggy port. It is within car spec.

The design is going backward.

Going forward = smaller than current IU.

I hate ERP2.0 IU as it shows that we are not really a smart city 

LTA shows they are smart because 1st in the world to implement such solution...

1 minute ago, Beanoyip said:

LTA shows they are smart because 1st in the world to implement such solution...

London also got congestion charge.

But no IU le.

If that’s the case, we are definitely smarter than AMDK

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

London also got congestion charge.

But no IU le.

If that’s the case, we are definitely smarter than AMDK

They use plate recognition.. unlike us using gantries.. I don't want to say who smarter..

The scheme is monitored by cameras on roads across the congestion charge zone, which read car number plates and cross-references them against a register of cars that have paid the charge.

Edited by Beanoyip

Just now, Beanoyip said:

They use plate recognition.. unlike us using gantries.. I don't want to say who smarter..

The scheme is monitored by cameras on roads across the congestion charge zone, which read car number plates and cross-references them against a register of cars that have paid the charge.

We also use the same system to capture foreign vehicles VRN.

ERP will be deducted from cashcard upon exit.

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Lta should just standardise plates like japan and USA. Fake plates will be a criminal offense.  

4 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

I cant imaging owners who have shelled out million dollars bucks on their car, and have this hideous looking box drilled into their car. This is real suck

Was thinkin if it is possible to request for the PU to be thrown into the glove box instead. Since most likely wiring will come from somewhere there. Rather than exposing the PU and wires, worst, drill or double-sided tape to the sidewall. Frankly speaking, my car is 100% stock, even do not want to stick anything or even a handphone holder that leave stain marks. Yes, I sibeh OCD one. 

4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

LTA scholars think "size does matter" la .... 

Screenshot-2019-06-21-at-13.21.07-e1561119729507.png

when users need a qwert keyboard...

square people - lets make a separate plug in unit

ericsson-t18s.jpg?fit=388,609

people who think outside the box 

asdad.jpg

3 hours ago, Wormee said:

Was thinkin if it is possible to request for the PU to be thrown into the glove box instead. Since most likely wiring will come from somewhere there. Rather than exposing the PU and wires, worst, drill or double-sided tape to the sidewall. Frankly speaking, my car is 100% stock, even do not want to stick anything or even a handphone holder that leave stain marks. Yes, I sibeh OCD one. 

I guess 1 of the consideration of glove box is your aircon evaporator is there. So if need to change evaporator in future, might need to remove whole dashboard like conti cars instead of just the glove box.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:29 PM, Wormee said:

Logically speaking, the processing unit should be able to be installed elsewhere within the car subjected to wiring limits (it still needs to be physically wired to the display and antenna units).

My impression from the picture is that the processing unit is the one which cannot withstand heat, thus had to be positioned at the knee area on the front passenger's side. I guess under the front passenger's or driver's seat can be explored as alternatives. If possible, all the way back in boot, glovebox etc. As long as there is enough ventilation and away from direct sunlight, it should qualify as ideal installation locations.  

Touchscreen display and antenna have to be near to the windscreen & dash board, that I can understand for obvious reasons. But they definitely need to come up with alternative installation locations for the processing unit. 

Since motorcycle IU isn't given as an option on cars, at least make it more flexible to hide the processing unit. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
29 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

this bugger can handle the heat ... 

32140743-72E5-4062-9DAD-6160D3FC9F58.jpeg

Yes, but unit price sure to increase and cannot meet tender price. 

20 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

If processor cannot withstand heat, the design is a complete failure for its intended place of use. 

Electronic components that are perpetually under high temperature will fail prematurely.  As the ERP unit is meant to last several years, it is better to move and shield the sensitive electronics away from direct sun at the windscreen where the combined sun radiation and greenhouse effect in the car during the day could fry the electronics.

↡ Advertisement