Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

9 hours ago, Carride said:

Well, those scholars must be thinking hard now. When this idea was suggested, no PHV at that time. Maybe taxi will be excluded. Now, with PHV more than taxi, how do they implement it? No charge or like someone had highlighted could be at lower rate.  Or have fare then charge? What happen to this cost if others remain the same? Pass to the fare? Besides, these hugh numbers (combination of taxi and PHV) that supplement publlic transport system also being used for privately use (no fare). How is this going to relate to solely private car users. Maybe that is why they need a big and bulky system for processing. It is just my guess. 

Simple. Regardless one drive or taking public transport /logistics no one can be spared from this gps erp thingy.

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Carride said:

Correct me if I am wrong. After googling, Understand that there were about 29K taxis before Grab/Uber. With introduction of Grab/Uber, PHV numbers went up more than 70K (exclude taxis). With these numbers, how to have less cars on the road. On one end, talked about carlite,  next moment generate more road users. 

The 70+k PHVs  did not  result in increase in car population because that is being managed by COE allocations, but it took away the opportunity of private car owners from owning a car that was otherwise used to be before(but who cares?). You are correct that having PHVs would generate more road usage, that is why ERP is necessary to  regulate the traffic flow.  Of course the by-products of both COE and ERP is more income for the government which they did not ask for more,  we are the one paying it happily. We see people put pressure on dealers to secure COE,  we see people topping up more money for dealers to secure guaranteed COEs, no one forced them to do so.

PHV is more than just a car population and road usage discussion. PHV is a new gig economy model that we could not avoid, more importantly, it  fixed a taxi supply and demand problem that LTA was unable to resolve for years. Before PHV,  people complained about not being able to find taxis during peak hours, no taxis available  at 11.00pm before the surcharge kicks in at 12.00 am etc, but we dont hear these problems anymore. Why? PHV and  its hailing apps resolved the problem. The end result is we used to see passengers queuing up for taxis, now we see taxis queuing for passengers. So both passengers and LTA are happy, dont we? 

We also cannot undermine the benefit of employment brought about by PHVs, the Singapore employment rate was already not in good shape before Covid 19, the situation  is much worse now of course,  without PHVs, a huge % of these 70+k  PHV drivers might have been jobless, so PHV does help create employment opportunities, it reduces jobless rate, it helps the people on the street to bring food to the table for their family, and it helps the government , especially MOM.

In summary. COE and ERP help improve government income, PHV improves ridership satisfaction and employment rate.😄

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 5

Amy Khor, He Ting Ru discuss if public tenders need flexibility to account for technological advances

Public consultation not included in tender due to practical constraints

Senior Minister of State for Transport Amy Khor explained this in reply to Member of Parliament He Ting Ru of the Workers' Party in Parliament on Oct. 5.

WP's He had actually filed a question about whether public consultation was included for the next sitting of Parliament, but Khor decided to field it in this sitting.

Citing "practical constraints", Khor said that LTA selected the best design based on performance and value for money, but once it was chosen, they were "contractually bound" to the tender.

https://mothership.sg/2020/10/tender-flexibility-amy-khor-he-ting-ru/

2014 concept

2016 tender

want to implement 2016 tech in 2021 ? [crazy]

AmyKhorHTRCover.png

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

we always laugh at bolehland with their bolehness

always  2-steps behind implementing outdated design and tech and wasted tax payer $$$

now who is laughing? [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

37 minutes ago, Eyke said:

not JUST 2016 tech, is LOWEST bidder 2016 tech

ya lor, LTA never heard of KISS ?

the current simple IU has served its purpose well for so long.

but no, LTA wants to be lumbar one by being first in the world. [:p]

and I think the new design unit is not future proof ... vendor will charge LTA for software upgrade and guess who will have to pay eventually ... 

vendor huat ah ... LTA Mr Big Robert.

Edited by Blueray
  • Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Blueray said:

ya lor, LTA never heard of KISS ?

the current simple IU has served its purpose well for so long.

and I think the new design unit is not future proof ... vendor will charge LTA for software upgrade and guess who will have to pay eventually ... 

If you only knew the maneuvering insai.

Doggie knows nothing. Doggie knows everything.

The CEO got no people insai and rotate out.

All the lau hantu and toyol gachau gachau. The decent guys see like dat hor, all run road.

Correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct about the jiuhu influence, a number of naturalized jiuhu gia, directly or through vendor has significant presence. 

Edited by Datsun366

42 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

we always laugh at bolehland with their bolehness

always  2-steps behind implementing outdated design and tech and wasted tax payer $$$

now who is laughing? [mad] 

Who want to complain about VEP tag

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Yes. If the charges are 50 cents to one dollar per km.

Those clocking 20k km a year is like giving $20k to LTA pocket per year, sure huat ah!!! Even better payout then COE. 10 years $200k leh. COE only can get $30-40k for 10 years.

woah. By then I will not be driving a car le. Maybe will change to ninebot.

2019-New-Fashion-Electric-Racing-Go-Kart

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

woah. By then I will not be driving a car le. Maybe will change to ninebot.

2019-New-Fashion-Electric-Racing-Go-Kart

not something like this ah:

image.png.e4708075b61f8875c5e91ad02fad83d3.png

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Blueray said:

I initially read “lumbar” as LUMPAR! Hahhahahahhahahahahahaha. 

was it your aim to do so? Hahhahaha

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Wow million $ salary car salesman 

i cannot sleep ... i cannot shit ... i cannot eat .... 

taking $1M dollar salary ... with this kind of IQ ... how to bring singapore forward?

the old unit is mounted vertically slanting down ... the visible screen size is small

new unit is mounted horizontally ... wah piang ehh ... sibei eyesore

don't even get me started with the processing unit ... simi ventilated

so my passenger xmm with super long porcelian leg got heated function? [mad] 

anyone sit at the back seat of a Maybach S500 will know know front passenger challenge ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

To drive in Sg we need to take in any crap the gov throw at us.... and pay for it! Like the VEP tag, I doubt they will allow you to dictate where you want to have the boxes located and they will slap it with a hefty fine if you tamper it like the OPC plate. Its big and bulky... no matter where you stick, it will be an eyesore like a pimple in the middle of the forehead. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ichibawa said:

To drive in Sg we need to take in any crap the gov throw at us.... and pay for it! Like the VEP tag, I doubt they will allow you to dictate where you want to have the boxes located and they will slap it with a hefty fine if you tamper it like the OPC plate. Its big and bulky... no matter where you stick, it will be an eyesore like a pimple in the middle of the forehead. 

For VEP tag, no need to stick if no intention to go Msia

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

I initially read “lumbar” as LUMPAR! Hahhahahahhahahahahahaha. 

was it your aim to do so? Hahhahaha

boss, i write lumbar, you read as lumpar ...

is it my england got problem or your england got problem ... [laugh]

:XD:

ok, i confess ... yes ... [sly]

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Blueray said:

Amy Khor, He Ting Ru discuss if public tenders need flexibility to account for technological advances

https://mothership.sg/2020/10/tender-flexibility-amy-khor-he-ting-ru/

2014 concept

2016 tender

want to implement 2016 tech in 2021 ? [crazy]

AmyKhorHTRCover.png

U mean 2023. Imagine your iphone 5 being used by gahmen as universal device today that everyone must use

• Haha! 1

I google "2016 smartphone" and found this image. Any of these devices can smelly smelly already do GPS, HD display, 4G, Wifi, bluetooth, RFID, play games, display time, display date, display smlj also can.

2016-smartphone-comparison-a-30.jpg

And in the same year 2016, as a so-called Smart Nation, our next-generation-first-of-its-kind ERP device that's been extensively studied by our million $ salary ministers and army of scholars that only need a GPS and display money sucked from drivers on a low res display ended up looking like this?

What?

The?

Fxxk?

new-unit-in-cars.jpg136_0502733d-e798-415f-8fb4-bc3f223201c9

Edit: I forgot about the tons of double-sided tapes which is the technological foundation for this whole solution to even work. Welcome to the year 2020 AD.

Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2