2020 2nd Generation Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class (H247)

Carbon82

Because I am driving a RR Evoque, and it is coming to 8 years. Maintenance for this model is getting too expensive. Just changing parts last year cost me $13k. Time for me to change to a cheaper car since I am retired.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I am new to the world of Merc and recently went to the showroom.  I was impressed with the new GLA 180! 😁  Considering between PI & CC.

As I am new to Merc is there any common issue (head light, piston rings, DCT GB?) I should be aware off (like VW's DSG issue)?  I'm ready to pay to fix issues & repairs but just don't want to suddenly surprised in the later years. 😅

9 minutes ago, timlighty said:

I am new to the world of Merc and recently went to the showroom.  I was impressed with the new GLA 180! 😁  Considering between PI & CC.

As I am new to Merc is there any common issue (head light, piston rings, DCT GB?) I should be aware off (like VW's DSG issue)?  I'm ready to pay to fix issues & repairs but just don't want to suddenly surprised in the later years. 😅

Have been driving GLA180 for 2 years and no problem at all. But please note GLA180 by C&C no keyless entry unless add on $1,900. PI model normally no memory and electric seats. PI always cheaper as certain features take off.

15 hours ago, Keithtan said:

COE is capped at $32K

Wow, they capped your COE even though your indented car will only arrive in 6 months? I've asked around and the ADs don't usually do that due to COE uncertainties. 

12 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Did u lose out anything eg promotional discount by ordering indent basis?

Nope, the usual stuff is all in there - just that my final price is subjected to the COE when they register the car. Anything above $52k, I'll have to top up. Anything below $45k, they'll refund.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, timlighty said:

I am not aware C n C has started selling the new GLA180. What's the pricing, may I ask?

1 hour ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

Have been driving GLA180 for 2 years and no problem at all. But please note GLA180 by C&C no keyless entry unless add on $1,900. PI model normally no memory and electric seats. PI always cheaper as certain features take off.

I think he meant the new model GLA, not the X156.

But good to know you car so far so good. Anyway, what is your mileage like now?

On 1/10/2021 at 5:53 PM, Univ3r5e said:

Mind sharing what C&C gave for your COE rebate and cap? I just booked a GLA200 - also an indent as I wanted the rear AC vents, and their range was $45,800 - $52,000.

Congrats, when is your expected delivery month ?

On 9/6/2020 at 7:45 PM, Keithtan said:

Anything you can get e.g. additional service credits etc I put it into trade in price, because that is straight discount for me. If I get more service credits, later I sell car before using up the credits not worth it. Forget to say that because my car will come in 6 months later (because I chose a car that needs to be indented plus fitting of navigation), I get to drive my old car for free for 6 months since the trade in price is logged in. Based on my car's annual depreciation, it is worth 10k more to me.

so you booked in Sep 2020, and car delivery eta is Mar 2021?

i booked in Nov 2020, eta delivery is Mar/Apr 2021, added ard 12k options. but SE said the options addition is not the reason for the extended wait, it is simply due to too much orders taken..... funny thing is, till today i only saw the new GLA once on the road..... hmm....

9 minutes ago, Genosypheus said:

so you booked in Sep 2020, and car delivery eta is Mar 2021?

i booked in Nov 2020, eta delivery is Mar/Apr 2021, added ard 12k options. but SE said the options addition is not the reason for the extended wait, it is simply due to too much orders taken..... funny thing is, till today i only saw the new GLA once on the road..... hmm....

Now my latest delivery date is end Feb. My SE said because the colour I wanted (denim blue) is not available so have to wait.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Genosypheus said:

Congrats, when is your expected delivery month ?

Mine's around May-June. What was your COE rebate/cap if you don't mind sharing? Or was it fixed as with Keithtan's?

• Praise 1

On 1/11/2021 at 12:29 AM, Keithtan said:

Because I am driving a RR Evoque, and it is coming to 8 years. Maintenance for this model is getting too expensive. Just changing parts last year cost me $13k. Time for me to change to a cheaper car since I am retired.

Wow 13k in parts?

Can share what was changed?

13 hours ago, Univ3r5e said:

Mine's around May-June. What was your COE rebate/cap if you don't mind sharing? Or was it fixed as with Keithtan's?

when i booked in Nov 2020, the COE refund cap is anything below 35k. but no upper limit cap. it was 6 bid then.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Genosypheus said:

when i booked in Nov 2020, the COE refund cap is anything below 35k. but no upper limit cap. it was 6 bid then.

That is good rebate level as now COE rebate for Cat B is S$45k. You got your COE already?