Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

OK, how about I change the word "buy" to "rent"?

People may consider renting at their preferred locations then to avoid driving.

we buy a place to stay for at least medium term say 10 years.

most of us stay with a co for around 3-5 years. 

there is no way we can plan to buy a home near our work place. whichever minister or official who uses that is just plain daft.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
(edited)

Next time won't see taxi or phv driving around looking out for customer. All waiting at coffees shop for call.

Taxi driver probably will take calls instead of flagged down customers.

Edited by Ender

I think this thing will not start until after next election.

While everyone has democratic rights to exercise, dont "mouth say. balls happy" and pls do the RIGHT thing.

Voided votes are votes for Lightning, those who dunno who to choose, just cross out NON LIGHTNING logo will do.

Thank you for your cooperation.

SINGAPOREANS... JIA YOU!

• Praise 4

Next time won't see taxi or phv driving around looking out for customer. All waiting at coffees shop for call.

Taxi driver probably will take calls instead of flagged down customers.

I thought this is already the case ?  :D  Esp during peak hour or rainy day ... all the cab will disappear.  <_<

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I thought this is already the case ? :D Esp during peak hour or rainy day ... all the cab will disappear. <_<

Ya. But with this, probably be the whole day disappear. Lol.

Twincharged

KNN govt think people in Sg so free , enter CBD like going dating or what ni ?? No wonder marriage rates and procreation down, tio boh @Jamesc [laugh]

Actually it really depends on nature of business. Like for taxi and private hire, the driver can go in and out of cbd countless of times due to fetching pax. Then there are also delivery van, lorries that need to enter cbd and also many transportation also need to go in and out of cbd many times. So it's not so simple as abc.

End of the day if new erp aka erp 2.0 implemented, the cost of living will go up further. Later to make situation worst is many private hire drivers and taxi may reconsider going into cbd to fetch rider. End up rider who is in rush to go out cbd also can get a taxi and or car even when surge pricing is high. Some willing to pay high price also can't get car. This is very frustrating. Then there are also delivery van lorries who go in cbd everyday. How? Cost will surely passed down to consumer. Its not a good sign where cost of living here is already expensive and government seems like going to make it even more expensive to live in.

Ya. But with this, probably be the whole day disappear. Lol.

You imagine Taxi after drop off passengers , they will stay stationary until they get another booking .  :D  

No jam , 才怪  !

• Praise 3

Bottom line is govt must always be earning money and more money to the kitty- period

Earn millions if not billions and finally give paltry PG or KD cards to seniors to sugar coat the votes bank  izzit 'cos the Gen after 60's is doubtful range  

Wages are high yes, but competition is there too; many are out of jobs too and cost of living is going up

Some had downgrade their jobs and accept a pay cut with grace too.... LLST

Just imagine the price of coffee or tea goes up by whopping 10% a year, that should be the benchmark for inflation

Spending  about 1 billion (seems price is not disclosed as what they say... confidential )  to set up the system alone, hmmmm...... and karanguni doing the dismantling of current gantries sure make money from steel right

Actually it really depends on nature of business. Like for taxi and private hire, the driver can go in and out of cbd countless of times due to fetching pax. Then there are also delivery van, lorries that need to enter cbd and also many transportation also need to go in and out of cbd many times. So it's not so simple as abc.

End of the day if new erp aka erp 2.0 implemented, the cost of living will go up further. Later to make situation worst is many private hire drivers and taxi may reconsider going into cbd to fetch rider. End up rider who is in rush to go out cbd also can get a taxi and or car even when surge pricing is high. Some willing to pay high price also can't get car. This is very frustrating. Then there are also delivery van lorries who go in cbd everyday. How? Cost will surely passed down to consumer. Its not a good sign where cost of living here is already expensive and government seems like going to make it even more expensive to live in.

• Praise 6

I Never paid ERP on daily basis (unless going CBD) because there is no ERP Gantry between office and home. 

Now must pay from 2020. i hope they keep the ERP zones same haha  

ERP  - (Every Road Pay)

Will they remove road tax to compensate and fair to all as per road usage?

No details of how they are going to charge, also, how about foreign vehicle ?

If strictly based on distant, i think the foreign lorry, bas / van may travel more distant than an average car user who just drive to office and park there, will they also be charge accordingly ? 

• Praise 8

Don't think so. Find that this is trying to make more money.

ERP was implemented to ease traffic congestion, not to tax every driver, including those who do not cause congestion. So now a mother who fetch a child to and fro school within her neighbourhood also kena taxes, even though she cause zero congestion. While those who use CTE and now charged no differently from other parts of Singapore who are not congested. This will cause the CTE to be even more congested. Road pricing is supposed to be dynamic based on DEMAND to help ease traffic. Not based on some stupid fixed rule based on distance.

You are not very correct. A big chunk of heavy morning traffic congestion is caused by parents sending kids to school. And to make things worse, those who don't need to go to work after dropping off their kids take their own sweet time on the roads thereafter.

Those who drive to and fro work everyday will know the difference during school term and during school holidays.

• Praise 7

(edited)

You imagine Taxi after drop off passengers , they will stay stationary until they get another booking .  :D  

No jam , 才怪  !

ha ha ha...whole island traffic jam liao :XD:

move pay then all stop dont need pay  :a-good:

but hor...maybe waiting also pay mah  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

me go ride eSccooter best lah...suka suka  :a-toast:

sekali PMD also got 2.0  [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Pohhenry
  • Praise 2

(edited)

I Never paid ERP on daily basis (unless going CBD) because there is no ERP Gantry between office and home.

Now must pay from 2020. i hope they keep the ERP zones same haha

ERP - (Every Road Pay)

Will they remove road tax to compensate and fair to all as per road usage?

if remove road tax

can get a coe porky 3.8L NA ($4k++ road tax)

you think ah gong will remove road tax bo? tan ku ku!

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged

You are not very correct. A big chunk of heavy morning traffic congestion is caused by parents sending kids to school. And to make things worse, those who don't need to go to work after dropping off their kids take their own sweet time on the roads thereafter.

Those who drive to and fro work everyday will know the difference during school term and during school holidays.

Yes, look at during non school holiday the traffic at bukit timah Road, Bartley Road towards cte and etc.. In the morning 7plus am. Its super congested with many parents fetching their child to school.

(edited)

if remove road tax

can get a coe porky 3.8L NA

you think ah gong will remove road tax bo? tan ku ku!

this 2.0 is add on...got to collect back equipment fee mah  [drivingcar]

Edited by Pohhenry
  • Praise 2

KNN govt think people in Sg so free , enter CBD like going dating or what ni ?? No wonder marriage rates and procreation down, tio boh @Jamesc [laugh]

So true.

Not enough babies keep me up at night.

:D

• Praise 4

(edited)

End of the day, your mandate to whoever runs this island speaks a lot.

If policies are not helping with the your life, your citizen democratic rights can be the only way to make your voice heard.

I never believe "working for you ~ with you" it will never happen, your opinion never mattered, not then, surely not now and never in the future.

Edited by cmcex
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3