K5 owners check in

Dragonong

4 hours ago, teomingern said:

Sportage and Stinger nowhere near I think...

Not even Stinger? The length seem same as K5 as I always park next to my other block neighbour’s stinger...

↡ Advertisement

12 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Not even Stinger? The length seem same as K5 as I always park next to my other block neighbour’s stinger...

Check the wheelbase and internal space... ha ha... with rear wheel drive and the transmission tunnel... the rear space is very little...

4 hours ago, teomingern said:

Check the wheelbase and internal space... ha ha... with rear wheel drive and the transmission tunnel... the rear space is very little...

I see.. could it be it’s a coupe style while k5 is a saloon style?

29 minutes ago, sHy3r said:

I see.. could it be it’s a coupe style while k5 is a saloon style?

The Stinger is marketed as GT... so it has four proper seats with a good sized boot... but definitely not with the same space as the K5 lar... the rear bench already will be more spacious for the K5 cos you can sit 3 abreast...

Didn’t get to try any of them personally ya. But not looking for big boot though. 

what’s all your next ride gonna be? Coe ending in about a year for me. 

On 2/20/2021 at 7:16 PM, Dragonong said:

Didn’t get to try any of them personally ya. But not looking for big boot though. 

what’s all your next ride gonna be? Coe ending in about a year for me. 

My car only 5 years old this year... So not considering at all... Not worth changing... Just need the car cos of very young kids now... In the future, may not even be able to afford to drive... Good thing is train station within walking distance from my home, and next to my work place... So can don't drive in the future... Which is when this car's COE expires... The realities of life...

Yup true life real life. Enjoy while it’s there and if it’s not enjoyable, may consider selling off earlier to get more cash back so can enjoy in other areas too ya. 

Just realised not many 2012-2015 used K5 on sale. Why huh? 😀 

im driving 2013... comtemplated to sell.. but dealer give sh*t offer... plus coe go up... pull back the idea of changing car... 

Twincharged
6 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Just realised not many 2012-2015 used K5 on sale. Why huh? 😀 

im driving 2013... comtemplated to sell.. but dealer give sh*t offer... plus coe go up... pull back the idea of changing car... 

High coe. All scrapped. Beside large saloon Korean is not popular in sg. Heck even the Camry and accords are the same now. Everyone has gravitated to merc bmw and the likes. 

Edited by Mkl22

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

High coe. All scrapped. Beside large saloon Korean is not popular in sg. Heck even the Camry and accords are the same now. Everyone has gravitated to merc bmw and the likes. 

Hmm... ya... besides K5 now no new car on sale... used car $10k-11k/year depreciation... but stinger $15k/year depreciation. 

dunno why K5 depre dont go up when COE go up... 🥶

nowadays many buy Mercs n BMW... cos PI offer flexible finance...

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, sHy3r said:

Hmm... ya... besides K5 now no new car on sale... used car $10k-11k/year depreciation... but stinger $15k/year depreciation. 

Well you can see from sgcarmart which are the popular and in demand cars. Their prices shoot up when coe goes up

2 hours ago, sHy3r said:

We're a dying breed bro!

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Well you can see from sgcarmart which are the popular and in demand cars. Their prices shoot up when coe goes up

True, those not in demand ji tao never move upwards...

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

We're a dying breed bro!

Hmm.. ya... when there is no new car of the model bring in... that’s it... used car jialat... I want to sell, the dealer ask me scrap better... I might as well drive finish the 2 yrs left... 😀

40 minutes ago, sHy3r said:

Hmm.. ya... when there is no new car of the model bring in... that’s it... used car jialat... I want to sell, the dealer ask me scrap better... I might as well drive finish the 2 yrs left... 😀

No new model cos previous model no one buy... your car's face-lifted model almost didn't sell more than a few cars... I've only ever seen one... all the K5s are the initial model... no sales = no new model... the AD won't waste money on homologation when they're sure there's no market for the car... selling one or two cars can't justify the cost and time spent on the process... that's why I don't expect to see the new K5 or Sonata in Singapore... surprised that the Staria was even launched... and even more surprised that the Carnival was brought into Singapore...

48 minutes ago, teomingern said:

No new model cos previous model no one buy... your car's face-lifted model almost didn't sell more than a few cars... I've only ever seen one... all the K5s are the initial model... no sales = no new model... the AD won't waste money on homologation when they're sure there's no market for the car... selling one or two cars can't justify the cost and time spent on the process... that's why I don't expect to see the new K5 or Sonata in Singapore... surprised that the Staria was even launched... and even more surprised that the Carnival was brought into Singapore...

No ah.. mine 2013 still not facelifted yet. Initial launch  2011-2012 has no electric handbrake and auto hold.. 2012 end onwards then have... 

then after 2013 then facelift exterior and abit interior. 

in anyway, they launch the K5 was during the coe going upwards. Rarely people look at K5... cos coe so high, still got for 2.0? 

now u see coe so high, people buy stinger? $190k.. crazy price... 😀

maybe when coe is low, they can consider bringing in... k5.... 

↡ Advertisement