Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

@freeder arrange MU at Hong Lim ??

@bancoe think arrange MU at Desker Road better..

We shld screw some backsai since always kanna screwed deep deep..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Looks big enough to replace vehicle display unit.

I don't need radio anymore. The "ching ching ching" cashier sound from this, enough to keep me awake. Haha.

• Praise 1

My $0.02

The endgame is to go car-lite after all, so imo usage charges is a fair policy. If you are wealthy enough to be a "car collector" with big land to park your collection, good for you. However at the end of the day most of that "collection" is not adding congestion to the road nor gases to the atmosphere. So it is fair to pay some usage charge to actually put a car on the roads, BUT please reduce other "taxes" such as ARF and COE, AND make public transport even more comfortable, convenient and penetrative. Oh and stop revising the price of public tpt upwards.

I spent hundreds of thousands getting a car to facilitate my daily commute, NOT to chope parking space, and yet I would ended up paying more (in usage charges) as compared to those "car collectors"??

• Praise 1

Bro, confirm not fake news??

Not fake news

HSK just said over the weekend that govt will trust you with the truth and then the govt will work with u and for u.

My $0.02

The endgame is to go car-lite after all, so imo usage charges is a fair policy. If you are wealthy enough to be a "car collector" with big land to park your collection, good for you. However at the end of the day most of that "collection" is not adding congestion to the road nor gases to the atmosphere. So it is fair to pay some usage charge to actually put a car on the roads, BUT please reduce other "taxes" such as ARF and COE, AND make public transport even more comfortable, convenient and penetrative. Oh and stop revising the price of public tpt upwards.

Lol can feedback to REACH since govt will now work with u and for u

(edited)

Will it track our speed too?

Speeding, red light all track nice nice, no need camera liao.. actually not too bad.

Edited by JQ01
  • Praise 2

Not fake news

HSK just said over the weekend that govt will trust you with the truth and then the govt will work with u and for u.

Lol can feedback to REACH since govt will now work with u and for u

He say only...we all know it's just sweet political talk. When have they really listen to us?

He say only...we all know it's just sweet political talk. When have they really listen to us?

That's why must...Vote wisely

Could be a fairer way to collect tax for vehicle, hence, benefiting folks who really need a car for short commute.  

Please do not have the narrow thinking of one is not driving long distance, hence, will not be heavily taxed.

The snowball effect of the raw cost will just drive our basic need cost like food and drink up.

Some year ago when the GST went up from 3% to 5% then to 7%, one bugger on national tv, claim only increase 2% what. 

The most i spend 2% less from today onward lo..

What a big joke to these people making this claim.

There is more complex effect making up the full cost of (a plate of noodles) than just the 2%. [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 10

My $0.02

Will Taxis, PHVs and Buses be included in Distance based charges? If yes, most people will be on Walking, LRT and MRT.

Will logistics companies or companies with their own trucks/vans for transportation be charged on distance based as well? If yes, prices of all goods will go up as all goods need to be transport from one place to another.

Will delivery companies such as Singpost be charged on distance based too?

There is a lot of issues and questions if LTA want to implement distance based charges. The questions will be how to contain the raising living costs due to raising business cost  if LTA want to implement distance based charges.

Please do not have the narrow thinking of one is not driving long distance, hence, will not be heavily taxed.

The snowball effect of the raw cost will just drive our basic need cost like food and drink up.

Some year ago when the GST went up from 3% to 5% then to 7%, one bugger on national tv, claim only increase 2% what. 

The most i spend 2% less from today onward lo..

What a big joke to these people making this claim.

There is more complex effect making up the full cost of (a plate of noodles) than just the 2%. [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]

Actually a raise of 2% GST doesn't mean an increase of only 2% to end consumers. In fact the raise will be more than 2% after layers and layers of 2% GST charges ranging starting from the import process, local transportation, rental, utility bills, telecommunication bills, storage charges and etc.

• Praise 8

You raised a good point. My opinion was more toward passengers/commuters private vehicles.

OT a bit, has the increase in diesel tax started to impact these logistics and delivery companies' business costs? Has it started to trickle down to us consumers?

Will Taxis, PHVs and Buses be included in Distance based charges? If yes, most people will be on Walking, LRT and MRT.

Will logistics companies or companies with their own trucks/vans for transportation be charged on distance based as well? If yes, prices of all goods will go up as all goods need to be transport from one place to another.

Will delivery companies such as Singpost be charged on distance based too?

There is a lot of issues and questions if LTA want to implement distance based charges. The questions will be how to contain the raising living costs due to raising business cost  if LTA want to implement distance based charges.

The basic idea for ERP is to manage congestion on roads specially in town area and not to just collect $$$$ ,however, it seems the other way round. i really hope they follow the same basics and keep the satellite base ERP zone similar to current ERP Gantry zones. 

If it will be implemented all-over Singapore then its gonna put adverse effect on public mindset specially B&B car owners who really need to drive for family basic needs. First we already pay so much taxes (COE, ARF, GST etc) and now on the top this Satellite ERP as well! 

if this system is so good (As per LTA ) they should be confident to launch before elections.

• Praise 2

(edited)

an average joe who live in jurong west need to travel to tampinese need to pay more for erp 2.0

compare to a person who live in marina bay condo drive to changi airport?

Edited by Wt_know

i await for the revised road tax charges. Bigger CC cars have paid their due taxes and should not be far off from the main stream.

an average joe who live in jurong west need to travel to tampinese need to pay more for erp 2.0

compare to a person who live in marina bay condo drive to changi airport?

ding ding ding. rich ppl huat!

↡ Advertisement