Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

1 hour ago, Didu said:

I suspect those elected officials sees everything thru political lens. 🧐

Yes, allowing more people to own cars to boost collection from taxes & COE. Ownership, yes, but Govt did not encourage people to drive them onto the roads. Muah...ha...ha...ha

SG is already the most expensive country in the world for car ownership. (This one I guess no other country can overtake for next few hundred yrs) [laugh]

IMHO.  Some see, some follow.  

↡ Advertisement

34 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Not my point

What i meant was pmv users could unite to tilt enough voters and throw out lampamin

You mean most PMD user stays in SK?

Unlike PMD users, most car owner no ball to get together to go MPS & KPKB.

• Sad 1

Supercharged

why keep harping on distance-based charging?

we already being distance-charged!

it's called petrol tax

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, yishunite said:

I will happily give another GRC to WP in exchange for this unit.

Well said well said. All these stubborn bulldozing through of policies by the scholars haiya...

Edited by yellowshaun
Grammar

3 hours ago, yishunite said:

What's the population of PMV users in sg? I will happily give another GRC to WP in exchange for this unit.

OYK is Sembawang GRC?

2 hours ago, Eyke said:

why keep harping on distance-based charging?

we already being distance-charged!

it's called petrol tax

No wonder SG so slow in adopting EV and Hybrid. 😀

On 10/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, Mockngbrd said:

I thought initially they said its not possible for smartphone integration as there is a security risk of the data being hacked? 

The ERP 2.0 has to be a closed system not connected to the internet so there is zero security risk yada yada...now Amy Khor can come out say smartphone integration possible as a future upgrade? Lanjiao lah. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Do you all think distance based charging will reduce the number of cars on the road?

Yes. If the charges are 50 cents to one dollar per km.

Those clocking 20k km a year is like giving $20k to LTA pocket per year, sure huat ah!!! Even better payout then COE. 10 years $200k leh. COE only can get $30-40k for 10 years.

• Shocked 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Yes. If the charges are 50 cents to one dollar per km.

Those clocking 20k km a year is like giving $20k to LTA pocket per year, sure huat ah!!! Even better payout then COE. 10 years $200k leh. COE only can get $30-40k for 10 years.

it affects everyone, not only car owners

teksi and grab also need to pay the road charges, unless teksi and PHV has different (lower) rate

2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

I thought initially they said its not possible for smartphone integration as there is a security risk of the data being hacked? 

The ERP 2.0 has to be a closed system not connected to the internet so there is zero security risk yada yada...now Amy Khor can come out say smartphone integration possible as a future upgrade? Lanjiao lah. 

If it is just an interface to push info one way to the phone, it might still be a closed system. 

Correct me if I am wrong. After googling, Understand that there were about 29K taxis before Grab/Uber. With introduction of Grab/Uber, PHV numbers went up more than 70K (exclude taxis). With these numbers, how to have less cars on the road. On one end, talked about carlite,  next moment generate more road users. 

5 minutes ago, Carride said:

Correct me if I am wrong. After googling, Understand that there were about 29K taxis before Grab/Uber. With introduction of Grab/Uber, PHV numbers went up more than 70K (exclude taxis). With these numbers, how to have less cars on the road. On one end, talked about carlite,  next moment generate more road users. 

To the scholars at LTA, PHV and taxis are not private car but cars used to supplement the Public Transport Infrastructure. 

• Angry 1

Well, those scholars must be thinking hard now. When this idea was suggested, no PHV at that time. Maybe taxi will be excluded. Now, with PHV more than taxi, how do they implement it? No charge or like someone had highlighted could be at lower rate.  Or have fare then charge? What happen to this cost if others remain the same? Pass to the fare? Besides, these hugh numbers (combination of taxi and PHV) that supplement publlic transport system also being used for privately use (no fare). How is this going to relate to solely private car users. Maybe that is why they need a big and bulky system for processing. It is just my guess. 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

If it is just an interface to push info one way to the phone, it might still be a closed system. 

Correct, i think it's just mirroring the output from the OBU to the phone, so maybe the OBU can be tucked away somewhere where it's not so obstructive 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

if these 3 plastic boxes are cast in stone (pun intended), I will install the screen and the processing unit in the boot and run an extension cable from the boot to connect to the antenna on the front windscreen 

my initial idea was putting all three boxes at the back of the car, (like 1990s CD changer) antenna on the REAR windscreen since it is getting signals from the satellite in the sky but likely existing carpark system will require a front facing antenna to work properly 

1 hour ago, Phang said:

if these 3 plastic boxes are cast in stone (pun intended), I will install the screen and the processing unit in the boot and run an extension cable from the boot to connect to the antenna on the front windscreen 

my initial idea was putting all three boxes at the back of the car, (like 1990s CD changer) antenna on the REAR windscreen since it is getting signals from the satellite in the sky but likely existing carpark system will require a front facing antenna to work properly 

My worry is car park system is not updated.

Till now, I stay away from contactless cashcard or ezlink 

↡ Advertisement