Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

what happens when car breakdown and get tolled away

like that i am sure will also be charged

who are exempted from charges ~ gov vehicles, ?

If you put ur Avatar picture infront of lorry , also will be exempted  :D  

PS: rem to but some flowers too 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

I hope so. This cannot be solely based on distance. It should be dynamically priced based on the DEMAND of each road. Or else if it is a FLAT RATE across the country and than multiply by distance, then implement for what other than to make more money for the govt? The whole idea of ERP is to charge based on demand, i.e. more congested roads get charged more, so as to divert traffic and improve traffic flow.

If based on distance travelled, sounds like those car sharing scheme as they calculated based on per km charge on your usage?!  [rolleyes]

Yeap all will be riding bicycles to work and PMD's menace -do not how many times all over , next after that PMD's will also kenna ERP [nosebleed]

They can do car pooling but this govt will NEVER admit or allow it  

Or people will seriously consider to buy house near their workplace. Walk to work or take a bus few stops away.

Property near employment clusters huat!

Next up - push for electric vehicles!

Turbocharged

Don't think so. Find that this is trying to make more money.

ERP was implemented to ease traffic congestion, not to tax every driver, including those who do not cause congestion. So now a mother who fetch a child to and fro school within her neighbourhood also kena taxes, even though she cause zero congestion. While those who use CTE and now charged no differently from other parts of Singapore who are not congested.  This will cause the CTE to be even more congested. Road pricing is supposed to be dynamic based on DEMAND to help ease traffic. Not based on some stupid fixed rule based on distance.

although it is mentioned as taxed based on dist traveled, what's missing are which hours are taxed and which roads are taxed. taking an extreme example, there should be no charging at say 3am.

so what's missing are the details. speculate here also useless unless more info is available.

• Praise 2

First tot..

Business cost will go up.. the workers will be squeezed again cost bosses say profit down.

Everything will be more expensive.

• Praise 1

Grab Hitch is a type of car pooling.

Its good for everybody.

Yeap all will be riding bicycles to work and PMD's menace -do not how many times all over , next after that PMD's will also kenna ERP [nosebleed]

They can do car pooling but this govt will NEVER admit or allow it  

Turbocharged

Play Pokemon GO type of speed detection?

Have to allow buffer for technical errors I feel.

if the location drift like pokemon go then horlan liao lor.

HAd a chance to see the new ERP unit (on trial car) , its way bigger than our current one.... looks like taxi type...oh man.

although it is mentioned as taxed based on dist traveled, what's missing are which hours are taxed and which roads are taxed. taking an extreme example, there should be no charging at say 3am.

so what's missing are the details. speculate here also useless unless more info is available.

kenna tax wrong also LL you won't know.

dear daigors which is the best eScooter in SG?

better sell car liao

this 2.0 only benefit the elites with many cars sitting at home

cost of living going north further

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Or people will seriously consider to buy house near their workplace. Walk to work or take a bus few stops away.

Property near employment clusters huat!

Next up - push for electric vehicles!

we buy a place to stay for at least medium term say 10 years.

most of us stay with a co for around 3-5 years. 

there is no way we can plan to buy a home near our work place. whichever minister or official who uses that is just plain daft.

Govt can now collect distance-based road usage, and speeding fine easier.

Good game to all your braking horse power.

Boleh bikes and cars can fast furious loh

No more white ants too

• Praise 1

If say I go from tampines to Jurong....... If going through CBD vs going round via PIE/MCE no difference if distance is the same...... Then why the hell I will take effort to bypass CBD?

The whole point about physical ERP gantry and the loud beep sound when they deduct $5 from your cash card during peak hours is to remind you with the associated heart pain and wallet cringe..... next time either leave for/from work earlier or later..... 

Turbocharged

kenna tax wrong also LL you won't know.

LL lor, so we just suck it up. 

just a pun.  [laugh]

(edited)

next time kuku grab driver took longer route will kena whack and complain gao gao because higher erp ...

and if the car door is locked in motion ... siao liao

it’s a kidnap case ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

very good move. totally support it.

the more time you spend on the road, the more you pay. sounds fair to me. 

to me these two should be paying the same ERP:

travel from Tuas to Changi in the evening in 30 mins for 35 KM
travel from Jurong to Clementi in peak hours in 30 mins for 6 KM

Why stop here, I propose implement surge pricing on road, traffic smooth time $0.50/KM, traffic jam $0.80/KM, traffic super jam $1.50/KM.

Then in Google Maps navigation, beside options Fastest Route and Shortest Route, there will be a new option call Cheapest Route.