Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

start on 31Dec2021, still in 2nd half on 2021.... 🤣

what thing starts on start on 31Dec2021,

↡ Advertisement

15 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

LTA informed last year that the installation of the new Satellite ERP system will begin in 2021. Its alread middlel of March 2021 .... :wut:

My question is : Have those newly registrated vehicles since Jan 2021 been installed with the new satellite ERP units ? :slow:

Any members here already have the new ERP units installed, can show some photos of the units. [wave] 

15 jan registration

still old iu(thankfully)

hopefully uturn like malaysia vep

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Dafansu said:

2nd Half of the year, think even new car not with it yet.

"Installation of the new on-board units (OBU) in vehicles will start in the second half of 2021 and take place over 18 months, replacing the current in-vehicle units."

Now all effort on vaccination. 

Think LTA also want to wait for more people to be vaccinated 1st?

Imagine all 1 million drivers coming out to change IU to OBU.. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

This satellite ERP system is starting to make more sense when BEV vehicles start to replace ICE vehicles. The loss of petrol/diesel tax has to be replaced by another pay-for-use channel, from the government perspective.

Edited by Weez911

5 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

This satellite ERP system is starting to make more sense when BEV vehicle start to replace ICE vehicles. The loss of petrol/diesel tax has to be replaced by another pay-for-use channel, from the government perspective.

"money making" strategy always think 2 steps ahead

fugly IU ... who cares ... let's wait and see first when there is enough kaypohs ...  [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

31 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

"money making" strategy always think 2 steps ahead

fugly IU ... who cares ... let's wait and see first when there is enough kaypohs ...  [laugh] 

PHV drivers should start to tremble now.

On 2/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, kobayashiGT said:

ERP 2.0 won’t be implemented this year

erp-20-on-hold.jpg

source: https://www.torque.com.sg/news/erp-2-0-wont-be-implemented-this-year/?fbclid=IwAR3eTOUTOdx9Yahi5UwKjR4qxUoA5kZhl6fq0ww7fT8zxMVtiwVG1vycnco

The move to charge motorists according to the distance they drive – distance-based electronic road pricing (ERP) – will not come for several years more.

This was revealed amid the announcement of a new lump sum tax for electric vehicles (EVs) in lieu of fuel excise duty. This does not apply to EVs as they do not run on fossil fuels.

Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat said the excise duty on fuel is a form of mileage tax to discourage indiscriminate use, which in turn has an impact on pollution and congestion.

“Ideally, we would like to implement a usage-based tax on EVs as an alternative to fuel excise duties,” he said.

“But the technology to do this properly is the next-generation ERP system, and distance-based charging using ERP is still several years away.”

Last June, the Land Transport Authority dismissed talk that the project was delayed. It said that the second-generation ERP system “is on track to be progressively rolled out from next year “.

However, it said that during a transition period, “there will be no changes to the existing congestion-management framework”.

That means ERP 2.0, or distance-based ERP will not kick in yet.

If the system is up, it will be the first distance-based road charging to be implemented in a city. While some motorists had dreaded being charged according to their driving distances, not everyone felt that way.

Business consultant Albert Lee, 61, said a distance-based charging system – to be applied on top of time and location criteria – is more equitable.

“I am honestly looking forward to distance-based charging as I think this is a fair way. So, any delay is disappointing.”

“But when distance-based charging finally comes, I hope the Government will review the entire car tax structure to have less weightage on ownership and more on usage.”

Purposely included this quote to brainwash citizens. KNN this PAP

• Haha! 1

Let's invent a new cashcard that still function as a cashcard to replace the old cashcard but call it a new name. Genius.

Nets introduces new Nets Motoring card, aims to 'eventually replace' CashCard

Introduced on Monday (Mar 22), the Nets Motoring card is compliant with the Contactless e-Purse Application (Cepas) standard and “aims to meet the needs of motorists now and in the future”, said Nets. 

The Nets Motoring card will “eventually replace” the CashCard for all car park and ERP charges, said a Nets spokesperson in response to queries.

In line with this, the CashCard will only be available at petrol stations and the Nets Customer Service Centre at Central Plaza on Tiong Bahru Road from Apr 5. 

Meanwhile, the new Nets Motoring card — which costs S$10, inclusive of S$5 in stored value — is now available at petrol stations, convenience stores as well as the Nets Customer Service Centre.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nets-introduces-new-nets-motoring-card-aims-eventually-replace-cashcard

screen_shot_2021-03-23_at_9.02.11_pm.png

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nets-motoring-card-cashcard-erp-car-park-motorists-14471926

At 1st satellite ERP suppose to implement in 2020 then delay and now NETS come out new motoring cashcard?!? Specially for cars??

if satellite ERP gonna implement soon why waste money develop new cashcard? 

if mean for parking then we have 2 IU on the windscreen?!?! Try to look high tech? 

OMG 😆 

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, D3badge said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nets-motoring-card-cashcard-erp-car-park-motorists-14471926

At 1st satellite ERP suppose to implement in 2020 then delay and now NETS come out new motoring cashcard?!? Specially for cars??

if satellite ERP gonna implement soon why waste money develop new cashcard? 

if mean for parking then we have 2 IU on the windscreen?!?! Try to look high tech? 

OMG 😆 

I think the whole idea of the motoring card is to facilitate the 1st gen IU unit that a lot of the driver are still using. They probably never think that a lot of the cars in yesteryear gotten renew with 10 year COE. hahaha. So before the new IU roll out, they LPPL need to think of a universal card for all car parks.

The satellite ones i think will roll out lah. But not fool proof yet. Scholar likes to take it own sweet time. That's why it is a iron rice bowl mah. hahah.

My old cashcard just expired last week and I bought a new one ($5 for the card, $5 in-card value). I'm using old IU.

So come 2023, can I exchange my current cashcard to the new NETS Motoring card or do I have to buy a new one ($5 for the card, again)? Like that, NETS take our money just because of a system change?

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Naimed said:

My old cashcard just expired last week and I bought a new one ($5 for the card, $5 in-card value). I'm using old IU.

So come 2023, can I exchange my current cashcard to the new NETS Motoring card or do I have to buy a new one ($5 for the card, again)? Like that, NETS take our money just because of a system change?

Not only just take our money first, but also make money.

$5 for a new card, wonder how much is their cost? 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
36 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think the whole idea of the motoring card is to facilitate the 1st gen IU unit that a lot of the driver are still using. They probably never think that a lot of the cars in yesteryear gotten renew with 10 year COE. hahaha. So before the new IU roll out, they LPPL need to think of a universal card for all car parks.

The satellite ones i think will roll out lah. But not fool proof yet. Scholar likes to take it own sweet time. That's why it is a iron rice bowl mah. hahah.

As with any revolutionary new system, they will not want to bet everything on it. Typical civil service caution. Say, the satellite system is not fool-proof, also will result in loss of revenue. They'll probably prefer two systems running in parallel for such time till the satellite system is proven reliable.

Personally i find the tap-and-hold method not very effective. In some really old carpark infrastructure, where they don't even have IU scanning set up, will still need to use the "insert cashcard" method. That's why i always still carry a cashcard in the car. Once was trapped in one such "old system" carpark, textile centre, where the scanning and tapping all cannot work, luckily one kind motorist lent me his cashcard to deduct [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1