Temporary insurance

iamlambo

I am currently 20 this year still p plate, looking to drive to melaka for a short trip. I currently have a car that is more than 10years, obviously with the car being more than 10 years there is no full insurance coverage for theft and etc.. So I was wondering if I could purchase temp insurance.

Alternatively, anyone knows where i can rent car for cheap in jb to drive into melaka or something?

Alternatively, anyone knows where i can rent car for cheap in jb to drive into melaka or something?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I am currently 20 this year still p plate, looking to drive to melaka for a short trip. I currently have a car that is more than 10years, obviously with the car being more than 10 years there is no full insurance coverage for theft and etc.. So I was wondering if I could purchase temp insurance.

There is no such thing as Temporary Insurance,just ask.that car belong to who.?

Turbocharged

car more than 10yrs cannot buy comprehensive insurance meh?

can even for cars above 10 years, but some companies don't. 

• Praise 1

I would say buy comprehensive type even for Lao pok car. 

Now s simple repairs would easily go into thousands. 

No point saving few hundreds bucks for the premium. 

Yeah. I also bought Comprehensive insurance for my COE car. After comparing the quotes between Comprehensive and 3rd Party with fire and theft, difference only about $100+. Also Comprehensive covers windscreen and pay out Market value of my COE car instead of COE value.

Think for cars under financing, the finance company required the car to have comprehensive insurance.

For cars not under finance, the owner can decide to buy only 3rd party insurance as required by LTA.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/ongoing-car-costs/insurance.html

"All vehicles must have motor insurance coverage to be used in Singapore. It is a requirement for your vehicle to be insured for the entire road tax renewal period before its road tax can be renewed.

The insurance must at least cover third-party liability for deaths and bodily injury. This is important so that traffic accident victims can be covered by insurance. "

↡ Advertisement