37 flights delayed, one runway closed for 10 hours

kobayashiGT

Turbocharged

So all retail drones have build in GPS modules?

Not all. Hobby grade, yes. Toy grade, no.

Does this mean i can program the drone to fly to a specific GPS co-ordinate point without manually controlling it?

4-digit price and above, yes.

Lower than that, no. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I must praise all the forumers here, so far the responses are matured and civilized...compared to those that I saw in sg.yahoo [:p]

Imo this incident is really unfortunate, serious hobbyist usually know the NFZ restrictions, I guess this is likely caused by those ignorant youtuber who trying to to show off our newly launched Jewel or our world best Changi Airport.....it is good to see that the relevant authority is able to detect and make swift decision in time despite it is an expensive and embarrassing one.....now  we know that they are not sleeping...the perpetrator need to prepare "butter - buak gu you"....the punishment should take future deterrent into consideration  [smash]

• Praise 1

I must praise all the forumers here, so far the responses are matured and civilized...compared to those that I saw in sg.yahoo [:p]

Imo this incident is really unfortunate, serious hobbyist usually know the NFZ restrictions, I guess this is likely caused by those ignorant youtuber who trying to to show off our newly launched Jewel or our world best Changi Airport.....it is good to see that the relevant authority is able to detect and make swift decision in time despite it is an expensive and embarrassing one.....now we know that they are not sleeping...the perpetrator need to prepare "butter - buak gu you"....the punishment should take future deterrent into consideration [smash]

What they say there?

What they say there?

What they says there are what we have in our thoughts but we did not write down in Black & White here..... :we-all-gonna-die:  

Ka Ki Chye Tio Ho .... :XD:

• Praise 1

What they says there are what we have in our thoughts but we did not write down in Black & White here..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Ka Ki Chye Tio Ho .... :XD:

Maybe later I go see

Ya

Our chats are

Cursing the cbk who flew the drone

Nbz .. threaten our hobby

But CAAS would aso be mindful that could not be us as we are more with retail hobbyists drones

Ya

Our chats are

Cursing the cbk who flew the drone

Nbz .. threaten our hobby

But CAAS would aso be mindful that could not be us as we are more with retail hobbyists drones

Real hobbist only believes in self assembled models. :a-noway:  :XD:

Same as true car enthusiast. [:p]  

• Praise 1

Real hobbist only believes in self assembled models. :a-noway::XD:

Hahhahah elite liao

So all retail drones have build in GPS modules?

Does this mean i can program the drone to fly to a specific GPS co-ordinate point without manually controlling it?

I see..so some guy could actually pre program a GPS co-ordinate like say Raffles place during lunch time. Strap a home made bomb. Launch the drone and run away?

He no need to hang around to pilot the drone?

That's not good isn't it. Like pre program guided bomb?

Or am i watching too many action movies?

I see..so some guy could actually pre program a GPS co-ordinate like say Raffles place during lunch time. Strap a home made bomb. Launch the drone and run away?

Yes, very very possible. But the guy must have the know how.

Turbocharged

Real hobbist only believes in self assembled models. :a-noway::XD:

I agree. In fact it is the proliferation of retail ready-to-fly drones that brought in many many newbies into what was otherwise an exclusive hobby with a long apprenticeship! (hours of learning to build, fly, crash, repeat ...)

Need to know where you won't get into trouble flying a recreational drone?

https://flywhere.sg/

Even if you fly outside the restricted zones, it is still a public space, with bystanders and other users of the same space. So, still must exercise care, discretion and common-sense.

I think it's a matter of time. Scary!

I agree. In fact it is the proliferation of retail ready-to-fly drones that brought in many many newbies into what was otherwise an exclusive hobby with a long apprenticeship! (hours of learning to build, fly, crash, repeat ...)

Even if you fly outside the restricted zones, it is still a public space, with bystanders and other users of the same space. So, still must exercise care, discretion and common-sense.

Was in Aus.. national park. Lots people.

Someone flew a drone to take selfie.

And another in the crowd shouted he not allowed to flew drone within 30m of other people.

Not sure if such rule in Singapore or not

Twincharged

Yes, very very possible. But the guy must have the know how.

no need know how. DJI already have return to home function.

↡ Advertisement